Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Wink

Originally Posted by pvn
when someone misspells a word in a flyertalk post and some superbrane genious comes along to make a post for the sole and express purpose of correcting him.
I think that would be genius .

As for me: when the pre-check x-ray machines at LAX are way too sensitive and alert on not only you, but the two people before and after you all at once in an already cramped terminal 3 security line. Nothing I love more than getting attitude at 7 in the morning because I ate too much iron yesterday or something.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
When people massively overstate how long it takes them to get through security.

if you interviewed people coming out of a TSA security checkpoint about how long they were in line, I would bet you at least 75% would overestimate. probably 90%.
tentseller likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:35 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by manacit
As for me: when the pre-check x-ray machines at LAX are way too sensitive and alert on not only you, but the two people before and after you all at once in an already cramped terminal 3 security line. Nothing I love more than getting attitude at 7 in the morning because I ate too much iron yesterday or something.
Did you mean x-ray machine, or metal detector / magnetometer?

manacit likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
We definitely needed two new threads about Saturday schedule changes.
pvn likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
The coffee machine was broken on the CRJ-700 that flew me from YYZ to DTW this morning so no coffee for the entire 40 minute flight.

That's gotta be worth at least 5000-10000 Skymiles, right?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Croptop
The coffee machine was broken on the CRJ-700 that flew me from YYZ to DTW this morning so no coffee for the entire 40 minute flight.

A common problem at YYZ in the winter as the CRJ7/9's are kept overnight without a heated cabin.
I usually bring my travel thermos cup and load it up at SBUX near gate B16.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only for non-decalf.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Only for non-decalf.
I'm confused, is that with or without veal?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Getting stuck next to the twitchy probable meth-head today. As boarding was finishing, he started to shove his elbow into my ribs. When he twitched again and I moved to block my personal airspace with my elbow he got all huffy with me, and I'm like 'no more room over here; it's a small plane (CRJ-700) and we've all got to work with it'

Since it was a 100% full plane, I couldn't just ask to be reseated because the guy next to me was a weirdo, and it was 45 minutes in the air of the twitching, the scratching of his own groin and forearms, the wandering around the cabin while the seatbelt sign was on, the attempts to elbow into my seat space again. (I swam and threw shot put in college and still have the broad shoulders to prove it, so it's not like there was room for me to go anywhere)

And then since perfesser mouse and I are doing nested/interlocking family visits over the holidays, after deplaning and collecting my bag I find myself wandering alone around the overflow parking lot, which is so far out into the woods that normally the biggest threat to personal safety is attack by black bear, trying to find where the perfesser left the car and constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure twitchy hasn't followed me out of the terminal. I'm normally pretty oblivious to danger from others, but twitchy was just weirding me out in that Stranger Danger kind of way.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA

No coffee? I consider it a blessing. Means one less trip to the nasty bathroom, for me at least.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Not sure if this belongs here, but here it goes.

Why does Amex make the Delta CCs feel so flimsy and cheap? That combined with the glossy plastic vs the matte plastic they use for the SPG cards... I realize this is a very first world problem.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Not sure if this belongs here, but here it goes.

Why does Amex make the Delta CCs feel so flimsy and cheap? That combined with the glossy plastic vs the matte plastic they use for the SPG cards... I realize this is a very first world problem.
My Delta Reserve is totally fraying.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
My card complaint with the Amex Delta Gold is that the font color is too close to the background color, making it hard to read the card in some lighting circumstances.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
The new slimline first seats hurt your butt after about 12 hours of a 15 hour mileage run.

More annoying, the new power boxes and the slimline seat anchors make it impossible to store my laptop rollerboard under the seat in front of me. I don't mind the legroom, but I hate being THAT person who jumps out of their seat at 10k feet to grab their laptop bag.

No aurora borealis over Alaska tonight. I am flying 30 hours without a northern lights sighting, I want my money back! Oh, yeah, this is a mileage run. Anything more than on time connections and miles in the bank are extra.

Oh, and both Twinburger and Shoyu at MSP are totally overrated. Shoyu's vegetarian noodle broth was basically colored water, and Twinburger was basically a dry hamburger that squirted cheese all over my unremarkable fries. Give me Surdyks or Custom Burger.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by navi_jen
The new slimline first seats hurt your butt after about 4 hours ...

More annoying, the new power boxes and the slimline seat anchors make it impossible to store pretty much anything under the seat in front of me. I don't mind the legroom, but I hate being THAT person who jumps out of their seat at 10k feet to grab their laptop bag.
fixed those for you
Originally Posted by navi_jen
No aurora borealis over Alaska tonight. I am flying 30 hours without a northern lights sighting, I want my money back! ...
yeah, timing is everything ... this was last Dec; 2+ hours, pretty much the full length of Montana

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 28, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.