Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pvn
People who intentionally board last but have a bigass rollaboard, and the gate agents who let them get away with it because they happen to be in F.

I was in 3A yesterday, a fellow late boarder was in 4C, I had to stand in the aisle and wait for her to try to stuff her roller in three different bins (757, so L2 boarding) AND to add insult to injury I actually HELPED her with the bag, what a totally RUDE and OFFENSIVE imposition upon me, am I right? She definitely 100% boarded last on purpose, she was hanging out in the gate area when I arrived at the gate around zone 2.

Obviously my total wait time was probably around 45 seconds, but given the bellyaching and time inflation we see here when people are subjected to delays at TSA I figure this is a completely legit gripe.
So you're annoyed that she was aware of the YBYL rule? She waited and got the upgrade, even though she had a lot of carry on stuff to put into the binsa.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So you're annoyed that she was aware of the YBYL rule? She waited and got the upgrade, even though she had a lot of carry on stuff to put into the binsa.
Don't see where YBYL came in. It might have, however all we know is she waited. Some like being last on.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It might have, however all we know is she waited. Some like being last on.
I like boarding last so I can tell the captain I'm ready to go whilst giving the cabin one of those regal from-the-wrist hand waves.

Oh, wait... I thought this was the DYKWIA thread...
DiverDave and scog like this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No, she already had an F seat (4C was not one listed as upgraded on the app).

Regardless, if you want to play YBYL or just like boarding last you should not use a roller. It's extremely presumptuous and rude. Check that stuff if you want to roll the dice.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
No, she already had an F seat (4C was not one listed as upgraded on the app).

Regardless, if you want to play YBYL or just like boarding last you should not use a roller. It's extremely presumptuous and rude. Check that stuff if you want to roll the dice.
What if she was connecting and was last to board due to when she landed?

Have had that happen several times. The GA almost always says “we will need to check your bag” until they realize I am in F and send me on my merry way.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by apodo77
What if she was connecting and was last to board due to when she landed?

Have had that happen several times. The GA almost always says “we will need to check your bag” until they realize I am in F and send me on my merry way.
As I already noted, that wasn't the case here. Regardless, the fact that you're in F shouldn't exempt you from needing to check your bag. If there's no room there's no room.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
As I already noted, that wasn't the case here. Regardless, the fact that you're in F shouldn't exempt you from needing to check your bag. If there's no room there's no room.
I rarely bring a substantial carry-on because I usually have long-term projects and just leave my bag at the hotel and send laundry out. But the few times I've had to board F late (usually due to a tight/late connection) and have had a roller, they've always managed to find room in the closet for it. And I've seen them do it for others. So I think they are going to rarely say there's no room for F bags and instead make room, but that's quite anecdotal.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EditingFX
I like boarding last so I can tell the captain I'm ready to go whilst giving the cabin one of those regal from-the-wrist hand waves.

Oh, wait... I thought this was the DYKWIA thread...
Reminds me. I posted story in DYKWIA thread about a "Double Diamond" that waited to board last and then demand OH space. Luckily he got punished.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
Am not sure if my complain falls in place here, but I am really so frustrated with the silly IT of the SM program.
- I've complained 10 years ago about the impossibility to remove the SM number after travel has begun and until today it is still the rule even for partner airlines that depends on the silly DL IT system (AF @ ATL).
- it is not possible to manually remove an activity in SM even if you want it to. Or is this not correct? (called and was told this is not possible).

Is there any solution to get either of the above done?

Cheers!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I have to be the clubhouse leader in having those with higher fares or status than me checking in 90 minutes or so before the flight (or SDC).
Going to be the first loser for the 4th flight in a row after being #1 on the list until T 2 hours and less.
Now 2 for 1.

Rant over and is what it is.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Why does the survey always aks about my VPS-ATL flight? It seems like they’re trying to pad statistics by asking about an uncrowded newer airport when I never have to wait more than 5 minutes at TSA and a generally uneventful flight that only lasts long enough for me to go through my lives on three Candy Crush games? And which is so bland I will have no memory of it 48 hours later? Why not ask about flights where the odds are better something they should know about happened
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Why does the survey always aks about my VPS-ATL flight? It seems like they’re trying to pad statistics by asking about an uncrowded newer airport when I never have to wait more than 5 minutes at TSA and a generally uneventful flight that only lasts long enough for me to go through my lives on three Candy Crush games? And which is so bland I will have no memory of it 48 hours later? Why not ask about flights where the odds are better something they should know about happened
you know, don't you, that you probably answered your own questions ...
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Originally Posted by jrl767
you know, don't you, that you probably answered your own questions ...
But the survey's are for internal use only. It's not like they're DOT mandated or reported to anyone.

Perhaps it's more of a random sample issue where DL sends emails where flying out of a smaller station you're more likely to get an email as you're one of a few hundred daily passengers vs one of tens of thousands of daily passengers from ATL (or other hub)
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's common in survey design to "oversample" small groups. For example, when they try to predict the outcome of Presidential elections, blacks and other minorities are significantly more likely to be asked than whites. Obviously, you need a higher fraction of responses from a smaller group to get the same absolute number of responses, but the concern is that a random draw of a small number of people from a small group is much more likely to be a very nonrepresentative sample.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:37 pm

Landing at ATL 40 minutes late and waiting on a gate.
Empty gates galore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.