Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 7:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MinnTee
The FA not squeezing the lime and just throwing it in, so I have to dig it out and squeeze it myself. and then not getting a napkin to wipe my hands!
This is a peeve of mine as well.

One inventive FA used a cocktail straw to impale the lime, then bent the straw in half and speared thru the lime again, then pinned one of those plastic wings on the straw
Old May 26, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
The snacks have gotten very.... boring.

You know it's bland when you actually select peanuts. (honey roasted, and STILL not warmed, but even so...)

And who thought beef jerky was a good idea?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta
The Porsche left without me and I had to plane train from B to F.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EditingFX
The snacks have gotten very.... boring.

You know it's bland when you actually select peanuts. (honey roasted, and STILL not warmed, but even so...)

And who thought beef jerky was a good idea?
Aside from the smell, I like the jerky idea. Protein and not messy. And, mmmmm, salt.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
This is a peeve of mine as well.

One inventive FA used a cocktail straw to impale the lime, then bent the straw in half and speared thru the lime again, then pinned one of those plastic wings on the straw

I 3rd that. Interesting that we had that same straw trick, without the wings, for the first time two weeks ago.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
The FA not squeezing the lime and just throwing it in, so I have to dig it out and squeeze it myself. and then not getting a napkin to wipe my hands!
My lime fell into my drink, making me look like an idiot while stabbing it with the straw
Old May 26, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by United747
My lime fell into my drink, making me look like an idiot while stabbing it with the straw
Why I like KLM, they give you a device the will squeeze the juice out while it's on the bottom. Basically a flat surface with a few sharp points.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dzflyer
The FA forgetting to put a lime in my bloody mary
​​​​​
Originally Posted by United747
not quite as annoying with a G&T, but still ...

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why I like KLM, they give you a device the will squeeze the juice out while it's on the bottom. Basically a flat surface with a few sharp points.
a fork serves the same purpose (unless you're specifically referring to PDB service)
Old May 27, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
a lot of recent Sunday AM flying, which means hit-and-miss PDBs depending on airport and FAs.

Delta should change my flying schedule to not be Sunday AMs.

also, seatbelts with built-in airbags. those suck.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by C W
Congratualtions on 2MM!!!
Thanx for that!
Old May 27, 2017, 4:07 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I know this is KAL nut rage level, but why on earth are PD-nuts in D1 served in packages? Surely they can carry around some small plastic or ceramic ramekins with the PDBs. Would warm be too much to ask for? If AA can do it...

Once they had black-peppered cashews. Now, I like cashews and I like pepper. In fact I'm not a picky eater at all. If you don't believe me, look up balut – I enjoyed that. I can even usually get all the way through a D1 appetizer. But the peppered cashews were one the nastiest things I've ever tasted, literally one nut had me grasping for the nasty PDB "champagne."
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This may win the thread:

The buckle side of my seatbelt is attached "upside-down" so that the only way to fasten it causes a half-twist in the belt, which is really bothersome from an OCD perspective.
​​​​​​​Above was I think in 4A of a 320. Now seated in 4C of a 320 with the same problem . I don't keep a flight memory so dunno if it's the same aircraft.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Above was I think in 4A of a 320. Now seated in 4C of a 320 with the same problem . I don't keep a flight memory so dunno if it's the same aircraft.
I don't have the Bureau of Transportation Statistics link at hand (it's been posted several times) but it's pretty easy to look up a flight once it's in the DOT database (which is typically at least one calendar month behind)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by C W
I know this is KAL nut rage level, but why on earth are PD-nuts in D1 served in packages? Surely they can carry around some small plastic or ceramic ramekins with the PDBs. Would warm be too much to ask for? If AA can do it...

Once they had black-peppered cashews. Now, I like cashews and I like pepper. In fact I'm not a picky eater at all. If you don't believe me, look up balut – I enjoyed that. I can even usually get all the way through a D1 appetizer. But the peppered cashews were one the nastiest things I've ever tasted, literally one nut had me grasping for the nasty PDB "champagne."
i switched most of my flying to OW last year and I have to say....AA's domestic FC product is quite nice....and those WARMED nuts and fresh cookies make me wish I would have been flying them all along.....
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:30 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by 355F1
i switched most of my flying to OW last year and I have to say....AA's domestic FC product is quite nice....and those WARMED nuts and fresh cookies make me wish I would have been flying them all along.....
I'll stick with the better overall food, better drinks, consistent PDBs, better FAs, better domestic lounges, better business seats and bedding, and better on-time performance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.