Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WWads
In FC or C+?
C+
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
I flew a CRJ200 yesterday, first in a long time, no snack basket (pretzels/peanuts, yes). Didn't ask, but I got the impression there's never one. True?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was it a short CRJ flight that didn't have any bev service? Been a while since I was on a torture tube barbie-jet, but back then it was a 90 min flight so had beverage and biscoff.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Was it a short CRJ flight that didn't have any bev service?
Yeah, 1.25 flight time. Had a basic bev service. Water in a cup, etc.

You know, if they took out 2/3 of the seats in a CRJ200, and put in some half-recline leather seats, it wouldn't be a bad plane.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:49 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Snack basket in C+ is only for 900+ mile flights, CRJ2 or otherwise. Water is always "in a cup". Not sure what you were expecting or who set those expectations, seems like you got the appropriate service.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by pvn
Snack basket in C+ is only for 900+ mile flights, CRJ2 or otherwise. Water is always "in a cup". Not sure what you were expecting or who set those expectations, seems like you got the appropriate service.
I prefer my water in a zero-g blob.

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by pvn
lol... expectations set by a goodly number of comp UG's over the past couple of years on mainline.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:24 am

USB charging outlets not working, happened to me several times on international flights.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by angel_benet
USB charging outlets not working, happened to me several times on international flights.
Definitely not a pathetic thing to complain about, IMO.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe many of the USB ports only put out 500 mA. Note that the older system designs on aircraft like the 763ER's pre-date devices like iPhones/iPads (think iPods). Depending on your device, that may not be enough to both operate and charge at the same time (particularly tablets). If you power them off, they will typically slowly trickle charge with 500 mA USB ports.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 28, 2017 at 10:11 am
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
I believe many of the USB ports only put out 500 mA. Note that the older system designs on aircraft like the 763ER's pre-date devices like iPhones/iPads (think iPods). Depending on your device, that may not be enough to both operate and charge at the same time (particularly tablets). If you power them off, they will typically slowly trickle charge with 500 mA USB ports.
Most of the time I charge them while Im fast asleep these long haul flights, and while they're being charged they're always on Airplane mode. By the time I wake up they're all charged up to 100%.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by pvn
100% false. Water in the ocean is not in a cup. Water that exists as steam is not in a cup.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:16 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
100% false. Water in the ocean is not in a cup. Water that exists as steam is not in a cup.
heh, you got me. Excellent flyertalk response. ^
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Definitely not a pathetic thing to complain about, IMO.
Agree. I got some SkyMiles for a busted one this spring (love the FA hand units) - not that I am complaining about that!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by LBJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.