FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bilt Mastercard
Thread: Bilt Mastercard
View Single Post
Old Oct 6, 2023, 12:35 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by fredc84
What is the typical CL being given with these cards? I'd like to make one (or two) estimated tax payments if I get the 5x sign-up bonus and can probably cover the entire $12,500 that way.
A month ago I got $30K (first ever WF CC, ~200 other CC accounts past 20 years, credit scores ~820-830) and during the month prior to that the only mention (here or elsewhere can’t recall) I saw of an initial CL was also $30K. ​​​​​I kinda thought that was standard.

I did meet the quasi-SUB with tax payments and then sent WF a payment 2-3 days before statement date, didn’t want them reporting 42% credit utilization. Not sure if a Bilt CL is lower than $12.5K one could send a payment immediately upon receipt of the card to allow for higher charges within the first 5 days.

Originally Posted by josephstern
I personally value 2x Bilt much more than even 3x Hilton …
Thank you, me too. I don’t use Lyft that often so it’s not a lot of points and I switched my hotel loyalty to Hyatt a few years ago so my Hilton Lyft points in good part are to keep my (healthy) Hilton balance alive. I may very well change it in the near future.

And of course, if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. My Hilton Lyft points invariably post within minutes of completing a Lyft ride, in contrast to my Delta Lyft miles (when that was a thing) which never posted despite linking the accounts several times and a fair amount of time troubleshooting with both Delta and Lyft.

And I remain skeptical of Bilt’s long term (overly generous) survival.

BREAK

It was discussed above in several different posts (5 links #312, 314, 342, 343, 344), I’m still concerned that Bilt may go “belly up”* or have a severe devaluation in the not too distant future, I plan to maintain a minimal balance in my Bilt rewards account.

(* “Belly up" is an idiomatic expression in American English used to describe a business, organization, or institution that has ceased to exist or gone bankrupt. Of course in the all-male sea-duty Navy of 35 years ago we used a different first word instead of “belly” .)