Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 10:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by HMO
I disassembled and fixed it once. Thinking better now, I could have ended in a big trouble, if some FA had noticed it...
I've been debating whether to write it into MTC the slide-out drinks shelf in the armrest was stuck and could not be slid out either.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
the slide-out drinks shelf in the armrest was stuck and could not be slid out either.
oh the horror!
Old May 22, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HMO
I disassembled and fixed it once. Thinking better now, I could have ended in a big trouble, if some FA had noticed it...
I do that all the time. Part of the OCD in me can't stand that half twist. I've spent 30 minutes fighting my car seatbelt when it flips the "wrong" way. Although it's magic how that hasn't happened since the kids went off to college and have their own cars.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Moved - Please delete

Moved to the "Delta Adding Post-Purchase Comfort+, FC Upgrade Purchases" thread.

Last edited by davetravels; May 24, 2017 at 8:05 am
Old May 24, 2017, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Almost DL related, my thread isn't stickied yet.

​​​​​​...Yeah even I can't say that with a straight face.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Almost DL related, my thread isn't stickied yet.

​​​​​​...Yeah even I can't say that with a straight face.
I know that what this thread has morphed into, is CERTAINLY not what your original intent was!

That said, when I looked back at page 1, I discovered that I had post number 2 in this thread!
Old May 24, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
I know that what this thread has morphed into, is CERTAINLY not what your original intent was!

That said, when I looked back at page 1, I discovered that I had post number 2 in this thread!
true, but your post was just a pointer to a closed thread ... which, to some, qualifies to be cited in its own right
Old May 25, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
This may win the thread:

The buckle side of my seatbelt is attached "upside-down" so that the only way to fasten it causes a half-twist in the belt, which is really bothersome from an OCD perspective.
Congrats! Here'z your award.

That said, I might be able to top that one. . . .

Leaving MEX the other day, I needed one of those paper / cardboard Delta baggage ID tags. I filled out the WHOLE thing, and, when I went to put it on my bag, I discovered that the elastic band was MISSING!!! I had to start all over again, and fill out ANOTHER ONE! I want compensation!!!
Old May 25, 2017, 8:50 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
The diaphanous paper that Delta uses to print boarding passes. The way they're already curled up immediately after being printed is utterly lacking in dignity. I feel like I've been given a grocery store receipt, not a Delta One boarding pass. They don't stand up well to being taken in and out of pockets and by the time I'm done with a few connections are usually in no condition to go in my collection. The ink also seems to fade over time.

I far prefer the few outstations that still print on heavy stock.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by C W
The diaphanous paper. . . . .
You must've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite! I had to look that one up!

That said - - - I know someone else who has a boarding pass "collection". He's probably reading this right now!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:26 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by davetravels
You must've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite! I had to look that one up!
Sadly I was in my own bed. Worse yet, this joke is entirely lost on me

That said, I'm glad you learned a new word
Old May 25, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Distributor of ours wants to sponsor me for a trip to Vietnam for an agricultural expo.
They only waant to book me in Comfort+ if I want to be on DL metal and partners.

Long trip to get to Ho Chi Minh.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by C W
Sadly I was in my own bed. Worse yet, this joke is entirely lost on me
Whaaaaaat?!?!? You never saw a Holiday Inn Express commercial?!? . . . . Where people are perceived to be extremely smart because they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?!?

Old May 25, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by C W
I far prefer the few outstations that still print on heavy stock.
The SP counter at my home airport still prints on heavy stock - it's a nice little treat whenever I check by bag going outbound. I wouldn't call my home airport a small outstation, though. :P
Old May 26, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
The FA forgetting to put a lime in my bloody mary
The FA not squeezing the lime and just throwing it in, so I have to dig it out and squeeze it myself. and then not getting a napkin to wipe my hands!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.