VeriFLY experiences

Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:44 pm

Ah ok - I had searched for United Kingdom and got zero results. I just searched for UK instead and found it.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I found it very straightforward to use. I have my pass ready to fly FAO-LHR tomorrow. Will be interesting to see whether it saves any time.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I found it very straightforward to use. I have my pass ready to fly FAO-LHR tomorrow. Will be interesting to see whether it saves any time.
have got mine too for Mex to lhr tonight. Again curious to know if it saves time. It did ask me to confirm today that I had printed versions of the Covid test and PLF for UK.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:08 pm

Just went through ORD and the check in agent had never seen it used before but knew exactly what it was. They were all super happy and excited as it makes their job much easier!
LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TTmex
have got mine too for Mex to lhr tonight. Again curious to know if it saves time. It did ask me to confirm today that I had printed versions of the Covid test and PLF for UK.
Checkin agent thanked me for bringing verifly but said printed copies were needed. So the good that game from this was knowing the docs i had would be good at the airport. Check in took 2 mins, security 2 mins. BA has no lounge offering in Mexico currently (Iberia does) and didn't offer any voucher even for First. Poor form but honestly happy to sit and have a coffee before some LP on board
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Fails at the first hurdle for me as when you set up the trip you enter Departure/Arrival airport and then you're supposed to choose from a list of flight numbers

Seems okay for FAO-LHR , but it doesn't give any numbers for FAO-LCY ( also a bit weird you'd select the date before choosing the flight number, but anyway ! )

Hard to know how you'd use it for travelling with kids either as there seems no option to add any details other than your own ? [ to complicate things one of the kids is on a different booking ref, but haven't even got to that stage ]

Seems like an interesting idea, but not really ready for prime time for me anyway ... The online tool that they were using for document submission via BA.com for outbound flights seemed to work well, but that looked like something they built on BA.com , not a 3rd party tool

EDIT. - I found something in it to add travel companions so maybe that works for the children .. but the lack of a flight number for FAO-LCY is still a blocker
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

Yes, thoroughly stuck on this one as the Flight Number field doesn't populate for FAO-LCY like it does for other routes and it's a mandatory field with no ability to manually enter any value
Oh well I tried .. assume they'll have plenty staff on in Faro tomorrow anyway !
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
I think having done VeriFLY made the check in staffs day at FAO just now... oh you did VeriFLY - yes!. Through in seconds as usual.
VSLover and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Fails at the first hurdle for me as when you set up the trip you enter Departure/Arrival airport and then you're supposed to choose from a list of flight numbers

Seems okay for FAO-LHR , but it doesn't give any numbers for FAO-LCY ( also a bit weird you'd select the date before choosing the flight number, but anyway ! )
Yes I saw a comment elsewhere on this, FAO to LHR is ok for VeriFly, but for some reason not to LCY. In fact I don't think any LCY destination is on Verifly, which underscores the point that BA has made a disappointing error of judgement on this one, in terms of limiting usage to aspects that suit the airline rather than the customer.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I saw a comment elsewhere on this, FAO to LHR is ok for VeriFly, but for some reason not to LCY. In fact I don't think any LCY destination is on Verifly, which underscores the point that BA has made a disappointing error of judgement on this one, in terms of limiting usage to aspects that suit the airline rather than the customer.
Yeah it's weird as it allows FAO-LCY as a valid city pair ( the 'Destination' field is populated after you select the Departure airport ) but then doesn't have any flight numbers assigned to it so it's kind of useless. Seems like a reasonable idea , but poorly executed .. what they had for the LHR-FAO flight with uploading your docs to the BA online checkin system seemed to be more useful .. I guess if they go down that route it will be better.

Checkin at FAO yesterday was pretty simple anyway - Limited queues and a fairly cursory check of the docs on the phone screen was all that was needed didn't really cause much delay .. so not sure having used Verifly would have saved much time even if it was possible to do so.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
AGP-LHR last night

Iberia check in staff manning the BA desks didn't know what it was and insisted she needed to see the items individually. Having faffed around doing Verifly I stood my ground and pointed out that it was a BA and Iberia promoted app. She eventually call over a colleague who knew what it was and said okay.

Annoying experience.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
PMI - LHR 13/06/21

Flying with hand luggage only, OLCI worked fine prior to doing VeriFLY so had a mobile boarding pass only. Got to the gate and the initial agent didnt recognise VeriFLY, she asked her colleague who did and accepted it straight away, worked very well for me in this instance. Overheard some other passengers that checked in at the counter with Iberia staff, they rejected VeriFLY and insisted on documentation. Sadly the the process still seems hit or miss, I always keep pdf versions of all required documents on my phone just in case.
Tobias-UK and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Got all the way through to the 3 check marks for my LAX-LHR last week, so left it at that screen. Strolled up to the check in counter upon arrival at LAX. The agent knew exactly what the App was, but needed to see a screen with a check mark and a picture. News to me! Dug out my paperwork instead and whilst the agent checked me in and checked my docs, I played with the App and noticed that I had to go way way back to the main screen and then select a different option to get to the required all screen!

Next time!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:11 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Flew from MIA to LHR on BA208 on Wednesday night this week. BA check in staff looked at Verifly and my green ticks and Ready to Fly and said - thanks for that. We now need to see all the paper documentation to support this.

I suggested that BA has approved Verifly for all international departures to LHR but the lady in the First Class/Emerald check in desk was having none of it.

So have your physical proof of everything for Miami.
Tobias-UK and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:40 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OK - I got so far - but then hit a snag. I put my details of the trip to the UK - that was fine. I tried to put in the details to Greece and it only alllowed me AA - BA was not shown at all. The same was true for A Trip too Spain - yet others seem to have used it to come from FAO. What am I doing wrong or is it not set to show flights to other countries from the UK but only from the US?

Bit of a swizz if you ask me.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Jun 14, 2021 at 11:09 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.