Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
... although the "reason for edting" box doesn't appear on the mobile interface.
Neither does the like option, which I'd have used for this post =p
Pharaoh likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by synergistic
Neither does the like option, which I'd have used for this post =p
Or videos.. Or mentions
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
um, if you're on mobile, isn't there a "View Full Site" button? about twice a week my iPhone automagically switches from web to mobile (which I absolutely DESPISE) and I have to scroll all the way down to revert
davetravels likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
um, if you're on mobile, isn't there a "View Full Site" button? about twice a week my iPhone automagically switches from web to mobile (which I absolutely DESPISE) and I have to scroll all the way down to revert
There is, and if I'm reading/posting on FT from my phone, I'll use the View Full Site button for things like
  • if I suspect from context or an otherwise empty message that I'm missing an embedded YouTube video or tweet etc
  • to check out the poster's profile for location etc if it might be relevant
  • to upload a photo
but I'm not going to go to the trouble of switching to the full site just to enter a reason for editing a post (most of my edits fall within the grace period anyway)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
"Reason for editing a post" field.

and . . . .

The "Grace period" for editing posts.

synergistic likes this.

Last edited by davetravels; Sep 14, 2017 at 7:21 am Reason: Adding "The "Grace period" for editing posts! :)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:09 pm

I actually hate doing something that requites switching to the full site version on my phone, because I haven't yet figured out how to tell it to switch back to mobile. I have to wait a few days for that automagical switch jrl767 mentioned.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Currently on MCO-DTW on a 757 with only 70 passengers total.
In F with 12 of 20 seats left and the ATL based (announced earlier) FA just took my PDB before we left the gate as he needs to "prepare for departure".

...?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
... although the "reason for edting" box doesn't appear on the mobile interface.
+1. Also if accidentally switch to regular mode, it's impossible on my phone to switch back w/o deleting all my cookies.

BTW when more than a small portion of message is missing it deserves a reason. Otherwise just simply edit the message.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by synergistic
I actually hate doing something that requites switching to the full site version on my phone, because I haven't yet figured out how to tell it to switch back to mobile. I have to wait a few days for that automagical switch jrl767 mentioned.
There's a dropdown at the bottom of the full site interface:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.51.37.png
Views: 768
Size:  16.5 KB

pick "Mobile One"

Originally Posted by flyerCO
+1. Also if accidentally switch to regular mode, it's impossible on my phone to switch back w/o deleting all my cookies.
i.e. you use the dropdown menu to switch back and it doesn't "stick"? I think I remember other reports to that effect in the FT support thread, and have had issues from time to time after new site versions are rolled out, but FWIW haven't experienced that issue myself in quite a while (Dolphin browser on Android)
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There's a dropdown at the bottom of the full site interface:

Attachment 39796

pick "Mobile One"

i.e. you use the dropdown menu to switch back and it doesn't "stick"? I think I remember other reports to that effect in the FT support thread, and have had issues from time to time after new site versions are rolled out, but FWIW haven't experienced that issue myself in quite a while (Dolphin browser on Android)
Yes. I've even gone in and switched my default view to Mobile and it won't stick that way.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
No Macallan on my PDX-NRT flight. It's going to be a long 10 hours.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
people who post in the upgrade success thread without giving any details (route, medallion level, fare class, day of week/time, etc) at all.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:22 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
People who think that people boarding in the wrong zone is the biggest threat to human rights in the world right now but have literally never been bothered by elites boarding with too many carry-ons.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:29 pm
HMO

The announcements in several sequencial pieces, turning the PA on & off several times, specially in int'l flights, mid flight. It annoys me, because it cuts my movie several times.

Is so difficult to be prepared to spell everything at once?!?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
People reclining when it's meal service. Pigs I call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.