Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Bilt Rewards Mastercard WikiPost

(10/7/23 Original author (Dr Jabadski) note: As I posted here on 9/9/23 “Considering I’ve been salivating about simple no-cost points-etizing (like monetizing) my condo payments for about 25 years, I see Bilt as a game changer.” I should have added “almost a Holy Grail” (a thing that is eagerly pursued or sought after). I successfully applied for a Bilt Mastercard 1 month ago thus I’m far from an expert. Both before and after approval I posted multiple questions many times on this thread and several other FTers were highly gracious and informative. Thought a WikiPost might save some others a good deal of time, effort and aggravation, at least in not repeating my questions and searching for the answers. I certainly hope the experts will edit and update this WikiPost as necessary. I’m also exercising Writer's Prerogative to officially coin the term “pointsetize”, like monetize “convert into or express in the form of currency”, to earn points from payments which otherwise would not earn points.)

Bilt Rewards Mastercard (Bilt MC) was first launched in mid-2021, in good part as a no fee way to charge and pointsetize rent payments. (Perhaps the only no fee way to pointsetize rent payments.) There are multiple reports of earning Bilt points for paying condominium monthly maintenance/common charges, sometimes even when the word “condo” or “condominium” is in the transaction description.

Bilt MC is a personal credit card, WF reports credit card information to the various credit bureaus and Bilt MC will count toward Chase 5/24.

This post and this post (both from 9/7/23) describe shutdown reports perhaps related to “micro transactions”, fluctuating rent payment amounts or multiple rent payments. This 10/11/23 post includes several references to Reddit user quotes about shutdowns and several Reddit Bilt quotes in response.

Links to Bilt Rewards Terms of Use and Evolve Bank & Trust (Bilt Technologies) Customer Account Agreement. The Terms state “Bilt may make available to you a Bilt Rent Account (“Account”), which is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments.” The Agreement states: “For the avoidance of doubt, the Account is a transaction bank account that can be used by you solely to make rent payments. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not an account that you may use to deposit or withdraw funds for any other purposes outside of rent payments.”

Bilt MC is a metal card weighing ~16 grams (comparisons: AmEx biz plat 18.5 gm, AmEx Gold 15 gm, Chase Sapphire Reserve 13 gm, traditional plastic card 5 gm).

Bilt Mastercard is issued and managed by Wells Fargo. Bilt Rewards is a separate website and app (which contains some credit card information but not as much as WF website).

Most reports are of instant approvals, Wells Fargo reconsideration phone number and experiences are not well documented. Reported initial Credit Limits vary $4,000 - $30,000 with higher limits more commonly reported. This post (9/1/23) describes one instance of a “Something went wrong” message upon application and the steps toward approval several days later.

Rent payments can be made in multiple different ways. Bilt will provide a (bank) routing number and account number. ACH rent payments can be sent (deposited) by Bilt or withdrawn by a managing company.

Bilt MC is shipped via trackable no-signature-required First Class mail in a small (4.5” x 6.5”) white box with unique packaging inside as pictured at the bottom of this post. As of Feb 2024 no reports of expedited shipping.

Reports on this thread starting in late November 2023 indicate this "quasi-SUB" may be offered randomly and/or only to some people, selection criteria unknown. This post may be the only report of being offered the quasi-SUB prior to Bilt Mastercard application, based on existing Bilt Rewards account. Bilt's “quasi-SUB" is offered via an email and a text message notification the same day as card receipt informing of 5x/5 days/max 50K (email quoted verbatim in this post). (Quasi* due to very short duration in contrast to many traditional SUBs of 3 month duration.) Please note this quasi-SUB maxs out at $12,500 (not $10,000) and tax payments will count. No reports yet of returns and their effect on quasi-SUB. (* “quasi-“ a combining form meaning “resembling,” “having some, but not all of the features of,” used in the formation of compound words: quasi-definition; quasi-monopoly; quasi-official; quasi-scientific.)

Newly earned Bilt points will display as “pending” until 5 transactions per statement cycle. After 5 transactions, points will post and become available shortly after a transaction, before statement date. The Bilt Rewards website has a “transaction counter” which disappears upon reaching 5.

Bilt points for linking partner programs (100 points each) and for adding a credit card to Bilt Wallet (100 points each for first 3) post immediately. Original author received 500 point bonus for first rent payment.

Bilt Rewards points are transferable at 1:1 usually within a few minutes to multiple different airline and hotel programs.

There’s discussion of the long term viability of Bilt with some of those posts linked at the bottom of this post after “BREAK”.

Bilt Status Tiers: Blue - anyone enrolled in Bilt Rewards with under 25,000 points, Silver - 25,000 points earned, Gold - 50,000 points earned, Platinum - 100,000 points earned. “Tier status earned at any point in a year remains active through the end of the following year.” “Earn Interest on Points” (Silver, Gold, Platinum Tiers) is minimal, discussed on this post and this post.

Bilt Points Quest Trivia on the first of each month offers up to 250 points for correctly answering, within 10 seconds, 6 (out of 15-20) questions. Must get first 5 questions (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 points) correct to see the 6th “bonus” 100 point question. There’s often a Reddit thread with the Q & A. (Point Quest - October 2023 Answers) The lower half of this post has comments from a highly experienced “test taker” regarding memory, recall and “studying” for Points Quest Trivia.

