Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
There'za SkyClub at MSY ?!?!?
Indeed. It's one of DL's larger outstations, with flights to every hub except CVG and SEA.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Recent random complaint: When the GA uses only the Sky Priority lane to board everyone.

How am I supposed to cut the gate lice without a dedicated lane to help me out?! :P
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
On a domestic flight in First and exiting the bathroom a FA was on the phone to what I guess was the cockpit.
Heard her say "I just want to make sure since I have been badly injured in turbulence before".

Seatbelt sign is off and don't recall anything I would classify as turbulence.

Maybe she was flirting with the flight crew and wants the flight to remain smooth. :-)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the new moving map display STILL doesn't show as-flown distance
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I don't think any rant can compare with Canadian Senator Nancy Ruth explaining that taxpayers should pay for her breakfast rather than expecting her to eat the "ice cold Camembert with broken crackers" served on a flight.

It's on youtube if you haven't seen it
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by ThompsonBr
Bananas where the stem is trimmed all the way off such that you mutilate the banana trying to peel it.
Yes I know I can open it from the bottom by giving it a little squeeze, but just leave to stem intact to I can eat the banana like a civilized person.
Civilized people do not eat bananas - especially in an enclosed space such as an airplane. The smell is likely to induce a Hulk-like rage in otherwise mild-mannered passengers
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I don't think any rant can compare with Canadian Senator Nancy Ruth explaining that taxpayers should pay for her breakfast rather than expecting her to eat the "ice cold Camembert with broken crackers" served on a flight.

It's on youtube if you haven't seen it
If you think thats bad google Nancy Pelosis 757 ride to the Vatican on the backs off the US taxpayers. It will blow your mind on how much was spent on that round trip.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Can people on ebay stop outbidding every delta sky club passes? There's no reason to end the bidding at $30. Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
If you think thats bad google Nancy Pelosis 757 ride to the Vatican on the backs off the US taxpayers. It will blow your mind on how much was spent on that round trip.
I'm not sure what you a referring to, but Nancy Pelosi only used a C-32 (757) for a single trip from DC to SF. The majority of her official trips were on C-20b (GIII) and C-37A (GIV) depending on availability, but she preferred a plane that could do it non-stop.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
I'm not sure what you a referring to, but Nancy Pelosi only used a C-32 (757) for a single trip from DC to SF. The majority of her official trips were on C-20b (GIII) and C-37A (GIV) depending on availability, but she preferred a plane that could do it non-stop.
I'm no Pelosi fan, but to be fair, the Speaker of the House is entitled to the use of military aircraft for official business, since they are quite high up in the order of presidential succession.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
In all fairness, I "DO" notice that, the lingo in the schpiel changes somewhat every now n' then.
However it doesn't change so often they don't know it by memory. If it was a once here or there thing I could understand. Also could understand if it was a new section added. However just about every flight I've been on recently has had this issue and it's like they just don't know how to process it without reading from the screen anymore.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:25 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However it doesn't change so often they don't know it by memory. If it was a once here or there thing I could understand. Also could understand if it was a new section added. However just about every flight I've been on recently has had this issue and it's like they just don't know how to process it without reading from the screen anymore.
Sorry if I disagree with you. I, too, have noticed more and more FAs reading the schpiel, and, I also have noticed that there are semi-frequent nuances in them.

Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:13 am

Im referring to the 101,000 dollar "in flight services" bill on the backs of the taxpayers. http://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosis-in-flight-food-and-drink-costs-101000-2010-1
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Im referring to the 101,000 dollar "in flight services" bill on the backs of the taxpayers. http://www.businessinsider.com/nancy...-101000-2010-1
This discussion is getting off topic from the thread. So on that note, I will say - $101,000 on inflight services over a 2 year period is for congressional delegation trips and covers a variety of expenses to operate, not just liquor and food on the plane. This is not unusual or a new precedent.

It's expensive to fly private (~$8,000+ hour to operate a Gulfstream) and very expense for government officials to travel internationally. At the end of the day there are clear examples of tax payer money being abused such as the GSA trip to Las Vegas.

--- I will not continue discussing this topic on this thread, PM me if you wish to continue ---
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:54 am

This discussion is getting off topic from the thread. So on that note, I will say - $101,000 on inflight services over a 2 year period is for congressional delegation trips and covers a variety of expenses to operate, not just liquor and food on the plane. This is not unusual or a new precedent.

It's expensive to fly private (~$8,000+ hour to operate a Gulfstream) and very expense for government officials to travel internationally. At the end of the day there are clear examples of tax payer money being abused such as the GSA trip to Las Vegas.

--- I will not continue discussing this topic on this thread, PM me if you wish to continue ---
I agree with what you are saying but my response is tongue and cheek to the person from Canada upthread whos senator wanted something on a commercial canadian flight. My point was if you think your politicians overspend you havent met ours yet regardless of party of person. Just giving an absurd example of how our politicians do it. And what a joke it is and a deficit it creates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.