Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
VeriFLY experiences

Please share your VeriFLY experiences here as per https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...rifly?ref=Home

I am traveling LHR-LAX on Feb 14 and so far so good:

Old Feb 6, 2021, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your documents, whether paper or electronic, will still be checked as they always have been.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I flew on the 5th on AA from Cabo to LAX so take my experiences with a touch of salt.

Loaded up the documents etc, then when my test result came, sent a screen shot of the email. After about an hour or so I had an email confirming it. I noticed in the app that once you complete a section you cant go back and review what you've submitted. Which is annoying, since like you appear to have done, I completed the airport checklist early. That meant I couldnt actually go back and review what I needed to do.

At the airport: Flying business/F anyway, so the line was clear, but staff were asking about antigen tests at the start of the lines. I asked if they’re doing VeriFLY, and she looked at me if I asked if this was the flight to go to the moon.

Her colleague heard and came over, lifted the barrier and took me to the priority line next to the Ow/F line, so it seems they’re doing that.
At the counter the agent looked at the app, scrolled around it; though she couldn’t look at anything else either other than the green verified tick, since like I say you cant click on anything and review it, so she never saw any kind of antigen test result, just that the app showed it as verified. She said it was fine, and that was that. I wasn’t asked at any point to show the paper copy at any point. I can’t really say it would have saved any time for a OWE/F flyer. In fact if you added up all the time spent messing around with the app, it was substantially worse than just show up and flashing a copy of the test.
Non status flying Y, and there would have been some benefit.

Give how things are currently I couldnt check in online, it demanded airport check in, I dont know if BA will (once NIE ends) be the same, if it is, the app is basically pointless. If it can somehow integrate and allow you to do online check in, then it has some value.
destone likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by aceman
Give how things are currently I couldnt check in online, it demanded airport check in, I dont know if BA will (once NIE ends) be the same, if it is, the app is basically pointless. If it can somehow integrate and allow you to do online check in, then it has some value.
BA’s hope and intention is to link it to OLCI, precisely for the reason that it will avoid the need for staffed desks in terminals. With so few people travelling it’s hard to test, but I’m led to believe they’re actively working on the back end in the hope it works.
destone likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by aceman
I flew on the 5th on AA from Cabo to LAX so take my experiences with a touch of salt.

Loaded up the documents etc, then when my test result came, sent a screen shot of the email. After about an hour or so I had an email confirming it. I noticed in the app that once you complete a section you cant go back and review what you've submitted. Which is annoying, since like you appear to have done, I completed the airport checklist early. That meant I couldnt actually go back and review what I needed to do.

At the airport: Flying business/F anyway, so the line was clear, but staff were asking about antigen tests at the start of the lines. I asked if they’re doing VeriFLY, and she looked at me if I asked if this was the flight to go to the moon.

Her colleague heard and came over, lifted the barrier and took me to the priority line next to the Ow/F line, so it seems they’re doing that.
At the counter the agent looked at the app, scrolled around it; though she couldn’t look at anything else either other than the green verified tick, since like I say you cant click on anything and review it, so she never saw any kind of antigen test result, just that the app showed it as verified. She said it was fine, and that was that. I wasn’t asked at any point to show the paper copy at any point. I can’t really say it would have saved any time for a OWE/F flyer. In fact if you added up all the time spent messing around with the app, it was substantially worse than just show up and flashing a copy of the test.
Non status flying Y, and there would have been some benefit.

Thanks for this detailed account of your experience. I have the following question:
1) how does verification of the test screenshot work? is it someone on the other end actually checking the documents or is it a computer system that scans the document to check if the name and DOB match? The reason I ask is that my local lab issues test results only in French, although it should be quite self explanatory if you see the pax name and DOB plus the words PCR and neg. next to it. I checked the US State Dep. website regarding the requirements and they don't even require test results in English:
'Please check with your airline to determine in what language results can be submitted. CDC requires air passengers to have a paper or electronic copy of their test result for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the United States. Passengers will also attest to the authenticity of the test presented. '
  
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
Thanks for this detailed account of your experience. I have the following question:
1) how does verification of the test screenshot work? is it someone on the other end actually checking the documents or is it a computer system that scans the document to check if the name and DOB match? The reason I ask is that my local lab issues test results only in French, although it should be quite self explanatory if you see the pax name and DOB plus the words PCR and neg. next to it. I checked the US State Dep. website regarding the requirements and they don't even require test results in English:
'Please check with your airline to determine in what language results can be submitted. CDC requires air passengers to have a paper or electronic copy of their test result for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the United States. Passengers will also attest to the authenticity of the test presented. '
  
I’m 99% sure it’s a human reviewing it. I had my first upload returned as a fail (the reply was that they couldn’t see the time of the test, which was clearly shown). So I uploaded it again (same exact image) and it was accepted. It’s the new form of hang up and call again. each review took about 10 min.

On my flight back to the US, VeriFLY was broken that day and wouldn’t allow me to upload an image at all so I gave up.

Overall it didn’t save any time as the UK wanted to review each document for every arriving passenger, and the US didn’t review anything upon arrival (relying on more of a random check approach and/or assuming that the airline employees did their job).
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes I believe they are checked by the staff, based on information when my test was rejected.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Markie
Yes I believe they are checked by the staff, based on information when my test was rejected.
Initially rejected or wholly rejected?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They rejected the covid test claiming it didn’t show a time the test was administered (which it did). So I just uploaded the same image again which was then verified/accepted.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by dylanks
I’m 99% sure it’s a human reviewing it. I had my first upload returned as a fail (the reply was that they couldn’t see the time of the test, which was clearly shown). So I uploaded it again (same exact image) and it was accepted. It’s the new form of hang up and call again. each review took about 10 min.

On my flight back to the US, VeriFLY was broken that day and wouldn’t allow me to upload an image at all so I gave up.

Overall it didn’t save any time as the UK wanted to review each document for every arriving passenger, and the US didn’t review anything upon arrival (relying on more of a random check approach and/or assuming that the airline employees did their job).
thanks for the data points!
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Wholly rejected as it was three days before travel and they only accept 72 hours before travel.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Delete
Old May 17, 2021, 6:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
Wholly rejected as it was three days before travel and they only accept 72 hours before travel.
Is this for the US? The US allows three days rather than 72 hours. The CDC website is very clear on this. Leaving tomorrow and had a test Saturday but more than 72 hours out.
Old May 17, 2021, 6:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Is this for the US? The US allows three days rather than 72 hours. The CDC website is very clear on this. Leaving tomorrow and had a test Saturday but more than 72 hours out.
As does the UK.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I flew LAX to LHR in March on BA (and the return a couple of weeks later on AA) and had no complaints at all about VeriFLY. Uploaded documents were confirmed pretty quickly and the check-in agents took a look at the app for about five seconds before telling me I was good to go. It obviously didn't save me much time when landing at LHR, as border security still wanted to see all of my documents, but as far as checking in was concerned, it meant that the process was no longer than I would normally expect.
TTmex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.