Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
SLC-JFK and my PDB was served in a white styraphoam cup and not the usual plastic Delta cup.
<curmudgeon alert>
really creative phonetic spelling ... clever, unmistakable, but irritating as h#!!
</alert>
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Speaking of spelling, but not Delta related.....

Whilst in Sheffield UK the other day, I got a text message from a friend in PIT asking me if I could get him a deal on tires.....

When I replied using speech-to-text, I got "TYRES"!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jrl767
<curmudgeon alert>
really creative phonetic spelling ... clever, unmistakable, but irritating as h#!!
</alert>
LOL my bad! 😂
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by davetravels
Currently on DL85 CDG/ATL in Delta One, which is a 3:35PM departure arriving ATL around 7PM. . . .

The monitor at my seat said........

Good MORNING!

If THAT isn't a random, pathetic complaint, I don't know of what is!

Think of it as the flip side of the song that says it's always five o'clock happy hour somewhere.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:45 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
I recently booked a business class trip transpac and at checkout it asked if I wanted to upgrade to comfort+...maybe a bug, was was annoying. I should have taken a screen shot for a meme on how Delta One isn't comfortable enough, they need to offer me a + option.

Regarding the comments about wheel chairs: I got annoyed at the arrogance of those who posted those comments. Being in business you wouldn't see that they are the LAST ones off the plane. Travel with someone who is in a wheel chair sometime and you will see how it goes when everyone else is off the plane. Same with the people with really small kids. I get it, when I pay for business I want to be on first, as it is part of the premium I am paying, but not all planes have 2 gates...and I would rather be walking onto a plane than rolled onto a plane. I can wait when I need to.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy
Pork belly sliders... Try them.
Thank you! They were amazing. And left room for a seaweed salad and a kamikaze roll!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Margarita with no booze. FA thought "they came premixed".
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:21 pm

Angry

That seat recline button is so hard.... to press, I have been sitting upright in flight all year!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Here'za new one.......

Currently on a late model CR9 flying JFK-ORD. FA announces on the PA:

We have a bathroom in the front, if anyone wants to come up here!

Heavens to Betsy!

It was a race to the front! You'd'a thought there was something different / better in the F lav!

Remember the classic Seinfeld episode, with the F lav smelling like Gardenias, and Elaine in the Y lav.... well.....

Just a side rant, that I missed a $600 VDB by 1, because I didn't think to check and see if the flight was overbooked, because as of yesterday, it was WIDE open! I guess all of the weather IROPS changed that!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by davetravels

Just a side rant, that I missed a $600 VDB by 1, because I didn't think to check and see if the flight was overbooked, because as of yesterday, it was WIDE open! I guess all of the weather IROPS changed that!
I can't believe YOU missed a VDB like that!! That is one reason I always check 1-2 hour from departure and often even if it is not close to oversold I ask anyway. That just seems to make most GAs day. Did pick up one that way, asked when they got there, was told not oversold, 15 minutes later they approach me to see if I was still interested.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Paplover
I can't believe YOU missed a VDB like that!! That is one reason I always check 1-2 hour from departure and often even if it is not close to oversold I ask anyway. That just seems to make most GAs day. Did pick up one that way, asked when they got there, was told not oversold, 15 minutes later they approach me to see if I was still interested.
Originally Posted by Paplover
Well, where do I begin.......

Last nite was hellish for sleep. I was waiting for a DL flight from DTW to take off to tell my employee when to leave for the airport, but, every 10 minutes, it was delayed another 10 or 30 minutes til it finally took off around 2AM. Had to salt the walk / steps at 4AM so employees wouldn't kill themselves. Had to get up again at 5:15 to make sure 1 employee didn't sleep in. Then, got a DL app alert that my flight was delayed an hour, then another half hour. Still hadn't packed my bag yet.... I was BEAT!

THEN, I get off the plane at JFK T4, and I didn't comprehend right away that gate C70 WASN'T IN T4! I haven't been in T2 in a few years! So, I finally only hava few minutes to scarf down a quick snack at the T2 SkyClub, and I suddenly thought to check, and saw my flight was F0 Y0. I ran to the gate. She already had 4 vols, but needed 5 - but there was 1 no show.

If I had skipped 15 minutes at the SC, I might've gotten it!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
OK, you get a pass on that one. You had a day I would not want to have to endure, my condolences.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Why does DL run 30 second clips for themselves on every flight prior to a movie or TV show, I mean whats the point? Why do you need to show ads for yourself, I've already paid to fly with you; thats the best ad you can get -my experience on board and word of mouth. Case in point: If you're going to make me watch an ad prior to a movie make it one worth my time, like an actual ad. At least IK that's going to save me a buck on my ticket where a regular DL ad does nothing but take 30 seconds of my time away.

Oh, and you've gutted C+ enough; Perhaps ditch ads in the premium cabins -I mean really.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Why does DL run 30 second clips for themselves on every flight prior to a movie or TV show, I mean whats the point? Why do you need to show ads for yourself, I've already paid to fly with you; thats the best ad you can get -my experience on board and word of mouth. Case in point: If you're going to make me watch an ad prior to a movie make it one worth my time, like an actual ad. At least IK that's going to save me a buck on my ticket where a regular DL ad does nothing but take 30 seconds of my time away.

Oh, and you've gutted C+ enough; Perhaps ditch ads in the premium cabins -I mean really.
Agreed they're annoying. My guess is that most of the people flying have booked through Expedia or some such service and therefore have no real brand allegiance to DL. It's entirely based on cost. They want to create a brand affiliation.

As far as why they're not eliminated in the premium cabin specifically, my guess would be it's not worth the amount of technical work it would take to have them removed just for one cabin.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM

At least they don't blast ads to the entire plane over the PA right after take off, as they used to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.