FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:10 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BenA
Please stop chewing ice cubes or gum on planes. There's a pretty serious condition called misophonia that makes this sort of thing absolute torture for a small subsection of your fellow passengers; the less noise you can make onboard for a few hours, the better off everyone will be. ^
Can't tell if you're joking. In case you're not...

What if someone is a nervous passenger and the only thing that calms them down is chewing ice or gum? Should I also avoid working on my laptop since the keys make a quiet clicking noise? Or turning pages in the book I'm reading?

Originally Posted by apodo77
Both my ATL-MSP and MSP-ATL flights had a person sitting in my nice aisle seat in D1 when I boarded. Both wanted me to switch to the window in the last row (5 on 739 and 5 on 753) so they could be with their SO.

I hate that so maybe it is a legitimate gripe.
And ding goes the call button while I block the aisle waiting for an FA to sort it out. If I get to my seat and the person next to me asks if I'm willing to switch with their companion, there's about a 90% chance I'll do it if it's reasonable (same cabin of service, aisle for aisle, etc. - I'll even do FC aisle for FC window on a short flight). If I get to my seat and they've already made the switch without asking, they'd better be giving me something that's clearly better (F/J for my coach, aisle for middle, etc.), otherwise I will be reclaiming my pre-selected seat.