Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
-The new salt/pepper shakers while nice are a pain to open.

-Does anyone actually wipe down the consoles?.. Ever?.. Eww..

-Especially on regionals, its hard to fit 2 full sized alessi glasses on the cocktail table.

-There's a solid 3" of space from the fuselage to the armrest. In my book, thats a wasted 1.5"/seat of seat width gone.

-With ATG it took me 10 whole minutes to download Gogo Entertainment on a family members device from the play store ...after the APK wouldn't open upon
installing it from DL studio

-This is yet another flight where I had to take a coach blanket as they didn't have any blankets waiting for me at our seat. Does anyone actually watch to make sure no one steals them.

-Even upon boarding, they were almost out of soap in the lavs; honestly, is it that hard to notice?

-As seindfeld would say, there's a lack of a locking door between the cabins. Not even a curtain! How else am I supposed to feel more important than everyone else?
Who let you into FC to begin with? #Shena

Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WWads
Who let you into FC to begin with? #Shena

Double shena -actually.

Got the entire crew (of 4) up there both ways.
(Gotta love no shows -right; to make things worse, one of them got up'd after boarding.
Whats YBYL again? )

I've began to notice something, my hardest routes become easy upgrade oppurtunities right after meltdowns.

My first decent upgrade was (unfortunately) on a 739 from MCO right after the august mega-meltdown.

..And now this. Honestly, I for once can't complain
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by dzflyer
There are not enough nonrev shena and someone stole my upgrade threads. We need more.
Will I suffice?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:16 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
New thread:

TheLifeOfA_NKCM Stole My Upgrade
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W
One day...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
After my last minute (free) UG (nod to bubba), my new Alessi flatware was really sticky and I had to fish out a wet nap to wipe it down myself....
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
1) -The new salt/pepper shakers while nice are a pain to open.

2) -Does anyone actually wipe down the consoles?.. Ever?.. Eww..

3) -Especially on regionals, its hard to fit 2 full sized alessi glasses on the cocktail table.

4) -There's a solid 3" of space from the fuselage to the armrest. In my book, thats a wasted 1.5"/seat of seat width gone.

5) -With ATG it took me 10 whole minutes to download Gogo Entertainment on a family members device from the play store ...after the APK wouldn't open upon installing it from DL studio

6) -This is yet another flight where I had to take a coach blanket as they didn't have any blankets waiting for me at our seat. Does anyone actually watch to make sure no one steals them.

7) -Even upon boarding, they were almost out of soap in the lavs; honestly, is it that hard to notice?

8) -As seindfeld would say, there's a lack of a locking door between the cabins. Not even a curtain! How else am I supposed to feel more important than everyone else?
You could've made that in to 8 separate "Mindless, Random, Pathetic Rant" posts!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
my new Alessi flatware was really sticky and I had to fish out a wet nap to wipe it down myself....
Eeeeeeewww!!!

Couldn't you have just asked for new flatware?!?!?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
You could've made that in to 8 separate "Mindless, Random, Pathetic Rant" posts!
Oh yeah, you're right. I'm really close to a thousand too.

Any way to get that post count up

---

On a non DL related note, am I the only one who's brain hurts when I see this..

It's a ritz-carlton and a four seasons? WHAT?!?!

It doesnt even make sense.. They're direct competitors yet its somehow in tadem... Urrgh.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:08 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Oh yeah, you're right. I'm really close to a thousand too.

Any way to get that post count up

---

On a non DL related note, am I the only one who's brain hurts when I see this..

It's a ritz-carlton and a four seasons? WHAT?!?!

It doesnt even make sense.. They're direct competitors yet its somehow in tadem... Urrgh.
It's now a full-fledged Ritz, no more FS ownership
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by EditingFX
I did get the first meal choice. So I told the FA to just give me whichever meal they'd run out of first.

(jk)
ROFLMAO

Classic!!!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by DeltaDunce
Steaks on a Plane?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
somebody wasn't watching the ads during the Final Four (or maybe saw that one too many times)
Old May 12, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
too good an opportunity to pass up

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-12-hours.html
Old May 15, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Maddening.

Flying on DL 0664 from DCA to SLC on Wednesday.

App showing 10 open seats in F. 48 hours from flight time. I'm still back in C+.

Yeah I know, I'm on a U fare. And yea, I'm sure DL's algorithms are assuming that 6 will get bought up in next 24 hours...

But still... holding 10 open seats until the gate? Come on. Upgrade me.

p.s. don't tell me there are 5-7 purchased seats that just aren't selected yet. I won't believe you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.