VeriFLY experiences

Old May 9, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Cťlestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
BPs are not required to transit between terminals using the bus. Iíve flown into one terminal on one ticket, taken the bus, then checked in after arriving at the next terminal on several occasions. I also take the bus to less crowded terminals when entering UK, for example when queues at T5 are too long.
Thanks, does anyone know the best place to obtain an AY BP airside T3? Assuming the BA lounge?
Old May 9, 2022, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Thanks, does anyone know the best place to obtain an AY BP airside T3? Assuming the BA lounge?
there should be airline service desks after connection security in T3 so you could get it there.

just before security there are some airline service desks, but i think only for AA and BA.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
DataPoint:
Today uploaded all documents and received the Green Tick on VeriFly 2 hours before check in opens.Head to BA.com to check in and receive this:
Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY

Last edited by AleTrail; May 10, 2022 at 5:22 am Reason: typo
Old May 10, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AleTrail
DataPoint:
Today uploaded all documents and received the Green Tick on VeriFly 2 hours before check in opens.Head to BA.com to check in and receive this:
En route on a ATH-LHR-BWI routing right now, and same. Wait, it gets better.
I did the supervised self-test yesterday morning 8 am EET (Greece/eastern Balkans/Finland). Negative. Get test results in email not 20 minutes later. Upload to Verifly, all good on their end. Fortunately I remembered to save my test results to Google Drive, because......

Check in this morning at ATH at the counter like a peasant. I show the agent the Verifly pass and he's looking at me like I'm showing him Grindr. I show him the test result PDF on my phone. Oops: the timestamp is 8 May 23:32 UTC-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time in the US), so T-2 days instead of the actual T-1. Of course, there's a 9 hour time difference. I was yelling at him to look at the time zone, fortunately he talked to his supervisor and he let me through.

At least the Internet on my ATH-LHR flight was solid, and hoping for the same on the next leg.

Last edited by fergiethefocus; May 10, 2022 at 7:16 am
Old May 10, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by AleTrail
DataPoint:
Snap here, thanks for posting as it reassures me its not just me
Old May 10, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Snap here, thanks for posting as it reassures me its not just me
BA's IT are bloody awful. It's not you, it is most definitely them.
EDIflyer, thegreatmrsj and casey89 like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
If I have baggage that needs to be checked in and therefore need to go to the check in desk anyway, is there any benefit in using VerifyFLY? If I don't need to upload personal information to third party websites, I would rather not so wondering if I can just show at the check in desk without losing much (if any) time?
Old May 10, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
So has Verifly stopped talking to BA. 8 hours ago I got the green tick Ready to travel on for our flights to BNA but we still cannot check in for either our EDI-LHR leg or LHR - BNA saying our documents need to be checked and advising us to download and use the Verifly app. So frustrating! Dont suppose anyone knows a work around otherwise we have to get up a little earlier tomorrow morning (yawn)
Old May 10, 2022, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
So has Verifly stopped talking to BA. 8 hours ago I got the green tick Ready to travel on for our flights to BNA but we still cannot check in for either our EDI-LHR leg or LHR - BNA saying our documents need to be checked and advising us to download and use the Verifly app. So frustrating! Dont suppose anyone knows a work around otherwise we have to get up a little earlier tomorrow morning (yawn)
This isn't new. Read up thread on ADOC and the multiple other very similar cases to yours. In short tomorrow morning OLCI may work, but if it doesn't just flash the VeriFLY app and that clears ADOC.
EDIflyer and thegreatmrsj like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 12d121
If I have baggage that needs to be checked in and therefore need to go to the check in desk anyway, is there any benefit in using VerifyFLY? If I don't need to upload personal information to third party websites, I would rather not so wondering if I can just show at the check in desk without losing much (if any) time?
It depends on your destination. There are three benefits of VeriFLY - OLCI (though for on carriage that doesn't always work at T-24); checking you have actually got the right paperwork, dates etc; saving time on scanning and checking at the airport. So for example if you are going to the USA, BA needs you to do the attestation using a QR code, and until they get confirmation back that your have filed the paperwork on the server, you won't get your boarding pass. If it's one traveller I guess it doesn't take long, but if it's a family and there is a query on one detail that the check-in agent needs a supervisor to look at, you can see the problem. If yoi are going to Germany then it's just a check of the NHS Covid Pass and that takes next to no time.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It depends on your destination. There are three benefits of VeriFLY - OLCI (though for on carriage that doesn't always work at T-24); checking you have actually got the right paperwork, dates etc; saving time on scanning and checking at the airport. So for example if you are going to the USA, BA needs you to do the attestation using a QR code, and until they get confirmation back that your have filed the paperwork on the server, you won't get your boarding pass. If it's one traveller I guess it doesn't take long, but if it's a family and there is a query on one detail that the check-in agent needs a supervisor to look at, you can see the problem. If yoi are going to Germany then it's just a check of the NHS Covid Pass and that takes next to no time.
Thanks for the quick reply. We are travelling as a couple to Cape Town.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by 12d121
Thanks for the quick reply. We are travelling as a couple to Cape Town.
That's just your vaccination proof then. Plus it departs at a time when LHR is quiet, so I think that would be fine, just allow an extra 10 minutes on what you would normally do.
12d121 likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:31 pm

VeriFly - unfit for purpose, frankly. Even though it verified our documents, we couldn't check in online for our US flights last month, most likely as we had a domestic connection. We were HBO so it meant completely unnecessary queuing to check in. For our next trip it's not even accurate - it says we need a negative covid test taken within 24 hours of departure, when actually it's the day before, so probably won't accept our test certificates and again we won't be able to check in online (though the domestic connection might rule that out anyway). What actually is the point of it?
Old May 10, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
A joke, like almost everything about BA and especially its IT. I keep getting emails about uploading documents and providing seat number but... MMB shows my routing as Undefined to Undefined. Flying IAD-LHR-FNC. As far as I know there are no documents required, no passenger locator form, etc. Verifly does not even recognize FNC as a destination.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:03 pm

Portugal is Salesforce not VeriFLY. You are correct that FNC is restriction free and has been for quite a while now, but if you wanted to keep the robots slightly happy and you have an NHS or European COVID pass, you could fill in the Portugal form on Salesforce. But otherwise you are safe in ignoring it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.