Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by davetravels
I DID, however, wonder what comp I might receive if we DIDN'T get lunch!!!
So you did the mental arithmetic and still decided you'd rather have the meal?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
So you did the mental arithmetic and still decided you'd rather have the meal?
Sumthin' like that . . . .

Basically, I HATE to write or call in complaints. I don't want to have my account labeled / flagged as a complainer, so, I save it for the "bigger stuff".

My last complaint was, when I flew XYZ/PIT on a CR9 (can't remember what city). An overhead bin door broke / fell off. They had it stored in the F closet. When we got to PIT, the closet door was jammed shut (stuck on the bin door), and, they made us deplane and sit at the gate for a SOLID HOUR (from 11PM - midnight) waiting for maintenance to unjam it waiting for our coats and carry-ons. Why didn't they store the broken bin door in the cargo / luggage area?!?

They responded with a standard canned "I'm sorry" eMail. I replied that I was surprised that they didn't feel my complaint was worthy of any comp. They replied - - - Ohhhh!!! I didn't know THAT'S what you were interested in! They threw me 5K miles. I really don't have too many glitches, thus, RARELY complain. I teeter-tottered on whether or not to send this complaint.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: delta dm
To be honest, it never really crossed my mind.

I DID, however, wonder what comp I might receive if we DIDN'T get lunch!!!

At this point, I really don't remember when it was - - probably 6 months ago, and, not worth it.
I mean reporting a lazy FA not serving lunch until you called him/her out on it not caring about the possible miles they may throw at you. I dont think delta is going to flag someone who has a legit complaint like this.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I mean reporting a lazy FA not serving lunch until you called him/her out on it not caring about the possible miles they may throw at you. I dont think delta is going to flag someone who has a legit complaint like this.
Believe me, he wasn't lazy! After I pointed the lunch service to him online, he was extreeeeeeeeeemely, overly apologetic! He really <somehow> didn't know that this flight was slated for a lunch service!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
FAs (and occasionally flight crew as well) who mangle the end of the "Thanks for flying with us, and have a nice day" announcement while taxiing to the gate

I rarely hear "... wherever your final destination may be" or "... wherever the rest of your travels may take you" because far too often they say "... wherever your final destination may take you"

think about it: your DESTINATION doesn't TAKE you anywhere
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm in the MEM SC, but Google Maps geolocates me to somewhere just west of PBI, and refreshing Google Calendar, which usually picks up on time zone changes, still thinks I'm in PDT.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm in the MEM SC, but Google Maps geolocates me to somewhere just west of PBI, and refreshing Google Calendar, which usually picks up on time zone changes, still thinks I'm in PDT.
Are you using the SC wifi that doesn't know where it's located, or your phone company hasn't caught up with all of you travel yet?!?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
"Final destination" gets on my nerves no matter what. Final destination = the grave.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:04 pm

Are you using the SC wifi that doesn't know where it's located, or your phone company hasn't caught up with all of you travel yet?!?
It was the SC wifi -- DGKWIA?

It does come up with the correct location when connected to the airport wifi.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:50 pm

Why can't domestic First have a seatback tray table *and* an armrest tray table, so I don't have to stop working when the meal is served?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
seat back tray tables in F are so 1990s ...
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Why can't domestic First have a seatback tray table *and* an armrest tray table, so I don't have to stop working when the meal is served?
Well... on a domestic 767-300 you can get that (in exit row two aka 26 AB or FG)

Plus, when you think about it, the seat width is about the same in 1st can coach so...
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I don't know where to post this so here it goes....what's with the LAX SkyClub agent who checks you in wearing sunglasses at 5am? Sweet as she can be but seems so odd...
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:16 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Maybe she has photosensitivity, or a lazy eye, or who knows. There could be a million reasons, 99% of which are none of your business since it's apparently not adversely impacting her job.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by pvn
Maybe she has photosensitivity, or a lazy eye, or who knows. There could be a million reasons, 99% of which are none of your business since it's apparently not adversely impacting her job.
Don't disagree with you, but I don't think he claimed it was adversely impacting her job, just that it was odd and he was curious. And he didn't ask her directly, he asked if anyone here knew the story.

----

My silly/pathetic rant: DL sent me an email survey asking about the phone conversation I had with a DL agent on 9/1. Thing is, I didn't have a phone call with DL on 9/1. I had one on 8/31 though. I did consider that it was evening PDT which could have been past midnight but I checked the time of the ticket reissue email I received and it wasn't.

I did fly DL on 9/1 (although not on the ticket that was the subject of the phone call). So I wonder if the survey system has the wrong date, or wrong type of interaction. Shrug.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 3, 2016 at 8:39 am Reason: minor clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.