Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I think that's the final straw for VeriFly for me - what a useless app.
All green tickets, VF says I'm "ready to fly" and yet can't check in. So what's the point of going through this rigamarole...? It's a terrible UX with no apparent added benefit. I think I've had one, maybe two decent experiences with this product; the rest has been simply atrocious. I wonder -- did the same people that manage BA's IT build this?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:33 am

I think this is a general problem and widespread for some flights (US?). Just got back from LAX and it would appear most if not all the passengers on a very busy A380 could not checkin using Verifly even though they had green ticks for everything as did we. The queue to checkin was nearly out of the Tom Bradley terminal. It is bad enough getting an A380 away on time with checkin working normally but no chance if the checkin staff have to go through everyones vaccination certificates, testing results, UK PLF forms etc.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Using this for the first time for flight to USA on Monday. Do I still need to print and complete the Attestation form or is ticking and agreeing on VeriFLY the same ?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Using this for the first time for flight to USA on Monday. Do I still need to print and complete the Attestation form or is ticking and agreeing on VeriFLY the same ?
If you do the attestation online or via the app then you don’t need the paper copy.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Ticking the VeriFly is sufficient for your needs..
mikeyfly and BETTERMJ like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Appreciate the clarification thanks folks
BETTERMJ likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:37 am
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Could not find any matches for a couple of these so thought I'd add them here in case it helps anyone else. I am late to the Verifly party and so far am singularly unimpressed.

1. Two separate and massive multi-page consents needed to start the app. Has anyone read these?
2. Email address has to be in lower case - doesn't tell you this, you have to work it out for yourself. Just keeps saying "confirm email address" until you do work it out.
3. On Android 11 and Samsung S10+, the first Install did not request Camera permissions so therefore the selfie did not work. Again, no help text, no help from the support email (just a template "sorry") - you have to work it out for yourself. Had to enable all permissions then reinstall the app.
4. Added a trip (after following instructions on another site - not obvious) and first statement is "I confirm I have a received a negative Covid test within 24 hours". So I should not proceed? What a crazy process...

So far very frustrating and concerning for an app being pushed on us.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
This is new.....

Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Wife and I both uploaded Covid test result certificate to VeriFLY. Mine were accepted in about 30 minutes and wife’s was rejected. No reason given. Wife then uploaded the certificate again and it was accepted.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:33 am

I had a better experience on my return journey from ABZ to IAH yesterday. VeriFLY accepted my vaccine card photo within around 15 minutes and my BinaxNow eMed test certificate in around an hour, first time.

Check in at ABZ was very busy at 4:15 AM, for the BA1301 at 6:10 AM. Took me around 25 minutes to reach the front of the queue, which only got longer after I arrived, reaching all the way back to the main entrance. Although no separate queue, VeriFLY was accepted without requesting any further information or evidence.

OT - it has been a couple of years since I’ve been back in ABZ. For those of you who enjoy a “rowie” (if you know, you know), the Northern Lights lounge does fantastic mini rowies, served warm at breakfast time. They were delivered fresh from J.G. Ross I believe at about 5:30 AM, just in time to enjoy before boarding!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
I used verifly twice and it worked as a charm but the question is - is there a plan how to implement more airlines? Like Delta, Lufthansa etc.? Or is the verifly some kind of a project from oneworld alliance?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by casey89
I used verifly twice and it worked as a charm but the question is - is there a plan how to implement more airlines? Like Delta, Lufthansa etc.? Or is the verifly some kind of a project from oneworld alliance?
United handles COVID travel requirements verification directly within their own app and, in my own experience, it is a lot smoother and more intuitive than VeriFLY. I’ve only had experience of this with United and BA so far.
dcmike likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
United handles COVID travel requirements verification directly within their own app and, in my own experience, it is a lot smoother and more intuitive than VeriFLY. I’ve only had experience of this with United and BA so far.
I've used the Lufthansa Group verification for OS and LH and it is a heck of a lot easier than VeriFLY.
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Oh I was not aware of this. Anybody has experience with flight to the US with Delta? Do they also provide some sort of application solution or do they handle everything at check-in counter?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
How VeriFLY manages trips to US with overnight connecting flights in relation to the new times requirements for Covid tests?
My itinerary is
AMS-HEL /overnight/ HEL-LHR-JFK. If I take the test 1 day before the first flight, is VeriFLY going to accept it or not since the LHR-JFK is basically on day two?
Could also BA have problems with it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.