Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:17 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Was this slightly older lady, wearing a face mask? She tried to send me to Soho last week, despite the fact I am GGL, and was travelling to LHR in F.

Her younger colleague mouthed, "sorry" to me as she was faffing around, re-issuing BPs I already had..
There was a younger and older staff member from AA but neither wore a mask if I recall correctly. They too reprinted me a boarding pass which I already had as if it would magically solve some problems .

I hope that they can clear up the rules soon.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
This is a joke. I'm heading to Chelsea for my first visit in Dec and was excited. Until this.

What other F lounge in the world do you have to:
a) Fight/negotiate/quote the rules to get in, in certain circumstances?
b) Beg/hope for Supervisor approval for a glass of premium champagne?

If this is the Flagship, it's sinking...
Old Oct 25, 2023, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Just to check the latest. GGL+1, coming in BA J (so, international) and connecting in J to LAX on AA (transcon)... we theoretically have Chelsea access, right?

By the way, last August I was curtly told by an AA agent at flagship check-in in JFK that I shouldn't have gone there to get a new boarding pass for my travel companion and next time go elsewhere. GGL + OWE travelling in F to LAX
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:30 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by seanp7
This is a joke. I'm heading to Chelsea for my first visit in Dec and was excited. Until this.

I was there 3-4 weeks ago and non of the above happened. I was invited straight in and enjoyed quite a lot of premium champagne without issue. It was a nice enough lounge, the steak was great but I got pissed off with the volume and frequency of announcements.
Buster CT1K and seanp7 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lefly
Just to check the latest. GGL+1, coming in BA J (so, international) and connecting in J to LAX on AA (transcon)... we theoretically have Chelsea access, right?

By the way, last August I was curtly told by an AA agent at flagship check-in in JFK that I shouldn't have gone there to get a new boarding pass for my travel companion and next time go elsewhere. GGL + OWE travelling in F to LAX
I got myself and a guest in in exactly these circumstances a couple of weeks ago and same on the return. This should be straightforward.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:19 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by seanp7

In maybe 50 entries, I've only ever had an issue once - and that was because the rules were complicated.

Now they're clear and it's easy.

As for the champagne thing, I'll remind you that the CCR in T7 operated in a similar fashion with LPGS not offered if you asked for 'a glass of champagne'.

M
aks120 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:01 am

Hi - I am a GGL who will be arriving into JFK from a BA First flight, connecting onto AA Business JFK-MIA, and then from Miami to São Paulo on AA Flagship First MIA-GRU. All on the same day.

Will I be allowed into Chelsea by virtue of being GGL/arriving in BA First/connecting onto AA Flagship First itinerary, or because my next leg is in AA Business JFK-MIA does that preclude me from Chelsea entry?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by boggy13
Will I be allowed into Chelsea by virtue of being GGL/arriving in BA First/connecting onto AA Flagship First itinerary, or because my next leg is in AA Business JFK-MIA does that preclude me from Chelsea entry?
Yes you will be allowed in. The AA agents will try to attribute it to the BA service, so keep your boarding pass handy, though usually they just take your word for it. A BA agent will be OK to let you in without this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes you will be allowed in. The AA agents will try to attribute it to the BA service, so keep your boarding pass handy, though usually they just take your word for it. A BA agent will be OK to let you in without this.
Thanks so much for the confirmation. Will keep the boarding pass handy!
Old Oct 26, 2023, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Now they're clear and it's easy.
If the rules are "clear and easy", why is a Flagship First transcon AA passenger sent to Soho in post #1524?

re: Champagne in T7, thanks for the reminder. Remind me also, was a selection of "rotating premium champagnes" on the menu in JFK CCR? I never saw that.

Last edited by seanp7; Oct 26, 2023 at 6:58 am
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:16 am
R2

I was there last week. Got in at noon, maybe another five guests in the lounge. Sat down at the bar and asked if they had Krug, the bartender opened a bottle for me. As she found out I'm a champagne fan, she proactively brought out (also unopened and correctly chilled) bottles of Dom Pérignon and LPGS. Great experience.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:24 am

Excellent. Nothing to worry about then - the recent posts requesting visible Krug 3 times with Supervisor approval required are perhaps just an anomaly, or rogue bartender.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
One of the desk staff recognised me as I arrived, and asked if there was a GGL Convention in town - apparently they've had over 25 GGLs come through tonight...which makes me wonder whether people are pretending.

M
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
One of the desk staff recognised me as I arrived, and asked if there was a GGL Convention in town - apparently they've had over 25 GGLs come through tonight...which makes me wonder whether people are pretending.

M
Well surely they check? If flying to LHR it’s on the BP. If flying elsewhere in the US they could ask to see the app card.

amateur hour again,
TheSYDTraveller likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:55 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
I think the inconsistency is the frustrating bit for most first time visitors. If you're a frequent visitor, I don't think it's much of an issue as some may recognise you.

As first time visitor, I didn't appreciate being directed elsewhere as if I wasn't entitled to visit the lounge when I was well within the rules to enter. I can appreciate the need to screen eligible pax but my BP had an AA First JFK-SFO sold as BA (is that the issue?) flight listed. Apologies as I realised I typed JFK-LAX earlier but regardless the point still stands. GGL shouldn't even come into consideration. Purely based on CoS I should have been eligible when they scanned my BP. After a 6-7 hour flight, I don't want to justify why I should be eligible when the documents supplied should already do so.
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.