VeriFLY experiences

Old Feb 6, 21, 4:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LAX, LHR
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 307
VeriFLY experiences

Please share your VeriFLY experiences here as per https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...rifly?ref=Home

I am traveling LHR-LAX on Feb 14 and so far so good:

destone is online now  
Old Feb 6, 21, 9:25 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 50,270
Your documents, whether paper or electronic, will still be checked as they always have been.
Often1 is offline  
Old Feb 6, 21, 6:33 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Hertz pres circle, SPG Gold, hilton diamond
Posts: 2,499
I flew on the 5th on AA from Cabo to LAX so take my experiences with a touch of salt.

Loaded up the documents etc, then when my test result came, sent a screen shot of the email. After about an hour or so I had an email confirming it. I noticed in the app that once you complete a section you cant go back and review what you've submitted. Which is annoying, since like you appear to have done, I completed the airport checklist early. That meant I couldnt actually go back and review what I needed to do.

At the airport: Flying business/F anyway, so the line was clear, but staff were asking about antigen tests at the start of the lines. I asked if they’re doing VeriFLY, and she looked at me if I asked if this was the flight to go to the moon.

Her colleague heard and came over, lifted the barrier and took me to the priority line next to the Ow/F line, so it seems they’re doing that.
At the counter the agent looked at the app, scrolled around it; though she couldn’t look at anything else either other than the green verified tick, since like I say you cant click on anything and review it, so she never saw any kind of antigen test result, just that the app showed it as verified. She said it was fine, and that was that. I wasn’t asked at any point to show the paper copy at any point. I can’t really say it would have saved any time for a OWE/F flyer. In fact if you added up all the time spent messing around with the app, it was substantially worse than just show up and flashing a copy of the test.
Non status flying Y, and there would have been some benefit.

Give how things are currently I couldnt check in online, it demanded airport check in, I dont know if BA will (once NIE ends) be the same, if it is, the app is basically pointless. If it can somehow integrate and allow you to do online check in, then it has some value.
destone likes this.
aceman is offline  
Old Feb 7, 21, 6:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,355
Originally Posted by aceman View Post
Give how things are currently I couldnt check in online, it demanded airport check in, I dont know if BA will (once NIE ends) be the same, if it is, the app is basically pointless. If it can somehow integrate and allow you to do online check in, then it has some value.
BAís hope and intention is to link it to OLCI, precisely for the reason that it will avoid the need for staffed desks in terminals. With so few people travelling itís hard to test, but Iím led to believe theyíre actively working on the back end in the hope it works.
destone likes this.
Confus is offline  
Old Apr 19, 21, 12:55 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by aceman View Post
I flew on the 5th on AA from Cabo to LAX so take my experiences with a touch of salt.

Loaded up the documents etc, then when my test result came, sent a screen shot of the email. After about an hour or so I had an email confirming it. I noticed in the app that once you complete a section you cant go back and review what you've submitted. Which is annoying, since like you appear to have done, I completed the airport checklist early. That meant I couldnt actually go back and review what I needed to do.

At the airport: Flying business/F anyway, so the line was clear, but staff were asking about antigen tests at the start of the lines. I asked if theyíre doing VeriFLY, and she looked at me if I asked if this was the flight to go to the moon.

Her colleague heard and came over, lifted the barrier and took me to the priority line next to the Ow/F line, so it seems theyíre doing that.
At the counter the agent looked at the app, scrolled around it; though she couldnít look at anything else either other than the green verified tick, since like I say you cant click on anything and review it, so she never saw any kind of antigen test result, just that the app showed it as verified. She said it was fine, and that was that. I wasnít asked at any point to show the paper copy at any point. I canít really say it would have saved any time for a OWE/F flyer. In fact if you added up all the time spent messing around with the app, it was substantially worse than just show up and flashing a copy of the test.
Non status flying Y, and there would have been some benefit.

