Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:29 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Is there a place to post random thingz that AREN'T pathetic???

Since we're chatting about the app . . . . .

On the Android app, when you're viewing a seat map, you used to be able to simply click on "Next Flight", or something like that, to get to the seat map for the next flight. I can't seem to figure out how to do that since the last app update. It seems that you hafto go "back", then scroll down to the next segment, then check the seat map for that particular flight. Then, go "back" again - - rinse, repeat . . . .

Did I miss something?!?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is there a place to post random thingz that AREN'T pathetic???

Since we're chatting about the app . . . . .

On the Android app, when you're viewing a seat map, you used to be able to simply click on "Next Flight", or something like that, to get to the seat map for the next flight. I can't seem to figure out how to do that since the last app update. It seems that you hafto go "back", then scroll down to the next segment, then check the seat map for that particular flight. Then, go "back" again - - rinse, repeat . . . .

Did I miss something?!?
Ooh! I just learned in another thread... Tap on the flight number and you'll get a menu of the rest of the segments in that PNR.

You probably won't be as excited at this news as I was.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
Ooh! I just learned in another thread... Tap on the flight number and you'll get a menu of the rest of the segments in that PNR.

You probably won't be as excited at this news as I was.
Well, that's UNBELIEVABLE!!! That's soooooo incredibly SIMPLE - - but - - how the heck (not the word I wanted to use ) is someone supposed to think to do THAT?!?!?

That actually DOES make it pathetic!
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, that's UNBELIEVABLE!!! That's soooooo incredibly SIMPLE - - but - - how the heck (not the word I wanted to use ) is someone supposed to think to do THAT?!?!?

That actually DOES make it pathetic!
Haha...exactly the same sentiment as the other thread. Some UX designer must have thought that would be intuitive, but it most certainly is not!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I find that they turn it on when they get around to it. Sometimes it's not even on until after 10,000 fee. But they will turn it on during boarding upon request.

I'm not sure how many years ago, but DL put out some PR release that said that "soon" they would be turning it (IFE) on as soon as boarding started. Given that at places like JFK it can be 90+ minutes between boarding and take off, I would appreciate that. I have wondered what ever happened to that initiative...

I don't ever use the IFE (I read and listen to my old iPod), but always see other people using it. I didn't realize it was so expensive. There must be a lot of people with a lot of disposable income on my flights
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
not only was the seatback IFE out for the entire left side of DTW-LAS nov 23, delta studio was also completely absent from gogo
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Why did they get rid of the logon on the main website landing page? Now I have to click to get to the logon page before I can logon. #wastedclicks
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They also drain out into the bathroom for some reason.
You are right. And as they recently have only been providing one towel (and so you can't put one down on the floor), the water tracks everywhere and it makes a mess no matter how careful you are.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by azeckel
Why did they get rid of the logon on the main website landing page? Now I have to click to get to the logon page before I can logon. #wastedclicks
bookmark the login page rather than the main page
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
I don't ever use the IFE (I read and listen to my old iPod), but always see other people using it. I didn't realize it was so expensive. There must be a lot of people with a lot of disposable income on my flights
But if it counts towards MQDs, then $15,000 should be easy to hit.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azeckel
Supposedly more secure that way.

New bookmark: https://www.delta.com/custlogin/loginPage.action
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
My flight last Saturday night was too smooth -- not enough turbulence.

In the close confines of an Embraer a woman was seated a few rows ahead of me holding an infant-in-arms that screamed and cried at the top of its lungs for most of the flight. So she got up and slowly paced the narrow aisle holding the crying baby right at everyone's ear level. As she lingered next to me I sympathized with her situation, but I also wished that the seat belt sign would come on so she would sit down. But there was nothing but clear smooth air. I was probably out-wished by the people around her seat who were glad to get a little relief while she was up and about.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This might belong in a different thread but I paid to upgrade ORD-LGA and picked seat 2A....just checked the App and somehow I was moved to 2D. I even have the confirmation I was in 2A...why would I get moved? Does this happen often?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This might belong in a different thread but I paid to upgrade ORD-LGA and picked seat 2A....just checked the App and somehow I was moved to 2D. I even have the confirmation I was in 2A...why would I get moved? Does this happen often?
happened to me very recently - I thought I went crazy but I called DL and they told me I was in fact moved from 1C to 1D and couldn't tell me why. I asked the guy (who was with his girlfriend) if he was an Air Marshall and laughed and said furthest thing from it.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
happened to me very recently - I thought I went crazy but I called DL and they told me I was in fact moved from 1C to 1D and couldn't tell me why. I asked the guy (who was with his girlfriend) if he was an Air Marshall and laughed and said furthest thing from it.
3 to the 6 to the zero

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.