Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:13 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
My upgrade cleared for PDX-SEA at the window and it's on an E175 which are 1-2 in FC. I have my pick of 1A, 1C, and 1D.

Normally I'd take the solo seat, no questions asked. But the right hand side of the plane for PDX-SEA has gorgeous mountain views for the entire flight. I cannot decide on 1A or 1D
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by C W
My upgrade cleared for PDX-SEA at the window and it's on an E175 which are 1-2 in FC. I have my pick of 1A, 1C, and 1D.

Normally I'd take the solo seat, no questions asked. But the right hand side of the plane for PDX-SEA has gorgeous mountain views for the entire flight. I cannot decide on 1A or 1D
if you wait long enough someone will help you decide
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta PM
all the 757 and 767 options shown on the Delta app under "Delta's Fleet" angers me. a person new to Delta would still think that they are still flying 75M, 75N, etc.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Crossinator
all the 757 and 767 options shown on the Delta app under "Delta's Fleet" angers me. a person new to Delta would still think that they are still flying 75M, 75N, etc.
A new person to DL would have no idea what those are.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by C W

Those west coast flights are some of the few that I prefer window over aisle. During the summer, if a two stopper through PDX or LAX is a similar price, I always take the two stopper just for the views. I had an agent comment on my routing one day, "Taking the scenic route I see." I really had booked that routing just for the scenery.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
The new olive oil pretzels

I really really hate them...and then they took away the peanuts and replaced with almonds!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Looks like the much-reviled domestic 767s with 30F 2-2-2 are running ATL-SFO in October I'll be in F on OPM so I guess I can't really complain, but I will anyway SDC FTW!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by gretchendz
I really really hate them...and then they took away the peanuts and replaced with almonds!
Those "pretzels" are AWFUL AND DISGUSTING!!!!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I like the almonds, but those pretzels are bad. Really bad.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I also like the almonds, but it would be nice to have BOTH almonds and peanuts.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah. Weird aftertaste that makes me think the non-citrus type of furniture cleaner.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:07 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I can't stand how they lay down linens before your first beverage is served inflight....seems so rushed to me.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:25 am

You are being too kind. I have never tried to eat a handful of sawdust, but that was what I imagined when I was trying to swallow them. I went through an entire glass of wine halfway through the bag trying to get enough moisture in them to be able to swallow them.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:36 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by gretchendz
I really really hate them...
Originally Posted by WWads
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Yeah. Weird aftertaste that makes me think the non-citrus type of furniture cleaner.
Originally Posted by The Situation
You are being too kind. I have never tried to eat a handful of sawdust, but that was what I imagined when I was trying to swallow them. I went through an entire glass of wine halfway through the bag trying to get enough moisture in them to be able to swallow them.
Weird, I didn't mind them at all. Maybe I was too hungry and/or drunk to care.

I still miss the PMNWA pretzels that were absolutely loaded with artificial butter flavoring.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.