Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
What kind of cheese?!?!?

What kind of ham? Black Forest? Prosciutto from San Danielle? A good Spanish raw ham of the sort that hangs in tapas bars with sawdust on the floor?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What kind of ham? Black Forest? Prosciutto from San Danielle? A good Spanish raw ham of the sort that hangs in tapas bars with sawdust on the floor?
what's the most generic mass-produced sliced deli-style ham that's sold by a company headquartered in or near Atlanta?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
what's the most generic mass-produced sliced deli-style ham that's sold by a company headquartered in or near Atlanta?
In Pittsburgh, it's:

pgh234, hi55us and dcadwell like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
The STUPID "Congratulations on your Medallion Complimentary Upgrade" email, when it is the same C+ seat that I chose for myself 3 months earlier. I would rather have DL IT get the APP working then wasting their time on these idiotic emails.
When you get these emails and your plane is a CRJ2.
synergistic likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by tvtd
When you get these emails and your plane is a CRJ2.
I feel pretty guilty liking that =p I don't think that's pathetic at all...
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AMEX DL
Is the "like" button new? I have to tell ya...."dislike" is feeling just a leeetle bit discriminated against. In this age of PC it should have equal time doncha think?
synergistic likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
People who use PMNW on this forum to talk about anything before a hint of a merger between NWA and DAL. If this were a Jeep forum, do you think anyone would use PMJeep to refer to a Cherokee or Wagoneer built in the 1970s and early 1980s, long before anyone imagined Chrysler was going to own them eventually? Hell, Chrysler has since merged with Daimler. It makes me wonder about some people's critical thinking skills.
DCFinanceinFlight likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:40 am

Here's a conspiracy theory for you... Does Delta know which crews will receive lower survey marks and not offer post flight surveys to customers for those flights because it would lower their customer satisfaction rating, which is published and touted and a factor in compensation? It has been a long time since I had a mediocre crew and a long time since I did not receive a post flight survey. Those two happened on the same flight for me last week and now that I think of it, the last time I had a poor crew, I also did not receive a post flight survey. They weren't so bad that I feel the need to write in a complaint (although I advised my seatmate to do so because they really did not treat her very well), but the post flight survey would have been perfect for such feedback.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AMEX DL
I enjoy conspiracy theory speculations although I prefer to call them critical thinking. Can you ask for a survey when you deplane? The USPS encourages it when I've expressed some issue. However, more times then not "oh, we don't have any at the moment".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:25 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Well today I finally had one of those "old people who didn't pay for pre check but got it for free" incidents that people here harp on and on about as if it were the biggest crime against humanity, after all, we all know what an INJUSTICE it is if a DYKWIA has to wait an extra (according to complaints) five or even TEN minutes in the security line.

I noticed this lady taking her liquids out so I decided to see how much she actually held up the line. She started removing her shoes as well, this is when she actually started causing a delay.

Total delay time:

are you ready for this?

sit down, it's shocking.

twelve seconds.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:35 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
twelve seconds.
And multiply that by ..... What's the average billable hourly rate of the average FlyerTalker traveling consultant?!?!?

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by davetravels
And multiply that by ..... What's the average billable hourly rate of the average FlyerTalker traveling consultant?!?!?
davetravels likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL - PM
Twice in the past few days I've volunteered to take a later flight, so they protected me on later flights. In both cases, they ended up not needing me. However, the protected flights didn't get cleared off my itinerary, so I still got OTD and boarding alerts through the app for those flights I wasn't taking. I should be entitled to significant compensation for this inconvenience, right?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:03 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Well today I finally had one of those "old people who didn't pay for pre check but got it for free" incidents that people here harp on and on about as if it were the biggest crime against humanity, after all, we all know what an INJUSTICE it is if a DYKWIA has to wait an extra (according to complaints) five or even TEN minutes in the security line.

I noticed this lady taking her liquids out so I decided to see how much she actually held up the line. She started removing her shoes as well, this is when she actually started causing a delay.

Total delay time:

are you ready for this?

sit down, it's shocking.

There was a gentleman who went through the metal detector 5 times as the ling grew longer and longer. Finally they put him in the scanner - money grab machine. That was over 2 minutes. That meant I was behind 3 people Centurion Lounge check-in so it was cumulative.

twelve seconds.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
New rant: that awful loud CARPET SWEEPER they insist on rolling around in the lounge, constantly.

Please stop it! Is the carpet really that dirty?

it is so loud. between that and every other noise in the lounge that i can't stand (screaming kids) i've started to wear earplugs for the entire journey not just in air.

#crazyoldman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.