Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:24 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
My complaint today is DL lying (as in not even being close or in the ballpark) with its estimated hold/call-back times today.
I'm sure there's some dude with a monocle and a cat at Delta's secret mountain HQ telling his minions to turn the knob on hold time estimates, throwing back his head and laughing.
papertec, gooselee and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm sure there's some dude with a monocle and a cat at Delta's secret mountain HQ telling his minions to turn the knob on hold time estimates, throwing back his head and laughing.
I legitimately think that they're lying about hold times to encourage people not to call. That would be fine, IF DL had usable online self-service tools.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Wait, why would lying about the hold time encourage people not to call?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Wait, why would lying about the hold time encourage people not to call?
Oh I was thinking in the other direction. Long estimated hold times when in reality there was little to no hold at all (that's happened before btw).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Not specific to Delta, but why do families with kid gets to board first? It's your ....ing lifestyle choice to have a kid, and now you're more important than an elite? Total BS.

People with disabilities, old people, I can understand. Nobody chooses to be disabled or old. But you choose to have your kid, so shut the .... up and board with the rest of cattle class.
I agree with this 100% and I have kids. Makes me crazy when they call for boarding for infants, those with strollers and/or carseats and people with kids older than mine start boarding. And they usually bring along their entire party of able bodied adults with them. Somehow one 12 year old kid boards along with 5 adults, on what planet do they require extra time and assistance in boarding?
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:27 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by defrosted
I agree with this 100% and I have kids. Makes me crazy when they call for boarding for infants, those with strollers and/or carseats and people with kids older than mine start boarding. And they usually bring along their entire party of able bodied adults with them. Somehow one 12 year old kid boards along with 5 adults, on what planet do they require extra time and assistance in boarding?
Try looking out the window instead of being nosy.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:34 am
pvn
Suspended

I have figured out that when someone describes a airline/hotel employee as "rude" that this means "the employee wouldn't break rules and/or give me an upgrade" about 90% of the time.
ChiefHyena likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Not specific to Delta, but why do families with kid gets to board first? It's your ....ing lifestyle choice to have a kid, and now you're more important than an elite? Total BS.

People with disabilities, old people, I can understand. Nobody chooses to be disabled or old. But you choose to have your kid, so shut the .... up and board with the rest of cattle class.

Because people with kids often take longer to board and get settled in, so throwing them in with the rest of boarding slows down the boarding process while they hold up everyone while trying to get their kids and themselves settled in to their seats. I do agree that too many families abuse this (and the airlines permit the abuse) but allowing families to board first is a decision to make things easier for the family and faster/smoother for the airlines as they can get settled in at a time when they aren’t holding up a line.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Because people with kids often take longer to board and get settled in, so throwing them in with the rest of boarding slows down the boarding process while they hold up everyone while trying to get their kids and themselves settled in to their seats. I do agree that too many families abuse this (and the airlines permit the abuse) but allowing families to board first is a decision to make things easier for the family and faster/smoother for the airlines as they can get settled in at a time when they aren’t holding up a line.
Yeah, but someone might think they're MORE IMPORTANT than diamonds, and that would be a crime against humanity.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
When I book a paid flight in the DL app, it used to note the Low Fare Guarantee above the search box, which naturally went away when toggling to an award booking. Now it just says, "Book Better. Fly Better." but still goes away with award booking. So I guess there's no booking better or flying better when miles are the currency?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
MCO-ATL in F tonight and all drinks were served in plastic cups in the air
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Picking up my in-laws from the airport tonight. Their LCC flight has been delayed all day, so from checking their flight status all day, when i type "fly" into the browser, it auto fills Frontier's website and not FT.
orca15 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:57 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Picking up my in-laws from the airport tonight. Their LCC flight has been delayed all day, so from checking their flight status all day, when i type "fly" into the browser, it auto fills Frontier's website and not FT.
I type "665" into my <Firefox> browser's address bar, so it auto-fills in the address for the Delta forum!
strickerj and JoelThomas like this.

Last edited by davetravels; Apr 27, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:12 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoelThomas
The fact that ft makes you use their awful mobile website instead of hooking up with tapatalk is a crime against humanity
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
MCO-ATL in F tonight and all drinks were served in plastic cups in the air
I actually like when they do that (I flow out of MCO on occasion if the price is right) as the flight is so short and you get to keep the cup all the way to landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.