Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by ACCDraw
I have memorized the magic words and if I see that super special Kryptonium Tag, will repeat it. If you are not able to part with your spare, I will ask if I
can photograph it & post it on FT Kryptonium thread. Every flight is a Kryptonium Medallion trophy hunt.

OK. Back on topic. I whine every trip there are no Kryptoniums on board.
How on earth do these planes fly?
I am also awaiting a KM tag - only seen one in the wild - dachief on the DTW-ICN actually at ICN airport with his wife. I admired and spoke to him about his KM tag. I want one. Whine whine
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
Wait. What's the magic phrase?
The magic phrase is found within the Kryptonium thread.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by EditingFX
You don't send the FA back to find an unbroken pair? Wow. I bet you eat your soup with a cold spoon as well.

Send her back for unbroken cookies? My feeling is that they don't exist, but it doesn't seem fair. Sort of like looking for a unicorn eating a four leaf clover.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
#tongueincheek thread
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: Skyteam
How dare you pick me up in that tiny Porche!?! I prefer the roomier Cadillac Escalade!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:20 pm

I honestly have no idea if what I witnessed on my DELTA flight today was a problem or not and I do not want any compensation for it, I was curious what you all think before I write in or if I receive a survey mention it there.

I flew in F today and the crew was super young and actually did a good job, no complaints there, but it was towards the end of the flight, the Captain indicated that we were on final and the flight attendant motioned to 2C and had 2C make the announcement about starting our final approach, tray tables up, arm rests lowered, etc.

Is that allowed, it seemed unprofessional and I personally have never witnessed anybody other than the Flight Attendant make the announcements, but I am not the frequent flier that you all area.

My seatmate was concerned enough about it to ask me, I honestly did not know what to say, but evidently by my post we landed safely and no bad came to us (not that I expected it to).

I guess my question is, is this something worth complaining about, is it serious? I honestly have no idea, but it did not seem professional by any means.

My gut says I am probably overacting but I am curious as to what more seasoned travelers think.

Thanks for any input.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kmersh
I honestly have no idea if what I witnessed on my DELTA flight today was a problem or not and I do not want any compensation for it, I was curious what you all think before I write in or if I receive a survey mention it there.

I flew in F today and the crew was super young and actually did a good job, no complaints there, but it was towards the end of the flight, the Captain indicated that we were on final and the flight attendant motioned to 2C and had 2C make the announcement about starting our final approach, tray tables up, arm rests lowered, etc.

Is that allowed, it seemed unprofessional and I personally have never witnessed anybody other than the Flight Attendant make the announcements, but I am not the frequent flier that you all area.

My seatmate was concerned enough about it to ask me, I honestly did not know what to say, but evidently by my post we landed safely and no bad came to us (not that I expected it to).

I guess my question is, is this something worth complaining about, is it serious? I honestly have no idea, but it did not seem professional by any means.

My gut says I am probably overacting but I am curious as to what more seasoned travelers think.

Thanks for any input.
There's no requirement that they even make an announcement. There's no FAA rule that says only certificated personal can make overhead announcements. The only requirement is that they ensure that tray tables/seats are up and locked for landing, and the seat belts are buckled. Unless the person acted like a douche while making the PA this is much ado about nothing.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by skchin
How dare you pick me up in that tiny Porche!?! I prefer the roomier Cadillac Escalade!
Umm.. No. Tesla Model X or bust.

Originally Posted by EditingFX
#tongueincheek thread
My job is done . No but really, I'd like some class if don't say so myself mate. *when an American tries to act British*

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Jul 10, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Osmo
I also wish the gate agents would police the priority boarding lane and send people back.
Being sufficiently rude to zone jumpers is worth a JWD.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Good lord... the snack basket is the worst it has been in the better part of a decade.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Why have Westin Heavenly bedding, but no turndown service. Come on, Delta!
Also, why no walk up bar for Int'l or Transcon J?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Why have Westin Heavenly bedding, but no turndown service. Come on, Delta!
Also, why no walk up bar for Int'l or Transcon J?
There is a walk-up bar. It's called stopping by the galley on your way back from the lav. @:-)
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by gooselee
There is a walk-up bar. It's called stopping by the galley on your way back from the lav. @:-)
And the Lav has a sweet swim up bar after somebody misses the toilet completely.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dzflyer
And the Lav has a sweet swim up bar
I always wonder why the pool's so sticky... They must have a lot of chlorine in there
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Based in ATL, I don't have as much of a chance of getting the "Porsche transfer".

Solution: when it's not in use, the Panamera should ferry me from my "breakfast" coffee+Baileys in the F SC over to my "pre-flight" coffee+Baileys SC in whatever concourse I'm departing from.

And maybe have some unbroken Biscoff in a basket whilst in route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.