Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
When flying Delta One, but the stitching on the headrest says "Delta Business Elite". How am I supposed to feel? Am I elite, or 'the one'?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Situation
That is a common sight on RJs. I assume they don't have a sink in the galley. Realistically, probably not a big deal, but still gross.
It was a B717. Did AirTran hava need for sinks / drains. . . . . or even galleys?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by pvn
This is never going to happen, neither is the "windows first, then middle seats, then aisles" plan, or any of that stuff, people should just stop complaining about it. The goal delta has in designing the boarding process isn't "to get the plane boarded as quickly as possible". It's "make elites happy" and what elites want is to board early, regardless of where they are sitting, so they can get overhead space and not have to worry about Joe Tourist Kettle (the most despised creature on the face of the planet, from reading these forums) taking up the elites' god-given right to the bins above row 7.

Ha Ha. Delta doesn't care about their Medallion "elites". Look at what they've done to F upgrades, C+, Sky Pesos etc. It's all about business/bottom line - good for Delta... (Huh hmmmmmm). Delta has made it easier for the infrequent traveler to upgrade their experience. No disrespect to Kettles intended, as I'm in Delta free-fall.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:04 am
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I have got to agree with the anti-alcohol folks.

People getting in the Skyclub at 8-9am hanging around the bar or getting a drink early in the morning. What the heck is wrong with you people.

We get it, the drinks are free but it really isn't that big of a deal, I promise you.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
+1 on the alcohol. I'm truly amazed at the amount of drinks consumed by people in business attire before 8am. Surely they are going someplace to do business?

Just cause its free doesn't mean you have to do it. Over and over and over again.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Both my ATL-MSP and MSP-ATL flights had a person sitting in my nice aisle seat in D1 when I boarded. Both wanted me to switch to the window in the last row (5 on 739 and 5 on 753) so they could be with their SO.

I hate that so maybe it is a legitimate gripe.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by appleguru
I feel like I might be this guy... (Well, at least the ice cube thing... I love chewing ice cubes!)

I don't think I've ever done the envelope shredding thing on a plane, but I could totally see that being me and being completely oblivious... Sorry!!
Please stop chewing ice cubes or gum on planes. There's a pretty serious condition called misophonia that makes this sort of thing absolute torture for a small subsection of your fellow passengers; the less noise you can make onboard for a few hours, the better off everyone will be. ^
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
on the 36J 763, 6A is a non-window "window" seat because that's where the ECS (Environmental Control System -- aka air conditioning) riser duct is, but 7A is the crew rest seat ... c'mon Delta, why not let pax who like window seats actually have a window ... a sleeping pilot certainly shouldn't care whether there's a window or a solid panel
I assume the pilots negotiated for one of the odd numbered seats with the armrest separating them from the aisle so they are less likely to get bumped by passing passengers...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BenA
Please stop chewing ice cubes or gum on planes. There's a pretty serious condition called misophonia that makes this sort of thing absolute torture for a small subsection of your fellow passengers; the less noise you can make onboard for a few hours, the better off everyone will be. ^
Can't tell if you're joking. In case you're not...

What if someone is a nervous passenger and the only thing that calms them down is chewing ice or gum? Should I also avoid working on my laptop since the keys make a quiet clicking noise? Or turning pages in the book I'm reading?

Originally Posted by apodo77
Both my ATL-MSP and MSP-ATL flights had a person sitting in my nice aisle seat in D1 when I boarded. Both wanted me to switch to the window in the last row (5 on 739 and 5 on 753) so they could be with their SO.

I hate that so maybe it is a legitimate gripe.
And ding goes the call button while I block the aisle waiting for an FA to sort it out. If I get to my seat and the person next to me asks if I'm willing to switch with their companion, there's about a 90% chance I'll do it if it's reasonable (same cabin of service, aisle for aisle, etc. - I'll even do FC aisle for FC window on a short flight). If I get to my seat and they've already made the switch without asking, they'd better be giving me something that's clearly better (F/J for my coach, aisle for middle, etc.), otherwise I will be reclaiming my pre-selected seat.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:49 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by gooselee
And ding goes the call button while I block the aisle waiting for an FA to sort it out. If I get to my seat and the person next to me asks if I'm willing to switch with their companion, there's about a 90% chance I'll do it if it's reasonable (same cabin of service, aisle for aisle, etc. - I'll even do FC aisle for FC window on a short flight). If I get to my seat and they've already made the switch without asking, they'd better be giving me something that's clearly better (F/J for my coach, aisle for middle, etc.), otherwise I will be reclaiming my pre-selected seat.
It sounds like you already know how to sort it out, so why are you calling the FA and blocking the aisle?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by BenA
Not to be an A**hole, but I refuse! I enjoy it

If you truly have a medical condition that is be affected by listening to others chew ice cubes (!?), please alert the FA and they can make an announcement for the plane (like they do for people with peanut allergies). Or ya know, if you're sitting next to me, kindly ask me if I would mind not doing that. If you ask nicely, I'll happily stop.

If you don't ask, I can only assume it doesn't bother you and will carry on as I always have ;-)
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

People getting in the Skyclub at 8-9am hanging around the bar or getting a drink early in the morning. What the heck is wrong with you people.

We get it, the drinks are free but it really isn't that big of a deal, I promise you.
Originally Posted by lucycan
+1 on the alcohol. I'm truly amazed at the amount of drinks consumed by people in business attire before 8am. Surely they are going someplace to do business?

Just cause its free doesn't mean you have to do it. Over and over and over again.
Are those guests who indulge in alcohol in the morning somehow bothering you? Assuming he observes proper decorum, what difference does it make whether a guest drinks orange juice or a screwdriver? I'm truly curious.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
busybodies are always upset if they think someone else might be having fun
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

You must be a blast at parties.

Next time you see me with a beer or a screwdriver stop and say hello and I can show you the fun times your missing out on!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MS02113
Are those guests who indulge in alcohol in the morning somehow bothering you?
If you re-read the posts above, and, mine somewhere, nobody ever said anything about being bothered by drinkers - - just AMAZED at the amount of alcohol pounding I've seen at VERY early morning hours. Perhaps, some here come from families with more of a drinking culture than I - or, dare I say - have some other problem in life that they feel they need to get a buzz at 7AM. . . . . <edited to add> particularly on the way to business meetings

< Incoming flaming expected! >

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
You must be a blast at parties.
Again, no problem with drinkers. I love to drink beer at parties, bars, nite clubs, etc. I'll drink wine on TATL/TPAC flights to fall asleep fast. Just the early hour that people seem to NEEEEEED alcohol, really surprises me - and, obviously others.

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 13, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.