Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by ND76
This is known as the "Lourdes effect" (get on crippled and get off cured).
Originally Posted by horseymike
have to agree , some people have no shame. they jump in a wheel chair to get on the plane early, when the plane lands, they look like Bob Hayes running the 100 yard dash getting offf the plane.
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Had one of those just a week or two ago. Preboarded, loaded all his crap in the OH. First one off the plane...
This is really a huge peeve with me - it really, really, p----s me off.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by WWads
As is DL not having a drinkable Scotch. AA is getting Glenlivet. Time to step it up DL!
+1. It was a dark day when the Glenlivet disappeared several years ago.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
When you're using the AVOD system and suddenly you're almost blasted out of your seat by an announcement from the flight deck or an FA.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
I see these people getting DOUBLE vodka and whatevers on 7AM flights! Yikes!!!
I must confess I do not drink before midday generally. Exception would be champagne xmas morning at my mothers or similar.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
1) tiny screw tops on woodford bottles
2) "that guy" standing bolt upright in the sky priority lane 30 minutes early that HAS to be first onboard
3) pre-boarding
4) the crushing disappointment of the person before you taking the last one item X from the snack basket leaving you with your second or 3rd choice
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I must confess I do not drink before midday generally. Exception would be champagne xmas morning at my mothers or similar.
Mimosa's don't count ^
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Mimosa's don't count ^
100% agree ^

I'd also argue that coffee with baileys shouldn't count either.

I hate not liking tomato juice as it rules out Bloody Mary's the ultimate in early AM drinking in terms of public acceptance.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:51 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by nikitta28
2) "that guy" standing bolt upright in the sky priority lane 30 minutes early that HAS to be first onboard
3) pre-boarding
Not to single you out here, but I've never understood why either of these bother people.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: delta dm
When the person behind you in 5A is talking so loud that you can hear them even when you have your earphones on and volume on high. I dont think your life is so important that you have to scream about it. Just shut up already. Rant over. Back to regularly not so angry complaints.

Last edited by dzflyer; Jul 8, 2016 at 9:31 am
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
When you're using the AVOD system and suddenly you're almost blasted out of your seat by an announcement from the flight deck or an FA.
My personal pet peave...

When you're watching a movie on the AVOD, have 5mins left, and it shuts off and cuts to ads soon as you land...

And then you have 40minute taxi to the gate :-(((
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
When the person behind you in 5A is talking so loud that you can hear them even when you have your earphones on and volume on high. I dont think your life is so important that you have to scream about. Just shut up already. Rant over. Back to regularly not so angry complaints.
Even worse when the people talking loud are FAs in the galley. I've discovered that the Bose headphones don't tune them out.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:34 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Currently, sitting on a DL CR9, in 4C, using the free T-Mobile wifi, hoping NOT to wake up my neighbor, whilst enjoying chewing the ice in my non-alcoholic Coke Zero!

Life is good!

Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by appleguru
My personal pet peave...

When you're watching a movie on the AVOD, have 5mins left, and it shuts off and cuts to ads soon as you land...

And then you have 40minute taxi to the gate :-(((
Or when the FAs, when making an announcement that stops the AVOD, makes the announcement slowly, and in fits and starts, but while keeping the control on so that you can't use the AVOD the entire time. I've had things that could be announced in a few minutes taken multiples of that.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Or when the FAs, when making an announcement that stops the AVOD, makes the announcement slowly, and in fits and starts, but while keeping the control on so that you can't use the AVOD the entire time. I've had things that could be announced in a few minutes taken multiples of that.
Or when its a international flight and it is done in multiple languages lengthening the time without AVOD.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:30 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I'd rather them keep the mic open than have the movie start and stop and start and stop multiple times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.