Give how things are currently I couldnt check in online, it demanded airport check in, I dont know if BA will (once NIE ends) be the same, if it is, the app is basically pointless. If it can somehow integrate and allow you to do online check in, then it has some value.
Thanks for this detailed account of your experience. I have the following question:
1) how does verification of the test screenshot work? is it someone on the other end actually checking the documents or is it a computer system that scans the document to check if the name and DOB match? The reason I ask is that my local lab issues test results only in French, although it should be quite self explanatory if you see the pax name and DOB plus the words PCR and neg. next to it. I checked the US State Dep. website regarding the requirements and they don't even require test results in English:
'Please check with your airline to determine in what language results can be submitted. CDC requires air passengers to have a paper or electronic copy of their test result for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the United States. Passengers will also attest to the authenticity of the test presented. '
  
rosenkavalier is offline  
Old Apr 19, 21, 11:38 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,914
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier View Post
Thanks for this detailed account of your experience. I have the following question:
1) how does verification of the test screenshot work? is it someone on the other end actually checking the documents or is it a computer system that scans the document to check if the name and DOB match? The reason I ask is that my local lab issues test results only in French, although it should be quite self explanatory if you see the pax name and DOB plus the words PCR and neg. next to it. I checked the US State Dep. website regarding the requirements and they don't even require test results in English:
'Please check with your airline to determine in what language results can be submitted. CDC requires air passengers to have a paper or electronic copy of their test result for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the United States. Passengers will also attest to the authenticity of the test presented. '
  
Iím 99% sure itís a human reviewing it. I had my first upload returned as a fail (the reply was that they couldnít see the time of the test, which was clearly shown). So I uploaded it again (same exact image) and it was accepted. Itís the new form of hang up and call again. each review took about 10 min.

On my flight back to the US, VeriFLY was broken that day and wouldnít allow me to upload an image at all so I gave up.

Overall it didnít save any time as the UK wanted to review each document for every arriving passenger, and the US didnít review anything upon arrival (relying on more of a random check approach and/or assuming that the airline employees did their job).
dylanks is offline  
Old Apr 19, 21, 11:39 pm
  #7  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,917
Yes I believe they are checked by the staff, based on information when my test was rejected.
Markie is offline  
Old Apr 20, 21, 12:11 am
  #8  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,420
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Yes I believe they are checked by the staff, based on information when my test was rejected.
Initially rejected or wholly rejected?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Apr 20, 21, 8:39 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,914
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Initially rejected or wholly rejected?
They rejected the covid test claiming it didnít show a time the test was administered (which it did). So I just uploaded the same image again which was then verified/accepted.
dylanks is offline  
Old Apr 21, 21, 3:26 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
Iím 99% sure itís a human reviewing it. I had my first upload returned as a fail (the reply was that they couldnít see the time of the test, which was clearly shown). So I uploaded it again (same exact image) and it was accepted. Itís the new form of hang up and call again. each review took about 10 min.

On my flight back to the US, VeriFLY was broken that day and wouldnít allow me to upload an image at all so I gave up.

Overall it didnít save any time as the UK wanted to review each document for every arriving passenger, and the US didnít review anything upon arrival (relying on more of a random check approach and/or assuming that the airline employees did their job).
thanks for the data points!
rosenkavalier is offline  
Old Apr 21, 21, 11:08 pm
  #11  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,917
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Initially rejected or wholly rejected?
Wholly rejected as it was three days before travel and they only accept 72 hours before travel.
Markie is offline  
Old May 5, 21, 3:16 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 819
Delete
djmp is offline  
Old May 17, 21, 6:07 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 726
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Wholly rejected as it was three days before travel and they only accept 72 hours before travel.
Is this for the US? The US allows three days rather than 72 hours. The CDC website is very clear on this. Leaving tomorrow and had a test Saturday but more than 72 hours out.
KSVVZ2015 is offline  
Old May 17, 21, 6:54 am
  #14  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 13,420
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015 View Post
Is this for the US? The US allows three days rather than 72 hours. The CDC website is very clear on this. Leaving tomorrow and had a test Saturday but more than 72 hours out.
As does the UK.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old May 17, 21, 1:28 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 83
I flew LAX to LHR in March on BA (and the return a couple of weeks later on AA) and had no complaints at all about VeriFLY. Uploaded documents were confirmed pretty quickly and the check-in agents took a look at the app for about five seconds before telling me I was good to go. It obviously didn't save me much time when landing at LHR, as border security still wanted to see all of my documents, but as far as checking in was concerned, it meant that the process was no longer than I would normally expect.
TTmex likes this.
merlin90 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: