Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ACCDraw
Platinum in 2016 down to Silver in 2017.

At least they're both in the cool color spectrum.
Especially with the new DL app updates. Caught a glance of the BP section of a GM waiting to board and the "gold" color they picked for the background looks like a twice-cooked pile of vomit.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Air Force One caused me to to get my PDB!

edited because title part should say 'NOT TO'

Landed at RDU just as we were about to begin boarding.

Boarding couldn't start until POTUS was off the plane and gone.

Last edited by TommyD2; Nov 2, 2016 at 2:05 pm Reason: I has the dumb
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
run-on (and on, and on, and ...) sentences
(see last sentence -- 69 words -- of this post in the DYKWIA thread ... with seven -- count 'em, 7 -- instances of the word "and")
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by TommyD2

Definitely not a good way to win votes POTUS always decides to arrive/depart during rush hour where I live, which is really rude, since they have to shut down the interstate, which is at a snail's pace anyway.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat
The walkway to the Hertz Gold area was under construction today at ATL. I had to take the escalator down another level, cross over and then go BACK UP to the Gold area!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
The terminal in ATL is way too dark, I feel almost claustrophobic in it.

Also, having a fear of escalators doesn't help :/..
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:14 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My AF flight today (DL coded) from TXL/CDG was downguaged from an A320 to an A319.

Granted, that this makes absolutely NO DIFFERENCE when you're seated in row 1...... therefore......

It's the most random and pathetic thing I can complain about at the moment.

Now, the thinly sliced potatoes I'm currently eating on DL85 CDG/ATL in J that are like dried up cardboard. That's NOT pathetic!

Last edited by davetravels; Nov 9, 2016 at 10:20 am
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Had my first Shuttle America flight a few weeks ago (had never heard of them prior) IND-LGA.

FA did a PDB and then before the door even closed made a 2 minute countdown that drinks would be confiscated.
Sure enough at the 2 minute mark (and the door still not being closed) she picked up all the drinks.

SOP on Shuttle America?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by apodo77
Had my first Shuttle America flight a few weeks ago (had never heard of them prior) IND-LGA.

FA did a PDB and then before the door even closed made a 2 minute countdown that drinks would be confiscated.
Sure enough at the 2 minute mark (and the door still not being closed) she picked up all the drinks.

SOP on Shuttle America?
Not from my experience.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by United747
Not from my experience.
Same... Most will take them during taxi, but some FAs will even let me keep my PDB through takeoff (usually with a warning to make sure I hold on to it!)
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TommyD2

Why wouldn't they let you board? Been at airports when POTUS flies. Ground movement is stopped, but that doesn't mean they can't continue to board.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why wouldn't they let you board? Been at airports when POTUS flies. Ground movement is stopped, but that doesn't mean they can't continue to board.
May or may not be the case here, but I've been in ATL when POTUS was departing and they delayed boarding. GA specifically said they weren't boarding because APU was off, so the cabin was hot and they didn't want us sitting in there just waiting around for AF1 to leave and ground ops to spin back up.

Having spent my fair share of time in stifling airplane cabins during the summer, I rather appreciated the forethought.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not sure why exactly, but that is what the GAs said - no boarding until Prez is off the plane and off airport property.

I'm guessing they may have continued to board if we had started prior to AF1 landing.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Multiple pathetic complaints

Multiple complaints- all pathetic

1) I didn't like any of the music in the creepy tunnel this week. It really decreased the experience.
2) No mac-n-cheese in DTW main A lounge last night.
3) RSW flight last night F sold out in advance forcing an EC seat.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by nikitta28
Multiple complaints- all pathetic

1) I didn't like any of the music in the creepy tunnel this week. It really decreased the experience.
I haven't been out to the B gates in a year or so, but does it really ever change? maybe you've just been having a bad week ...
Originally Posted by nikitta28
2) No mac-n-cheese in DTW main A lounge last night.
3) RSW flight last night F sold out in advance forcing an EC seat.
#FirstWorldProblems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.