FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bilt Mastercard
Thread: Bilt Mastercard
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2024, 10:08 am
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
… use the Bilt platform to pay my building's monthly maintenance. …
Paying rent/HOA monthly charges without fees is far and away the #1 benefit and attraction of Bilt.

Originally Posted by Majuki
… The other use cases I can think of for linking cards are: 1) Initial bonus points for linking some cards…
Other than the initial bonus for linking, I’ve not earned any Bilt points or seen any other benefit of linking a credit card.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(5/15/24) … Just notified of a new assessment, $15,717 one-time (affordable) check only payment OR $308.22 added to monthly Bilt ACH payment for 60 months (total $18,493, ~18%). I’ll do all I can to have them do one-time payment by Bilt ACH but don’t expect success…..
Datapoint: My monthly Bilt HOA fee ACH is invariably processed and posts on the 1st of the month. Of course, Bilt has zero telephone customer service. I did “Chat” with Bilt, likely robo customer service, asking about ramifications and trying to get “one-time exception approval” of a second payment in the same month, kept being told only 1 payment allowed per month.

Asked the management company if they could add the assessment to June 1st ACH, they said no, they need payment by the date the loan starts (May 20). On Friday morning May 17, I told them it might not be processed but please the to do the full assessment as a one-time ACH pull and to let me know of any problems. Later that day I saw a pending charge for $15,717.XX on my WF Bilt MC activity, did not hear back from management company.

Previous Bilt balance ~1,600, charge was pending all weekend, this (Monday) morning, charge indicated posted. Bilt Rewards balance ~17,XXX, immediately initiated 17k transfer to partner, confirmed on partner website 5 minutes later, partner website balance 17k higher, Bilt Rewards balance = XXX. (I remain skeptical of Bilt's long term viability in general and after this experience specifically for me personally, still maintaining a minimal Bilt balance via monthly partner transfers as soon as HOA Bilt points post.)

I’ll post again if/when the transfer is clawed back and/or if/when I receive notification of Bilt shutdown.

Perfect example of what I was thinking about all along this process: "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission." (retired Rear Adm. Grace M. Hopper)

Go big or go home. If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. No guts, no glory. Luck is often on the side of those who take risks. Successful people are often willing to take risks. Etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; May 20, 2024 at 10:57 pm Reason: typo correction