Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by zeke3
Delta correctly sent me an email that it was time to check in for my flight an hour early, with Daylight Savings starting overnight. When I try to check in, it tells me I am too early. I guess I have to wait until 23 hours before my flight!
Once again: Delta IT FTW!
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zeke3
Delta correctly sent me an email that it was time to check in for my flight an hour early, with Daylight Savings starting overnight. When I try to check in, it tells me I am too early. I guess I have to wait until 23 hours before my flight!
At least AFAIK DL wasn't confused by Leap Year. I was staying in a Hyatt hotel the night of February 29th, checked in (during the afternoon) and sound asleep, when the hotel generated a "it's time to check in" email to me at 3 am.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:45 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I want to complain about this post being in this thread.
This is quite consequential and should not even be here!

Originally Posted by JABBY
I applied a RUC for a booking in the app. I had to call 3X to get the RUC expiring first to be pulled instead of one expiring a year later. Each time I called, the rep said it was fixed and the soonest-expiring RUC would be pulled, with the later-expiring one to be redeposited into my wallet.
No dice for calls one & two.
The third call was the charm, and the rep held for a moment while I refreshed my wallet to see the change was done.
In the customer service survey, I noted the app & site should allow selection for the specific RUC one would like to apply, if the first-expiring one isn’t automatically applied, as it should be.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:47 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Perhaps that is why it has 2 levels - one for the shoe on the top and the other for the shoe being on the other foot

Originally Posted by TheHorta
I can almost fit one whole foot into the footwell on KLM 333 J seat!

Old Mar 9, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
The FC/Comfort dividing curtain is annoying when one sits in 10C on a A321 and isn't opened lol. It definitely encroaches on my space. Mrs. FLYPWM sitting in 10D was getting annoyed with me because I was getting annoyed with the curtain.
ffI likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I got a paper cut when going through the "Get to know your new and enhanced benefits." packet for my Delta Reserve card that they mailed me. The paper was too rigid.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
This one is a hall of fame post . Sorry about your papercut tho!
defrosted likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Delta has had some pretty bad safety videos but the current one takes the cake. There will be a lawsuit if there is an emergency. What in the heck does a bunch of people sitting on folding chairs, outside, at a resort, have to do with getting off a plane in an emergency situation. STOP BEING CUITE DELTA and just give us a video that might actually help those who rarely travel.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
Delta has had some pretty bad safety videos but the current one takes the cake. There will be a lawsuit if there is an emergency. What in the heck does a bunch of people sitting on folding chairs, outside, at a resort, have to do with getting off a plane in an emergency situation. STOP BEING CUITE DELTA and just give us a video that might actually help those who rarely travel.
I miss the funny/weird ones. I would actually pay attention to those.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I know the A350 Suite is the flagship J product for Delta, and it was a wonderful seat, but when they close the curtain at the rear of D1, blocking off the PS galley, you're forced to get up and stretch in the very small and very utilized J galley up front. Makes me appreciate the VS 787 UC coffins since at least there you can get up and stretch at the bar or the open space (though in all honesty minus the lack of storage I love the ottoman for sleeping).
Old Apr 18, 2024, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Main and C+ seating on the A220 is 2-3 rather than 3-2

I prefer right-side windows to left-side windows (esp when traveling with Mrs767, who as a right-handed knitter would rather not worry about either her elbow or her work encroaching on either the aisle or a middle-seat passenger)

and — presumably like most others — I *greatly* prefer a 2-seat row to a 3-seat row

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.