Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I've had a similar experience in D1......LAX-JFK (referring to the skipping/forgetting)
Not uncommon at all in D1, see it more than one should on TATL flights.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Unannounced seat change from 2B to 1B DEN-MSP tomorrow.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Kurt
Unannounced seat change from 2B to 1B DEN-MSP tomorrow.
I've never actually experienced it, but that sounds like a FAM
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by appleguru
This same FA skipped me during meal ordering, forgot to bring me silverware, skipped me during drink ordering... was like I was a second class citizen in D1 :-(
I'd love to know how much that cost your girlfriend.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:38 pm

The IFE gets turned on 17 minutes after takeoff on a 50-minute flight. I thought FAs were supposed to turn the IFE on during boarding.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Widgets
The IFE gets turned on 17 minutes after takeoff on a 50-minute flight. I thought FAs were supposed to turn the IFE on during boarding.
I find that they turn it on when they get around to it. Sometimes it's not even on until after 10,000 feet. But they will turn it on during boarding upon request.

I'm not sure how many years ago, but DL put out some PR release that said that "soon" they would be turning it (IFE) on as soon as boarding started. Given that at places like JFK it can be 90+ minutes between boarding and take off, I would appreciate that. I have wondered what ever happened to that initiative...

Last edited by TrojanTraveler; Nov 28, 2016 at 12:02 pm Reason: inability to properly multi-task
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by wandering_nomad
I often have 3 items if I do some duty-free shopping or buy food for a long haul. Never been called out (unless I'm flying a disaster of a budget airline). I hope the GA doesn't follow through on her threats of going after the FA.
Food purchased past security is specifically exempted:

Additional Approved Items

The following items do not count as personal items (they’re freebies):
  • A jacket or umbrella
  • Food or drink purchased after clearing the security checkpoint
  • Duty-free merchandise
  • Special items like strollers, child restraint seats or assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches

I got called out once for having an umbrella and a pillow. I thought that pillows were exempt, but (as often is the case) I wuz wrong.

David
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
staticy headphones on a longgg tpac flight...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I got called out once for having an umbrella and a pillow. I thought that pillows were exempt, but (as often is the case) I wuz wrong.

David
I got called out once for having my laptop case, a paperback book (which I had taken out of my laptop case in the gate area, so that I would not be blocking anyone while I fished it out at my seat), and a bottle of Sprite.

The Gate Agent actually held up the line while I unzipped the top of the case and wedged the book and bottle partway into the opening - long enough to scan my boarding pass and take one step past her...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I got called out once for having my laptop case, a paperback book (which I had taken out of my laptop case in the gate area, so that I would not be blocking anyone while I fished it out at my seat), and a bottle of Sprite.

The Gate Agent actually held up the line while I unzipped the top of the case and wedged the book and bottle partway into the opening - long enough to scan my boarding pass and take one step past her...
Wait, your boarding pass is out - that counts as a personal item!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
A coupl'a years ago, I boarded a CR2 with a backpack on. The GA very generously gave me the only 2 seats together (the very last row), so I wouldn't have to gate check a bag. She also put a pink tag on the backpack, just in case it wouldn't fit . . . . So . . . .

I stepped onto the plane, and the FA saw the pink tag, and said - in an EXTREMELY sassy tone - - You hafto CHECK that bag!

I VERY nicely replied that the GA changed my seat and gave me a row with an open seat next to me to store my bag.

She replied - even SASSIER - - - -IF IT HAS A PINK TAG, YOU HAFTO CHECK IT!!!

So, I backed up into the jetway, took off the pink tag, and boarded again! She didn't say a word!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
and this is in the Hall of Rants thread why?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
and this is in the Hall of Rants thread why?
Are you pink-tagging Dave's post?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no, he would just tear off the tag and go on his merry way
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The shower stall at the SFO Sky Club doesn't have a shelf or caddy to hold the shampoo/body wash; I had to put the mini-bottles on the edge of the folded-up handicapped seat and tip them against the wall to keep them within easy reach. Also one wall is covered with a shiny black tile, and the reflection shows my flabby middle-aged body instead of the 10-20 pounds lighter I'd like to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.