Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by RoadGame;26875464[B
]I had this guy as a seatmate in F, 5 full cups of ice, coke would be gone in one gulp then 30 min of ice chewing per glass[/B].

Worse was a guy on a coast to coast that had thousands of sealed envelopes, would tear open each one, look at the contents for 2 sec. then tear it all up, all on an o-dark-thirty am flight with everyone trying to sleep. Lasted for four hours, he didn't have a clue.
it would be hard for me to not punch him in the throat...or put on my noise cancelling headphones.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Why do there only have to be 2 outlets/row in Y. What about those poor people in the middle seats. Jerks.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Cold nuts.

(they should be warmed for F dispersal)
This was going to be my submission.

So my new random minor thing to complain about is that you stole my response!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Why do there only have to be 2 outlets/row in Y. What about those poor people in the middle seats. Jerks.
Both outlets are *for* the middle seat.

That's the small consolation you get for being trapped between two huge sweaty guys - one next to the window with a bladder the size of a sunflower kernel... and one on the aisle who is guzzling Gin and Tonics between power naps, and apparently resorbing his urine - on a 4.5 hour transcontinental flight....
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Just checked his thread, so sad.

My hope is to just keep a little sense of humor in here independant from his own thread that can at least bring some laughs to the crazy things Delta has done perhaps in a different style and light in respect for him.

Back on topic however,

Why does delta need to have a premium zone and skypriority? If first class gets the skypriority experience, whats the point of having 2 separate zones? Just have platinums, golds, and silvers board in the "medallion zone". And perhaps, comfort+ in zone 1? Oh and another pet peeve of mine, why is it we just have a general boarding lane and a breeze way. Why cant we have a lane for each zone that merges at the podium? I mean how hard can it be, if WN can do it by row, I think we can have four lanes.
They basically do something similar at NRT. They group everyone into groups and have signs that are held up showing which group to join. Of course in general the Japanese are very efficient and don't like doing anything the delays anything. On my NRT-SIN flight on Tuesday the lead FA was upset because they began sending passengers down but she hadn't given her briefing. The agent got quite upset with her, the flight was already behind the scheduled boarding time by 15 minutes and would have been another 10 if she had her way. He told her that they would report her for failing to do her duties in a timely matter. Didn't go over well, but didn't stop her from providing great service.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by appleguru
I *hate* this. I usually force a fold through to fix it after an hour of it annoying me.
I have unclipped and reattached the belt to its anchor to fix this before. Drives me (cold) nuts.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by davetravels
How about . . . .

Boarding . . . .

And . . . .

Deplaning . . . .

ZERO wheelchairs!

This is known as the "Lourdes effect" (get on crippled and get off cured).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:54 am

Lourdes effect

have to agree , some people have no shame. they jump in a wheel chair to get on the plane early, when the plane lands, they look like Bob Hayes running the 100 yard dash getting offf the plane.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by horseymike
have to agree , some people have no shame. they jump in a wheel chair to get on the plane early, when the plane lands, they look like Bob Hayes running the 100 yard dash getting offf the plane.
Had one of those just a week or two ago. Preboarded, loaded all his crap in the OH. First one off the plane...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
People who load their Roll aboard in sideways on the 2 side of a 2/3 seating plane....
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
People who load their Roll aboard in sideways on the 2 side of a 2/3 seating plane....
+1000

Esp. when I'm behind them with my rollaboard that actually fits wheels out on the 2-side, and then I have to decide whether to ask them to move theirs across or just take up unnecessary space on the 3-side.

As a bonus, on most DL planes, and definitely the 3-side of the MDs I'm always on, I can fit my roller in wheels first/out, and then my briefcase in front of that. Yes, I'm putting both my items in the OHB, but I'm usually still taking up less bin space than one 22" roller that comes all the way out to the door (FAs will still stuff jackets/purses/etc. on top of my briefcase), and I have a more comfortable flight at the same time.

Come at me, OHB police!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Both outlets are *for* the middle seat.

That's the small consolation you get for being trapped between two huge sweaty guys - one next to the window with a bladder the size of a sunflower kernel... and one on the aisle who is guzzling Gin and Tonics between power naps, and apparently resorbing his urine - on a 4.5 hour transcontinental flight....
Hey, who are you calling a "huge sweaty guy"?

This reminded me of MSP-LAX flight last year. There was equipment swap at 24 hours prior to the departure, so I guess everyone was scrambling to get a decent seat back. At least I was. I ended up in a C+ window (instead of C+ aisle).

A guy in the middle C+ turned out to be a Diamond, who missed on the F upgrade. He told me he could not believe it happened to him. He even opened delta app to show me how many miles he had in his account. I actually could not believe that with all his flying he did not figure out that he needed to be proactive to get himself out of the middle seat by checking the seat map. But I digress.

The guy took both outlets. And he used Gogo WIFI to listen to the teleconference, which I think is against Gogo T&C. To his credit, when I asked at the end of the flight if I could use one outlet he apologized for taking both outlets. He actually was a pretty nice and likable guy (maybe lacking self-awareness a bit) and this is why he did not end up in the DYKWIA thread.
NZA777319ER likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I hate it when the F snack basket seems like it was just flown in from Antarctica. Frozen chocolate is no good.
Or, when the basket only has peanuts, pretzels and cookies and they are out of cookies.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough
... He actually was a pretty nice and likable guy (maybe lacking self-awareness a bit) and this is why he did not end up in the DYKWIA thread.
sounds more like excessive self-awareness, and lacking any perspective or awareness of others ...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: delta dm
When the galley runs out of woodford

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.