Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Fixed that for'ya!

Originally Posted by Zorak

1. D1 hard product but on a domestic F route, received PDB in a plastic cup.

2. 30-minute taxi at LAX.

3. Having to keep the TV stowed during said 30 minute taxi.

4. It's the first of the month and they still have last month's SKY magazine
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:51 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
only 30 minutes? (blessed emoji)
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
I'm just going to say these fit since DL owns stake in them...

1. Having to take my ID out despite being CLEARed

2. Having the ambassador have to waste the time to tell the TSO I've been verified; just send me through

3. I miss when the ambassadors would let you even cut the line on the belt and put the stuff on for you.

4. CLEAR's useless w/o PC in MCO where the majority of the line is post ID check

---

5. The e-gates are being done all wrong. Have one for each zone to quintuple the amount of people we can cram into the jetway.

6. The e-gates are slow. The stupid delay for the gate to open almost makes the speed gains for not.

7. The last time I had pasta in F they put way too much spinach on it

8. 2Ku may be a lot better than ATG (because.. well it is) but that doesn't mean it's amazing. Hell, my internet is 20x faster than a typical 2ku connection

vs

...Yeah, they've still got a little ways to go. Now sure, you could say its a big deal that the wifi is even usable given well, we're 30k feet in the air, but then again look at this thread's title.

9. I'll give Delta one (crap, totally not intended..), given their a premium airline I could understand them being too stuffy to say "Anyone want some warm nuts".

10. The pepper shakers not only are hard to get pepper out of, but for the frail, it takes two minutes just trying to fidget the lid off.

11. Am I really the only one who hates chocolate? For once, all I want is an oatmeal cookie that I wont find out has white chocolate in it for some reason after the third bite.

12. There's never bacon at breakfast time, speaking of which, whatever happened to the croissants. Now all we've got are crappy bagels

13. The stickers that show the seat numbers (going along the OH bins) are red for C+ but not for F. Why?

14. RIP actually decent bulkhead cutouts in F.

15. The CR9s are either freezing cold or boiling depending on where you sit.

16. Dealing with Gogo support that time when Gogo Entertainment wouldn't download mid-flight was the highlight of my day

17. When was the last time Delta redesigned their websites front page?

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Sep 1, 2017 at 2:18 pm
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by The Situation
Here's a conspiracy theory for you... Does Delta know which crews will receive lower survey marks and not offer post flight surveys to customers for those flights because it would lower their customer satisfaction rating, which is published and touted and a factor in compensation? It has been a long time since I had a mediocre crew and a long time since I did not receive a post flight survey. Those two happened on the same flight for me last week and now that I think of it, the last time I had a poor crew, I also did not receive a post flight survey. They weren't so bad that I feel the need to write in a complaint (although I advised my seatmate to do so because they really did not treat her very well), but the post flight survey would have been perfect for such feedback.
I've just resorted to Twitter on this, and all positive feedback for which I've used my JWD certs for the year. DL's Tweeps are pretty fast in replying they'll forward the feedback on.

Originally Posted by pvn
Well today I finally had one of those "old people who didn't pay for pre check but got it for free" incidents that people here harp on and on about as if it were the biggest crime against humanity, after all, we all know what an INJUSTICE it is if a DYKWIA has to wait an extra (according to complaints) five or even TEN minutes in the security line.

I noticed this lady taking her liquids out so I decided to see how much she actually held up the line. She started removing her shoes as well, this is when she actually started causing a delay.

Total delay time:

are you ready for this?

sit down, it's shocking.

twelve seconds.
Originally Posted by davetravels
And multiply that by ..... What's the average billable hourly rate of the average FlyerTalker traveling consultant?!?!?

Seriously, come to the PreCheck line at IAD where every Int'l kettle seems to get it, all wearing precious metals, none of who want to send those metals through the scanner, and speak so little english the TSA agents resort to speaking louder (because that'll speed along understanding). Or the wheelchair folks who insist on going through the PreCheck instead of IAD's dedicated wheelchair lane which is empty most of the time.

