FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:41 pm
kop84

Originally Posted by The Situation
My flight tonight is going to be delayed, but it has not posted as delayed. I know the business about padding flight schedules, reduced taxi time, more direct route, yada, yada yada - I get it. The math does not work any longer though. Unless the 757 is going to break the sound barrier, it is not possible for my flight to arrive on time, which means I am going to miss my connection. I called to change my flight, but because my flight hasn't posted as delayed the best they can do for me is waive the change fee. The fare difference is astronomical though and there were no SDC options available in my fare class. In the meantime, the flights have filled up and now I have to get to the airport and hope a bunch of people no show on an alternative routing once the delay finally posts. Spirit Airlines posted their delay for the routing hours 6 hours ahead - why does DL have to wait until the last minute even though it is mathematically impossible for the flight to arrive on time? Its great having a hall of rants so I can rant like this.
Is it possible that DL has a different plane that is going to be swapped in? I find that DL is usually pretty timely at posting known delays.

Isn't every NK flight delayed? So really it's not so much a courtesy posting it when they did, but a policy I take their schedule as a loose suggestion