Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I presume this won't be an issue (not wanting to waste even more money on PCR tests).
yes, you can use that day2 kit, although you'll be wasting the day8 (and they'll email/badger you about taking it by email a couple of times)
Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by greyt
Flew from BDA to LHR today. Checked in online and had my VeriFLY to hand. Still had to check in and show all paperwork - using VeriFLY was a waste of time….
Same yesterday. The BA lady admitted she had heard of Verifly but said they didn't use it and wanted to see the paper docs - anyway, was my first trip using the App and I can imagine it would be a good thing if it becomes more widely accepted
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:13 pm

Shocked and delighted but…showed up many hours early (first TATL in 18 months, wanted to revel in the glory) to IAD today. The BA desk agent asked for all of our testing and PLF paperwork. I offered our Verifly, expecting a “what is that” response. To the contrary, she was delighted, glanced at the green check mark for my wife and me, and printed boarding passes literally within seconds. May this be consistent with the rest of our pending travel!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC
I have my first trip using veriFly tomorrow. It’s MXP-LHR-LAX
Got both UK and USA passes greenlit for me and my kids.

if I change seats at OLCI, do I need to redo a locator form and VeriFLY pass since it has the plane seat number on? I sure hope not!

Small thing, app wouldn’t release the pass for UK until I put in a dummy arrival test number. We don’t have that since we’ll stay airside and we’re just transiting but the app still wanted a arrival test reference number so I put 0000000
commontraveller likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by hyperspace
I have my first trip using veriFly tomorrow. It’s MXP-LHR-LAX
Got both UK and USA passes greenlit for me and my kids.

if I change seats at OLCI, do I need to redo a locator form and VeriFLY pass since it has the plane seat number on? I sure hope not!

Small thing, app wouldn’t release the pass for UK until I put in a dummy arrival test number. We don’t have that since we’ll stay airside and we’re just transiting but the app still wanted a arrival test reference number so I put 0000000
A few weeks ago I was moved from 1A to 1K due to a malfunctioning seat. I was only informed upon entering the aircraft and the official record was never changed. I wasn’t sure if BA we’re trying to avoid the hassle of a new set of paperwork.

I also used a fake number on VeriFLY for the same reason. I think I entered not applicable or something like that.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:11 am

Seat change after locator form

hi,
I’m looking to change assigned seat at check in but I already filled out, printed and uploaded to VeriFLY the locator form which has my current seat number.
do I need to reprint the updated locator form if I change the seats? Or can I avoid that? I sure hope so
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Used/using verifly for AMS-LHR tommorow. Completed everything and checked in just now. Got a mobile boarding pass so I guess I’ll just whizz straight through pass the check in desks. Let’s see what comes about when I get to AMS (and LHR) tommorow.

will report back.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hyperspace
hi,
I’m looking to change assigned seat at check in but I already filled out, printed and uploaded to VeriFLY the locator form which has my current seat number.
do I need to reprint the updated locator form if I change the seats? Or can I avoid that? I sure hope so
In theory you need to do a new PLF. In reality we known NHST&T are using very blunt logic on any positive cases, such as putting the whole aircraft under contact tracing, so personally if it was a move of a few rows I wouldn't bother. You could also enter "n/a" and leave it like that.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:27 am

Here’s my recent experience with VeriFly on a MXP-LHR-LAX

I uploaded all docs and tests for both the UK and US passes. A bit cumbersome but straightforward. Got green passes for me and the kids so proceeded to check in.
At MXP agent briefly asked if we had the tests and docs but that was it, they proceeded to print boarding passes for both LHR and LAX.

No further check on my verifly passes until boarding the LAX flight where gate agent requested to see the passes. Another agent was actually going around the gate area pushing for people to download verifly and use it.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:02 am

VeriFLY for LHR to KEF?

Have a very early flight to Reykjavík on Tuesday. Contacted BA as I cannot see any area in Manage my Booking where I can upload the proof of my double vaccination. They said I should use VeriFLY to upload. I was surprised that this would work for a flight FROM london to Iceland but the rep told me VeriFLY was now used on all flights…
i doubt it as I cannot see any option to select Iceland in the app. Am I wrong? Thank you
PS: apologies if this is not the right sub-forum to post!!
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had it all filled in for our return from ANU to LGW , agent at the desk simply refused to look at it and insisted on paper copies of everything. No checks at all at LGW other than egates with passport.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
I assume VeriFly will be useless upon arrival in Warsaw on Jul. 23?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Well, been checking this thread for any experience at Madeira, so gave it all a try yesterday. Created my trip with booking reference etc. Uploaded my Negative test kindly provided by the local health authorities yesterday for Free. Did my PLF this morning with added Paid for Day 2 test reference. Everything went Green in the Verifly APP. Online checking opened an hour ago. I would bet my life I wouldn’t be able to get my boarding Pass, but low and behold I was able to retrieve it! Is this Verifly at work!?

Now, let’s see whether this actually speeds my Bag Drop up tomorrow at Funchal, or I just end up in a single long line with all the other passengers that didn’t do this !

Will report back tomorrow!
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FrenchInLondon
Have a very early flight to Reykjavík on Tuesday. Contacted BA as I cannot see any area in Manage my Booking where I can upload the proof of my double vaccination. They said I should use VeriFLY to upload. I was surprised that this would work for a flight FROM london to Iceland but the rep told me VeriFLY was now used on all flights…
i doubt it as I cannot see any option to select Iceland in the app. Am I wrong? Thank you
PS: apologies if this is not the right sub-forum to post!!
Only some locations are on VeriFLY, and Iceland isn't in my catalogue either. Flights from Iceland to UK are in scope though. More information on this limitation is upthread.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:16 pm
iDo

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Gold, HHonors Gold.
Tried to use Verifly for my flight from Palma today, but sadly my flight (BA2807) wasn’t available in the app to select

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.