Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
The Biden administration has signalled its intends to let the Coronavirus public health emergency expire on May 11th of this year, which (hopefully!) will also signal an end to the U.S. mandate to be vaccinated and thus the end of these very frustrating document checks ahead of flying to the U.S.
VeriFLY has simply stopped being useful for all AA or BA flights for me these days and BA's docs upload generally only works about 1 in 4 times (if I am lucky!) - so the sooner normal online check-in resumes, the better!

Pilot37
TFM likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
Just show all your paperwork at the check-in desk and they will validate it.
The vaccination certificate is not an issue at all, but I am not sure with the attestation form. I know there was some PDF file available on the cdc website but I know the CZ check-in agents are the happiest when you show them just the verifly
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I travelled from Heathrow to San Francisco on 12th January and added my info into the Verifly app in plenty of time for the trip.

A few days before departure, I started getting emails from BA asking me to upload my Covid-19 documents. I eventually did this (it worked fine for me), just so that I could check in online.

As far as I could tell, using Verifly served no purpose whatsoever.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by peter h
I travelled from Heathrow to San Francisco on 12th January and added my info into the Verifly app in plenty of time for the trip.

A few days before departure, I started getting emails from BA asking me to upload my Covid-19 documents. I eventually did this (it worked fine for me), just so that I could check in online.

And during the check-in did the desk agent needed to see anything or he/she had everything in the system? I was always using the verifly to save the hustle but now it is no longer an option, so i will bring the vaccine certificate.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by casey89
And during the check-in did the desk agent needed to see anything or he/she had everything in the system? I was always using the verifly to save the hustle but now it is no longer an option, so i will bring the vaccine certificate.
Everything was fine. I had hard copies of everything, just in case, though.

I had a clear plastic document wallet in my hand (from which I'd just extracted my passport) and the top document was a printed copy of my ESTA - the agent noticed this and said: 'ooh good, you've got your ESTA'. I don't know if she would have asked for it if she hadn't seen it.

Come to think of it though, neither Verifly nor the BA upload asked me if I'd got a valid ESTA?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by peter h

The experiences shown above is that ideally you do VeriFLY a week beforehand and the direct link to Salesforce, not the MMB version, about 3 days to departure. Overall this seems to work best, the problems that come up regularly are those that use the MMB version with connections and don't use VeriFLY. Doing both makes it more likely you can OLCI.

ESTA checking is done in the background by the robots, and is not a health related control.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The experiences shown above is that ideally you do VeriFLY a week beforehand and the direct link to Salesforce, not the MMB version, about 3 days to departure. Overall this seems to work best, the problems that come up regularly are those that use the MMB version with connections and don't use VeriFLY. Doing both makes it more likely you can OLCI.

ESTA checking is done in the background by the robots, and is not a health related control.
Yes, CWS, I can concur. Rookie mistake on my part. I used MMB to submit all the relevant docs at the start of this week for my wife and daughter, travelling to New York tomorrow (Glasgow domestic) confirmation / verified to fly received within an hour for both of them. However, BA Emails started arriving yesterday afternoon requesting that we upload the required docs, followed by another one this morning 2 hrs prior to check in. OLCI allowed for the domestic connection but unable to check in for the Heathrow JFK flight. I’ve assured them these things happen and all will be well at Glasgow tomorrow morning. Still very frustrating tho.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
The experiences shown above is that ideally you do VeriFLY a week beforehand and the direct link to Salesforce, not the MMB version, about 3 days to departure. Overall this seems to work best, the problems that come up regularly are those that use the MMB version with connections and don't use VeriFLY. Doing both makes it more likely you can OLCI. ESTA checking is done in the background by the robots, and is not a health related control.
For clarification: Two passengers, both US citizens and vaccinated, flying CDG-LHR-IAD in March should upload via VeriFly a week in advance of our departure date any requested docs. After that, we have the best chance of online check-in (via BA app on iPhone) at the 24 hour prior to departure time? Is this correct or am I missing a step or trick to give us better chances?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by geo1005
For clarification: Two passengers, both US citizens and vaccinated, flying CDG-LHR-IAD in March should upload via VeriFly a week in advance of our departure date any requested docs. After that, we have the best chance of online check-in (via BA app on iPhone) at the 24 hour prior to departure time? Is this correct or am I missing a step or trick to give us better chances?
Do VeriFLY at 7 days, then Salesforce at between 2 and 3 days to departure, do not use the MMB link. Full details here:
BA preflight document upload
(May take a few seconds to load fully)
Old Feb 17, 2023, 1:06 pm

Do VeriFLY at 7 days, then Salesforce at between 2 and 3 days to departure, do not use the MMB link. Full details here:
BA preflight document upload
(May take a few seconds to load fully)
can confirm that. I had PRG-LHR-MIA on Feb15th and did verifly about 10-12 days prior to departure and 3 days before uploaded the vaccination but through MMB form which is useless of course. I called the agent twice and explained the situation and I was told to wait 1-2 hrs and the OLCI will work (of course I had to check-in on the airport). I will use the salesforce next time for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.