Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dzflyer
The delta SC Amex top shelf alcohol promotion should be everyday. After a cosmo and some Gran Marnier it makes the flight much faster when you fall asleep at wheels up miss dinner service and next thing you know you are there.
Reserve card holders should get two free drinks year round. I don't really get the point of doing random free months here and there.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
After a cosmo and some Gran Marnier it makes the flight much faster when you fall asleep at wheels up miss dinner service and next thing you know you are there.
I call that suspended animation!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by WWads
Reserve card holders should get two free drinks year round. I don't really get the point of doing random free months here and there.
Brilliant, sir, brilliant!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Shouldn't the NON-drinkerz get sumthin'?!?!?

THERE! That's my least substantive complaint!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:04 pm

It's possible to fly and NOT drink? Amazing.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EditingFX
It's possible to fly and NOT drink? Amazing.
I alwayz wonder the REVERSE!

I see these people getting DOUBLE vodka and whatevers on 7AM flights! Yikes!!!

Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by davetravels

Dont judge until you have walked in my 7am Bloody Mary Shoes which will be happening tomorrow on my first leg to msp.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by tvtd
As long as you're not a wrecking ball I don't have an issue. Adjustment takes a couple of seconds. It might be your seat but it's my personal space.
+1

I don't mind when people recline, and I will also recline if I'm so inclined (get it?).

But when I do, usually on evening or early morning flights where I want to nap, I make a point of looking over my shoulder to make sure the person behind me doesn't have anything (including themselves) in the way, and then I ease my way back veeeeeerry slowly.

On the flip side, I actually broke a pair of headphones (and almost my face) one time because I was trying to plug them into the AVOD at the exact moment the person in front of me slammed back at 500 mph. Half surprised I didn't sprain a finger.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:37 pm

That's called client preparation.
SH115 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:01 pm

Dont judge until you have walked in my 7am Bloody Mary Shoes which will be happening tomorrow on my first leg to msp.
I always think of airports like international waters. Time is really relative especially at the big international hubs. While local time it might be 7AM, your body clock could easily think it's 10PM.

Or sometimes you just need a drink to avoid screaming at someone because to make a 7AM flight you very well might have had to be up before 4AM.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:52 pm

Also what happened to the hip boarding music when flying international...havent heard it for awhile
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84
I always think of airports like international waters. Time is really relative especially at the big international hubs. While local time it might be 7AM, your body clock could easily think it's 10PM.

Or sometimes you just need a drink to avoid screaming at someone because to make a 7AM flight you very well might have had to be up before 4AM.
I should bring a flask next time I have to catch the 0600 DCA-JFK flight, or God forbid, 0535 CVG-ATL...
(Since even the lounge employees aren't up yet).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
I should bring a flask next time I have to catch the 0600 DCA-JFK flight, or God forbid, 0535 CVG-ATL...
(Since even the lounge employees aren't up yet).
The look on dave travels face with somebody asking for a pdb of coke for their flask at 6am would be priceless. ^
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
The Sky Club really needs to provide free Tampax (or ANY Tampax--I rarely see vending machines that actually work) in the women's bathrooms!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
The look on dave travels face with somebody asking for a pdb of coke for their flask at 6am would be priceless. ^
I've ordered plenty of vodka and club soda on the 5:30 AM DAB/MCO-ATL flights. Half the time I get a dirty look but I don't care. I don't travel for business so I don't need to be too sharp upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.