Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

spell-check applications w incomplete databases, or feature editors who aren’t knowledgeable of the basics of the content

this is in the current issue of the inflight mag
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:39 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767

spell-check applications w incomplete databases, or feature editors who aren’t knowledgeable of the basics of the content

Is this another example of being pedantic???

Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
They probably meant Sodoku, which is form of rat-bite fever.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by tvtd

This. This. This.

I don’t mind being ‘that person’ but as I’m going to get some work done, but I do mind the stares I get. What, because I don’t have a suit on means I can’t be a responsible freelancer trying to get some work done on my way to a site?
All these years, I assumed that those stares were because these people had never flown before and did not realize they could get up.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is this another example of being pedantic???

in THIS thread?! you must be under the influence of something

I'll cop to "curmudgeonly" however ...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
in THIS thread?! you must be under the influence of something

I'll cop to "curmudgeonly" however ...
Y'er makin' me hafto check the dictionary again!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat
Second week with no newspapers in LGA for shuttle flights

This is now the second week where there have been no newspapers or magazines available for the shuttle flights our of LGA in the morning. It really screws up my morning routine!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TLVorbust
This is now the second week where there have been no newspapers or magazines available for the shuttle flights our of LGA in the morning. It really screws up my morning routine!
perhaps related to another cost-cutting move wrt eliminating newspapers
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:04 am

A friend is flying in to visit us today on a fam flight, and the rules said he'd have to be completely cleanshaven. So he shaved, and complained mildly about it to the captain who said that the rule is universally unenforced. I like him better scruffy, le sigh!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
This morning’s DTW connection was short. I had enough time to visit the SkyClub by A18. It had zero cookies and was out of Caffeinated coffee.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by tvtd
out of Caffeinated coffee.
hey, this thread is for pathetic complaints, not serious crimes.
FlyingJayhawk12 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
I once witnessed a near-riot at the JFK T4 SC when the espresso machine broke. It was 7AM.

It was fun walking by the mob with a coffee I had gotten from the working machine at the other end of the room.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by pvn
I'd think that, the crimes would be more likely to be committed by people who couldn't get coffee!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Originally Posted by WWads

I once witnessed a near-riot at the JFK T4 SC when the espresso machine broke. It was 7AM.

It was fun walking by the mob with a coffee I had gotten from the working machine at the other end of the room.
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'd think that, the crimes would be more likely to be committed by people who couldn't get coffee!
Thank you all for the sympathy. I also managed to leave my Shure 319s at home for this trip. Boo. But was cross graded to seat 10C on a 739 (the one with the closet next to the row instead of seats). I raided the snack basket semi-shamelessly in retribution.

I don’t like to stir my coffee so I had already prepped my to-go cup with creamer and Splenda. I wondered what the patron behind me though when I sighed in disgust and deposited the cup and contents into the garbage.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Out of curiosity, I clicked on the video link in the "Zorak, Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" email that I received from Delta. It reminded me of those children's books you can buy where they insert the name of your choice into the story. Bland generic video with travel "stats" like most visited airport, number of times in D1 and F (separately), and they somehow decided I took 22 "business" trips (99% of my travel is personal, and if I bother to answer the question, I answer that way), and in the "cities you visited using miles" they listed a city where I booked in 2017 for travel in 2018 and haven't actually flown yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.