Bilt also has various “RentFree” games, available a few days prior to and/or on the 1st of the month, different people get different games. Could be a Family Feud style question with enough time to Google answers or a “Where's Wally?” (Bilt Brick) type of game or something else. Successful completion enters to be one of 3 people for whom Bilt pays their monthly rent (up to $2500).

List of Bilt’s Rent Day promotions going back to October 2022 at the bottom of the page here: DEALSPOINTS.

Print Wikipost

Bilt Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thank you nexusCFX, moe8555 for the reports. I suppose the airline and hotel programs see Bilt Rewards as a "rent payment" program, which happens to have an affiliated credit card.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I wonder if any interesting news will follow tomorrow's NYC party (as hinted in the email).

This minimum transfer reduction to 2K from 5K seemed to be a silent rollout (and much welcomed).
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has Bilt ever offered a SUB?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA Fan
maybe now that Wells issues it there may be something coming down the pike.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
It just hit me that OMAAT hasnt uttered a single word about BILT... anyone know why? It's not like he exclusively talks about CC's as he's spoken about Bask Bank before.. with whom I assume he has a business relationship with maybe?

Anyways.. its just weird that he hasn't said a word about it when it's clearly competing...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:37 pm

I have a mortgage so Bilt doesn’t appeal to me. But, my mom lives in an age restrictive apartment. Her complex is not within the Bilt alliance properties, so applied and approved for the Bilt card. Let’s see how this goes…
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Renters using Bilt to pay rent can have their rent payment history reported to the credit bureaus without a cost. That is to help the renting customers to develop stronger credit reports over time. Assuming Bilt wants it customers to develop stronger credit reports, I would hope they report the MC accounts to the credit bureaus.
Possible to use this Card pay for home mortgage ach?

Last edited by conceptxp; Mar 30, 2022 at 6:36 pm Reason: have some additional question
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:12 am
DH

Originally Posted by Troopers
I have a mortgage so Bilt doesn’t appeal to me. But, my mom lives in an age restrictive apartment. Her complex is not within the Bilt alliance properties, so applied and approved for the Bilt card. Let’s see how this goes…
I'm in same boat and already paid April rent. I will find out soon. BTW does Bilt allow only one rent payment? I have second rent payment I want to use for my kid's college APT rent.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by DH
I'm in same boat and already paid April rent. I will find out soon. BTW does Bilt allow only one rent payment? I have second rent payment I want to use for my kid's college APT rent.
Just paid my mom's April rent. My guess is only one rent payment, or more specifically payment for one address, based on the app. In the app, there's the Pay Rent tab with address of "Your Home" listed. Not sure how to add a second payee.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by DH
Richard here from Bilt - yes, only one address can be paid per month.

Originally Posted by conceptxp
Possible to use this Card pay for home mortgage ach?
It's not, we have rails set up to only allow rent.

Last edited by EmailKid; Apr 1, 2022 at 12:56 pm Reason: Back to back posts
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Red face

Just got it and ended up with a 5 day period of 10x for all spend up to 50k points. So that’s not nothing. That’s actually pretty good for a no annual fee card. You get comparatively peanuts for the AA/DL/UA no AF cards, though the Hilton no AF AMEX isn’t shabby.

(Sound of me pushing future spend into this week)

Originally Posted by aba_bab
It just hit me that OMAAT hasnt uttered a single word about BILT... anyone know why? It's not like he exclusively talks about CC's as he's spoken about Bask Bank before.. with whom I assume he has a business relationship with maybe?

Anyways.. its just weird that he hasn't said a word about it when it's clearly competing...
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/c...lt-mastercard/

No longer weird.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Just got it and ended up with a 5 day period of 10x for all spend up to 50k points. So that’s not nothing. That’s actually pretty good for a no annual fee card. You get comparatively peanuts for the AA/DL/UA no AF cards, though the Hilton no AF AMEX isn’t shabby.
Just five days?

Any DPs on how quick the transfer take?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just five days?
Correct, five days of 10x points up to 50k/$5000. So if you can push a lot of expenses or MS across quickly it’s potentially valuable. That being said no AF cards for airlines don’t exactly shower you with big SUBs, I think the VentureOne is 20k, the AA/UA/DL ones are 10k. It’s arguably not as good as the Hilton AMEX though, which was recently 80k AND a free night good anywhere for 1k spend (which IMO I would take over 50k Bilt points that represents 5k spend, but they’re pretty close in value, and if you’re a Hyatt fiend I would see you taking the Bilt points).

I can’t speak to transfers since I won’t be transferring for a while (I actually want to push points to Hyatt at some point, as I am pretty loaded with AMEX and Capital One for the duration). Since I am LOL/24 and for Reasons (tm) don’t have a Chase card, I didn’t really have a way to push CC spend to Hyatt, and with PayPal Key being deceased, soon was about to lose a way to use my rent spend for point generation. This card fixes two problems for me, and while tossing yet another card in the pile moves me a little bit further back from 5/24 freedom, it makes it easier to sit back and chill for a year or so.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by aba_bab

He’s not talking about it because he isn’t getting paid to talk about it. Pretty simple.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Correct, five days of 10x points up to 50k/$5000. So if you can push a lot of expenses or MS across quickly it’s potentially valuable.
I apparently am also getting 30 days where all non-rent 1x purchases are 2x (no extra bonus on dining and travel from what I can see). So again, this isn't incredibly lucrative (far less so than the initial offer) but it's extra points on a no annual fee card and it makes lack of a SUB tastier, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.