Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Coincidentally, I don't! And I was too lazy to figure out the keyboard shortcut for the cedila mark.

So, there you have it....
Complacent
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
When did "Delayed" become "Behind Schedule"? This is like "pre-owned" for cars

Name:  Screenshot_20170108-215851~2.png
Views: 681
Size:  20.2 KB
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Even the green font is subtle spin. Should be orange!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
missing some context here: green "delayed" could mean "departing up to 15 min late (statistically 'on time') but still expected to arrive on schedule"; orange "behind schedule" could indicate on-time arrival (and connections) may be in jeopardy
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
missing some context here: green "delayed" could mean "departing up to 15 min late (statistically 'on time') but still expected to arrive on schedule"; orange "behind schedule" could indicate on-time arrival (and connections) may be in jeopardy
That's a good thought, if they were going to make that distinction. And indeed, we departed 30 mins late but arrived 10 mins early. Yet at the time I took the above screenshot the app and web site were both offering me rebooking options.

That could just be good customer service, "We think you'll make your connections but you can find alternates for free if you really want" but based on other experiences with DL IT, I doubt it's so fine grained
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
SEA-ATL-DCA yesterday: when I SDCd to these flights the only F option was a 3+35 layover (which was fine); checked the app as we were taxiing in to B1 (120pm EST) and saw they were selling F on the 305 flight (which was delayed to 348pm and of course showing orange) ... called immediately, got a 15-to-20-min hold time, but made it to the "Need Help" desk by B10 before anyone picked up ... the agent apparently didn't understand the F SDC rules because she said she could get me on the flight but couldn't move me ahead of the 47 people on the list for F

I thanked her, took the "First Class Standby" Seat Request BP, and headed for T6 ... en route I got a Delta Messenger email that left me really perplexed (screen shot below)

picked up a nearby "Need Help" phone ... an agent answered immediately, but it took her 15 min plus the assistance of another agent and a supervisor before she got back on the line to say she wasn't going to charge me $100 for the change, but that I was indeed confirmed on the delayed 305pm flight

saw the confirmation when I refreshed the app, but couldn't change my seat or generate a new BP; luckily the nearby "Need Help" kiosk was working properly so I moved from 1C to 5A
Attached Images  
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Moderators instantly shut a thread with a question about a diverted flight as soon as someone says "it was mechanical" but let the 787 thread continue even though there is zero factual content there, it's all just people making stuff up and calling each other stupid.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Moderators instantly shut a thread with a question about a diverted flight as soon as someone says "it was mechanical" but let the 787 thread continue even though there is zero factual content there, it's all just people making stuff up and calling each other stupid.
I'm shocked that thread is still open.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
it was a resurrection of a thread from 15 months ago ... just coincidence that it was the same flight number operating the same route
Originally Posted by WWads
I'm shocked that thread is still open.
​​​​​​​ditto
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:09 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
it was a resurrection of a thread from 15 months ago ... just coincidence that it was the same flight number operating the same route
I noticed that, but don't see why that really matters in a decision to lock the thread or not.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect the mods are apparently trying to discourage revisiting "asked and answered" subject matter
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

yet somehow there are 19 threads asking about rollover miles, none of which are locked
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"trying" =/= "achieving"
:/
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rhapsody In Blue was playing in the JFK SC. Reminded me of UA.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TomMM
Rhapsody In Blue was playing in the JFK SC. Reminded me of UA.
One of my favorite songs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.