Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
Just uploaded my vaccination certificate and it ticked the test result and went straight to the PLF. I'll do that later as havent the patience right now.
Worked for me too - thanks!

rb211.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
Unsure if others have raised this or not.

Issue I encounter everytime I use the app is that it doesn't recognise my NHS COVID pass as proof of vaccination and this needs to be manually verified. The reason for this is that my travel docs and booking both have my first name, middle name, and surname. BUT the NHS COVID Pass does not have my middle name on it. I've spoken to the NHS and my GP surgery on this and apparently it is a limitation of the NHS COVID Pass that middle names are NOT supported, so there is no way to get this added to the vaccination certificate.

Is there anything VeriFLY can do with this, for example if it's an NHS COVID Pass, accept that there will be no middle name, only first name and surname?
I have the opposite issue. My NHS COVID pass has First name, Middle name and surname, passport does have middle name but as I have always done the booking is just in First name and Surname, COVID test is booked for Wednesday and is also just First Name and surname as well.

I assume I will just have to send send the covid pass for manual inspection?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
I have the opposite issue. My NHS COVID pass has First name, Middle name and surname, passport does have middle name but as I have always done the booking is just in First name and Surname, COVID test is booked for Wednesday and is also just First Name and surname as well.

I assume I will just have to send send the covid pass for manual inspection?
Yes, and it may take a few goes. You can obviously try the bar code check first, you get told immediately on that one. You can get your NHS name changed via your GP's reception staff, but you would want to avoid this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Anyone been to Austria since they relaxed their rules from the U.K. on the 24th? I ask because I see from another forum that someone was IDBd at LHR today for not having a PCR (which isn't needed any more if you are jabbed and boosted/recovered). Wondering if VeriFLY or a rogue agent is the culprit here...
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:53 am

Any idea when February dates will be loaded? Only showing me upto 30 January for my route.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, and it may take a few goes. You can obviously try the bar code check first, you get told immediately on that one. You can get your NHS name changed via your GP's reception staff, but you would want to avoid this.
Yeah the barcode check was the thing which flagged it up. Will just mark it for a manual check as the test will need a manual check anyway.

Worse case scenario I check in at the airport with the following:
COVID test with first and last name
NHS COVID pass with first, middle and last name
Passport with first, middle and last name as
Booking in first and last name
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Anyone else struggling with VeriFLY to Spain?

When I try to add a new trip there the only airlines it lets me choose from are American and Aer Lingus.

very odd
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Anyone else struggling with VeriFLY to Spain?
VeriFLY is not used on all routes by BA, particularly from UK to EU countries with relatively low requirements such as Spain. See upthread for more information.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
VeriFLY is not used on all routes by BA, particularly from UK to EU countries with relatively low requirements such as Spain. See upthread for more information.
thanks and apologies
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Update - went back to the first page and and have the blue ‘Confirm’ - done!

Anyone having issues with VeriFLY - I have scanned my PLF and got the green tick that the document processed successfully; unfortunately I have the spinning wheel not allowing to the app to move forward.

Last edited by Skyline; Jan 30, 2022 at 1:30 pm Reason: Fixed!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
Worse case scenario I check in at the airport with the following:
COVID test with first and last name
... and DOB or passport number.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by casey89
... and DOB or passport number.
Yeah, Tests are booked with Boots and their certificates cover all that info. Checked with a friend who used them a few weeks back.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Wanted to add my flight from PRG to LHR with BA but the PRG airport is not even included in the departing airport list. Yesterday it still was with only one possible date to enter which was today. I guess it is because you basically do not need verifly to fly to the UK right? But it is weird that AMS or FRA is still in the list.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
well i ran out of luck i suppose as i am having my first set of issues.

traveling tomorrow ATH-LHR-JFK on BA but an AA ticket.

first there is no option for verifly on ATH-LHR

second i uploaded docs to verifly for LHR-JFK under the BA locator (since flights are on BA metal) and it will not allow me to OLCI

went back and set up a separate trip with my AA PNR

in no instance was i asked to upload my vaccine certificate (only my test) which i presume may be why i cannot OLCI?

whole thing is a mess, already swapped from club suites to old club world to nyc and moved to a horrible seat!
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by casey89
Wanted to add my flight from PRG to LHR with BA but the PRG airport is not even included in the departing airport list. Yesterday it still was with only one possible date to enter which was today. I guess it is because you basically do not need verifly to fly to the UK right? But it is weird that AMS or FRA is still in the list.
there are loads of flights missing at the moment - nothing at all from BCN from tomorrow and the same for MAD. I had to hack the API using a web proxy to add the airport and flights I needed - worked OK and I got my boarding pass but not for the faint hearted!

I’ve mentioned this to BA on Twitter but unless they upload the flights soon there are going to be a lot of cheesed-off flyers, long checkin queues and potentially delayed departures tomorrow!
paulaf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.