Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Based in ATL, I don't have as much of a chance of getting the "Porsche transfer".
There've been reports of Porsche ride on arrival:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post18093920

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20049920

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post24728160
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
But I want mine! Mine, mine, mine!

(hoping that sounded whiney enough)
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
I always wonder why the pool's so sticky...
Be sure to wear yer flip flops!

Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
(irks is too strong of a word but can't think of anything else to use right now): It irks me that the app can show you the inbound aircraft but delta.com can't.

ETA: My typos irk me more.

Last edited by ty97; Jul 11, 2016 at 6:28 pm Reason: typos. always typos.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ty97
(irks is too strong of a word but can't think of anything else to use right now): It irks me that the app can show you in the inbound aircraft by delta.com can't.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Adding my vote that zone boarding sucks no matter how much lipstick you put on it. We once had 1-9, then 1-6, then 1-4, now we have PREM, SKY, and 1-3.

Just board from the rear of the aircraft forward, geniuses.

Also, what the hell is wrong with Delta that seats 22A and F on the new 757s are Premium Seats...with no window?

e- Oh yeah, I just got half the former amount of miles I'd get on a CMH-DAB round trip. Glad I don't get gipped more often than I already do with SkyMiles because I rarely leave the Eastern Time Zone.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ty97
(irks is too strong of a word but can't think of anything else to use right now): It irks me that the app can show you the inbound aircraft but delta.com can't.

ETA: My typos irk me more.
+1 to Zorak for "vexes" ... how about a few more
  • peeves
  • p***es
  • irritates
  • ruffles (well, maybe not lol)
  • riles
  • gnaws at
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jrl767
  • gnaws at
Nah, someones gonna take that the wrong way. Ah crap...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by tvnwz
I hate when I can't find an FO to carry my bag onto the plane. Unacceptable.
I hate the looks I get, from Diamonds, when I'm in paid first, as a FO, and they have to walk past me to coach!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by JSprague24
Adding my vote that zone boarding sucks no matter how much lipstick you put on it. We once had 1-9, then 1-6, then 1-4, now we have PREM, SKY, and 1-3.

Just board from the rear of the aircraft forward, geniuses.
This is never going to happen, neither is the "windows first, then middle seats, then aisles" plan, or any of that stuff, people should just stop complaining about it. The goal delta has in designing the boarding process isn't "to get the plane boarded as quickly as possible". It's "make elites happy" and what elites want is to board early, regardless of where they are sitting, so they can get overhead space and not have to worry about Joe Tourist Kettle (the most despised creature on the face of the planet, from reading these forums) taking up the elites' god-given right to the bins above row 7.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:18 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dzflyer
And the Lav has a sweet swim up bar after somebody misses the toilet completely.
Post of the year. People are looking at me weird
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
on the 36J 763, 6A is a non-window "window" seat because that's where the ECS (Environmental Control System -- aka air conditioning) riser duct is, but 7A is the crew rest seat ... c'mon Delta, why not let pax who like window seats actually have a window ... a sleeping pilot certainly shouldn't care whether there's a window or a solid panel
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
on the 36J 763, 6A is a non-window "window" seat because that's where the ECS (Environmental Control System -- aka air conditioning) riser duct is, but 7A is the crew rest seat ... c'mon Delta, why not let pax who like window seats actually have a window ... a sleeping pilot certainly shouldn't care whether there's a window or a solid panel
That doesn't sound pathetic to me. It sounds like common sense!

Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:21 pm

Just happened. . . .

At the gate, PDB's just finished. Door closed. The first F FA takes the coffee pot into the lav. Next thing you hear. . . .

WHHOOOOOSH!

Does it seem a bit tacky to pour the coffee into the toilet, or is it me?

I dunno, potential backslash, etc.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Just happened. . . .

At the gate, PDB's just finished. Door closed. The first F FA takes the coffee pot into the lav. Next thing you hear. . . .

WHHOOOOOSH!

Does it seem a bit tacky to pour the coffee into the toilet, or is it me?

I dunno, potential backslash, etc.

That is a common sight on RJs. I assume they don't have a sink in the galley. Realistically, probably not a big deal, but still gross. Part of the reason that if I need caffeine on the airplane, I opt for a rum and coke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.