Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by xenole
Does anyone actually eat those packets of cauliflower?
Tried it once. Didn't get very far. Never again! Gross.
aks120 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Rushed through my food as group 7 when I got to the gate.

This was on the side near the kitchen where the staff stand.
seanp7, Gastrocnemius and AAL2887 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
This was on the side near the kitchen where the staff stand.
Looks like a Bad Romance!
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I cant wait for the next time they take stock from a liquidated Jersey nightclub when they leave the sparkler on it.
Football Fan, seanp7 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I've had a mix of regular label Dom Perignon and the luminous nightclub edition recently.

Jokes about the labels aside, serving Dom P in the lounge puts the Chelsea lounge near the top of the global lounge champagne offerings IMO.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Brief summary of a couple recent visits. We will be stopping through on Saturday. Hopefully the visit is a continuation of yesterday.

As others noted, it relatively quiet and multiple champagnes were on offer upon request. Didnt receive any pushback etc (perhaps it is also advantageous to be known to the staff as a familiar face). Staff was friendly and attentive, though the manager seemed a bit snippy with them.

They also turned off the fireplace, which was much appreciated as it was making this grinding noise. It was extremely noticeable at 5:15 am when the lounge was dead.

Latest lunch / dinner menu. No items were out of stock.

Crab cake and the shrimp avocado roll. Both were good and as expected. Order two if you are hungry.

Ive never gone with the sole and was looking for something light. It was actually quite good and would order again.

Breakfast menu from a couple of weeks ago. My first time doing breakfast (previously only had it at FFD) and unfortunately no omelette.

Standard and came out quickly, which was key as I only had 15 minutes in the lounge before boarding.

Originally Posted by alexwuk
I've had a mix of regular label Dom Perignon and the luminous nightclub edition recently.

Jokes about the labels aside, serving Dom P in the lounge puts the Chelsea lounge near the top of the global lounge champagne offerings IMO.
I agree when they are stocked.
seanp7 and crazy8534 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Which is about 5% of the time.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 4:32 pm

Several DPs in stock this evening, plus Krug. Fun!
Attached Images   
Old Nov 22, 2023, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I am a regular visitor to the Chelsea lounge. I often ask the staff if they are being treated well. Normally they say yes.

On this weeks visit, however, I was told by the wait staff that:
  • There is a new manager/supervisor
  • he is making the Chelsea staffs work schedules unpredictable and often changing, which I know for hourly workers can make life difficult
  • he is threatening to move a number of Chelsea lounge staff to other lounges.
The Chelsea staff are still hard working and eager to please I had a good visit, enjoyed my rare steak with claret/Bordeaux, and I know enough now (thanks to this thread) to ask for my preferred champagne by label.

Is there anyone I can reach out to who could help improve the working conditions of the Chelsea wait staff?

According to the Chelsea staff I spoke to this evening, they are being moved to Soho lounge effective 1st December. New hires are being rotated into Chelsea.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
DP Rose tonight. Apparently someone just polished off the last bottle of krug. It does feel like the champagne situation is much improved (or I am just less conflict averse in simply requesting it). It does indeed rank up there as a lounge in terms of this offering. Hopefully it lasts. But I'll enjoy it while I can.

Chatting to a few ex-CCR staff and they're indeed rotating everyone through the other lounges to train new staff. It'll be a shame to miss some of the regular faces. It's a small thing but a little bit of familiarity in the team does feel special. Having said that, there are some staff it'd be great to rotate out.
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Morgo
According to the Chelsea staff I spoke to this evening, they are being moved to Soho lounge effective 1st December. New hires are being rotated into Chelsea.
Does this not beat the purpose of having good and consistent service in this premium lounge? Wonder what was/is the motivation behind such changes.
I guess if this really deteriorates the current already not very consistent level of service - only option is to complain to whomever supervisor is on duty when leaving the lounge.

Quite sad to see that after so many months, the situation has not been solved.. how was it with FFD staff could be rightly trained, but here it's a shambles?

Cheers!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
Was in there last week - I'm not a regular. Sat at the bar and the bartender was Salma. She was really helpful. Ran me through the list of champagnes and at my request let me do a taste test of the Krug and Dom before choosing my tipple. All in all a very pleasant experience.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of the Lady Gaga edition of Dom .

Two visits in the past week. No issues with access. Not that I expected any due to all segments in F.

I'm glad issues with the bubbles have been sorted. More than happy to serve what was requested. I enjoyed the steaks despite the criticisms on here. Perhaps the issue is consistency? I thought was the sole was fairly average. Mine was incredibly oily. The crab cakes and peach melba were excellent.

Regarding staff, I agree with some of the comments above. Some staff are great, friendly and happy to have a chat while others seem confused about their jobs. It'll be sad to see some rotated out. Hopefully the good ones end up back in Chelsea. Seems a bit strange that they would want to rotate all staff members into SoHo.
seanp7 and ryanbriar like this.

Last edited by TheSYDTraveller; Nov 23, 2023 at 5:13 pm
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just went up to the bar and asked if I might have some Krug or Dom Perignon. The bar server said he had both. I asked for Dom Perignon, and he served me some. A couple of others at the bar immediately asked for the same.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by brightstar100
I just went up to the bar and asked if I might have some Krug or Dom Perignon. The bar server said he had both. I asked for Dom Perignon, and he served me some. A couple of others at the bar immediately asked for the same.
Our paths may have crossed last night. Grabbed a glass of Krug for me and Dom for the wife on arrival, which was nice. Both were a bit warm, but whos complaining . Im curious to see if they run out of things today as it sounded like the team was gearing up for a busy travel day.

Food came out quickly for us (though not very hot). I think timing is hit or miss if youre at the bar versus the seating area.

A fine visit overall. It doesnt make a lot of sense to turn over the entire staff next week / headed into the holidays as that will inevitably affect quality at the onset if there are servers working whove never worked the space before.

Two crab cakes to start.

Wife had the beet salad. Tasted much better than it looked (at least how I took this photo). Im not a big fan of beets, but Id consider ordering it.

Lamb. It was fine. Will probably go with the steak or fish next time.

Tagliatelle basic, but good if youre in the mood for that.
madmanshoney likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.