1. D1 hard product but on a domestic F route, received PDB in a plastic cup.
The only time I will ever experience D1 is on a massive SkyPesos redemption but I still get a chuckle out of this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:20 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by tvtd
Seriously, come to the PreCheck line at IAD where every Int'l kettle seems to get it
wat

IAD is one of the better ones IMO. A couple of weeks ago I was able to get from curbside to precheck to train to gate (at the very end of B) in 12 minutes (on a Thursday mid-afternoon!) and make an earlier flight.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
wat

IAD is one of the better ones IMO. A couple of weeks ago I was able to get from curbside to precheck to train to gate (at the very end of B) in 12 minutes (on a Thursday mid-afternoon!) and make an earlier flight.
I can only speak to my transit times which tend to be first flight through 9a at the latest. I was through there at least once a week throughout the summer and consistently experienced long wait times after the 8a hour. Now, granted, it was during summer and toward the end a third ID station with a second metal detector was open which helped out. Hopefully things continue to smooth out.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
11. Am I really the only one who hates chocolate?
nope (but I like those white chocolate chips)
^
15. When was the last time Delta redesigned their websites front page?
TOO long ago
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

#4 for today (or 5, depending on who's counting ). watching the "you are here" positional dot on Google Maps on descent into ATL and realizing your flight is lining up with RWY 10.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
(depending on who's counting )
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
#1 and #2 for upgrade and board ATL-PBI after the GA asks me and my companion if we want to split as only 1 FC seat is available.
We decline.

app shows us both upgraded after boarding and no one moves us. 2 empties in F when I violated the rules and used the FC cabin lav.

Door closed early and just flat laziness on the GA's part.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 1, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
#1 and #2 for upgrade and board ATL-PBI after the GA asks me and my companion if we want to split as only 1 FC seat is available.
We decline.

app shows us both upgraded after boarding and no one moves us. 2 empties in F when I violated the rules and used the FC cabin lav.

Door closed early and just flat laziness on the GA's part.
THAT'S not pathetic! That deserves a complaint!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
I would complain, OMG! A little over an hour flight and you had to, gasp! Sit with the commoners!!
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:34 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
The SEA Sky Club has salt grinders which upset me as they are nonsensical because, unlike pepper, there are no essential oils in salt to freshly release upon grinding.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm just going to say these fit since DL owns stake in them...

1. Having to take my ID out despite being CLEARed

2. Having the ambassador have to waste the time to tell the TSO I've been verified; just send me through

3. I miss when the ambassadors would let you even cut the line on the belt and put the stuff on for you.

4. CLEAR's useless w/o PC in MCO where the majority of the line is post ID check

---

5. The e-gates are being done all wrong. Have one for each zone to quintuple the amount of people we can cram into the jetway.

6. The e-gates are slow. The stupid delay for the gate to open almost makes the speed gains for not.

7. The last time I had pasta in F they put way too much spinach on it

8. 2Ku may be a lot better than ATG (because.. well it is) but that doesn't mean it's amazing. Hell, my internet is 20x faster than a typical 2ku connection

vs

...Yeah, they've still got a little ways to go. Now sure, you could say its a big deal that the wifi is even usable given well, we're 30k feet in the air, but then again look at this thread's title.

9. I'll give Delta one (crap, totally not intended..), given their a premium airline I could understand them being too stuffy to say "Anyone want some warm nuts".

10. The pepper shakers not only are hard to get pepper out of, but for the frail, it takes two minutes just trying to fidget the lid off.

11. Am I really the only one who hates chocolate? For once, all I want is an oatmeal cookie that I wont find out has white chocolate in it for some reason after the third bite.

12. There's never bacon at breakfast time, speaking of which, whatever happened to the croissants. Now all we've got are crappy bagels

13. The stickers that show the seat numbers (going along the OH bins) are red for C+ but not for F. Why?

15. The CR9s are either freezing cold or boiling depending on where you sit.

16. Dealing with Gogo support that time when Gogo Entertainment wouldn't download mid-flight was the highlight of my day

17. When was the last time Delta redesigned their websites front page?
#2 ,5,6,7 - Agree on all
#8 - Haven't had bad speeds lately, but when they are, they're awful.
#9 - Actually have had them ask on my last two D1 flights if i wanted them warmed.
#11 - Can't eat chocolate (get sick). However white chocolate isn't really the same as "chocolate." Love and can tolerate it.
#12 - croissants have been offered on all my recent flights.
#15 - there's a knob that controls the temp right outside the lav (same panel they control lights from). As you walk out pretend to grasp the knob as if you're off balance, while turning down/up. Of course this only works if you're in FC.
#16 - Love GoGo support. I never pay for service on international flights. I have a monthly all airline pass, and agents have no clue that it's only supposed to be for domestic flights. They shrug and send a one time pass when they cant get you logged in. Found out about this when i didn't realize it didn't include international and opened a support session. After three times i finally called GoGo while home and found out why. However figured if agents will give it for free why not try again. No issues so far.
#17 - It's Delta we're talking about. Leave well enough alone. Really don't need any more "enhancements."
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Smile

Originally Posted by C W
The pepper in the Alessi pepper shakers is too coarse to properly dispense through the orifice.
Orifice. Haha.

That's on the list with "panties."

Never to be used in polite company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.