Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
AC plugs are always super, super loose and my laptop power brick always falls out
I've seen it suggested that UK plugs/adapters are much better at staying seated in the socket.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've seen it suggested that UK plugs/adapters are much better at staying seated in the socket.
Yup - got one in my computer bag. Works well.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:47 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I use a 1-foot "figure-8" cord for my macbook brick, bend the prongs, and then suspend it in the air with a tether I clip to the seatback pocket.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:10 pm

Not specific to Delta, but why do families with kid gets to board first? It's your ....ing lifestyle choice to have a kid, and now you're more important than an elite? Total BS.

People with disabilities, old people, I can understand. Nobody chooses to be disabled or old. But you choose to have your kid, so shut the .... up and board with the rest of cattle class.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Not specific to Delta, but why do families with kid gets to board first? It's your ....ing lifestyle choice to have a kid, and now you're more important than an elite? Total BS.

People with disabilities, old people, I can understand. Nobody chooses to be disabled or old. But you choose to have your kid, so shut the .... up and board with the rest of cattle class.
thats why i prefer AAs boarding process. No families with kids getting special/pre boarding.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:19 pm

I think it is not supposed to be open to everyone who has successfully bred, but rather specifically to "passengers traveling with infants in carseats or strollers". I have to admit that I don't get the stroller part, but the carseat makes sense in that it is intended to let them get the seat settled and buckled in before they have to potentially displace a row of folks into the aisle while the wrestle with the seat, and further delaying the boarding process by blocking the aisle.

Not saying I agree, I just think that's the logic.
Saj8986 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pvn
AC plugs are always super, super loose and my laptop power brick always falls out
So true. If you have a Mac, the two pronged heavy white brick adapter doesn't stand a chance in those outlets. I started bringing the three prong extension cord and three prongs are successful for me every time. Recommend you get an ext cord or some kind of three prong lightweight plug where the weight of your brick neednt be held in by the outlet's own tension.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat

I very much appreciate the level to which you despise children. And the public in general. Makes me feel not so evil.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Flying back from LHR, my checked suitcase was somehow kept hot rather than cold. Chocolate bars in it melted.

Last edited by sethb; Apr 21, 2018 at 6:35 pm Reason: mentioned wrong airport
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks

Oh man, you were a kid once. Luckily your parents did not feel the same way.

I will soon be a DM with an infant in arms. Should I board before the DM's or with the DM's. Which one will make you more angry? Lol

Last edited by pgh234; Apr 20, 2018 at 8:22 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

lol
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sethb
Flying back from AMS, my checked suitcase was somehow kept hot rather than cold. Chocolate bars in it melted.
But, did yer tulip bulbs survive?!?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
Among other agricultural produce.

davetravels likes this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Apr 21, 2018 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by davetravels
Other than the first time, when I was bringing them back for a friend at her request, I've never actually cared.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Delta lying about call-back/hold times

My complaint today is DL lying (as in not even being close or in the ballpark) with its estimated hold/call-back times today. Called once. Automated system said ~10 minutes. I left phone on hold rather than call back. 30 min later still hadn’t gotten through to an agent. Thought maybe there was a glitch and that my call got misplaced in the system and so I hung up and called back. Automated system then says ~19 minutes to get through. 57 minutes after initiating the second phone call I still haven’t spoken to an agent.

Of course, if I could do stuff more easily online this would be a non issue......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.