Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dwugson
I could check in on the app but the boarding pass on my phone was not accepted by security — they wanted a paper one and I still had to show my negative COVID test at the desk before that was issued
When I go into the AA app and try to access the BP for my BA flight to JFK, that connects to AA flights, I get told that LHR does not support mobile boarding passes.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NDFan
I have one booking VLC-LHR-BOS with overnight in LHR.
I have two separate trips on Verifly: one is VLC-LHR which is showing green. The LHR - BOS I cannot complete until tomorrow.

Online check-in show the two separate flights and asks me which one I want to check-in; I tried VLC-LHR but it says they cannot verify Covid docs.
Maybe you cannot check-in for first flight only, even though second flight is next day?
Yes,I think that's the problem. VeriFLY works best for simple trips. It may be that once you get the USA sector in to VeriFLY it will work, but I would not be surprised if it's a go to check in outcome.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Can't use verifly for my SFO-LHR tomorrow. It won't approve my vaccine because I am on Dose 3/2.

If I shipped something like this at my job, I would be so fired.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:30 pm

I used a saved scan of my vaccine card from after my second dose just in case and they accepted that. Any chance you have a picture of an older version lying around?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Can't use verifly for my SFO-LHR tomorrow. It won't approve my vaccine because I am on Dose 3/2.

If I shipped something like this at my job, I would be so fired.
I used my booster dose, albeit via QR code, and it was fine with that. I had that back in early October so well over the 2 week lag. This shows as 3 out of 3 on the NHS system.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GWFan
I used a saved scan of my vaccine card from after my second dose just in case and they accepted that. Any chance you have a picture of an older version lying around?
Not going to bother, will just show docs at the airport. I already have seats selected so I'm not rushing to do OLCI. I am simply disappointed when I see chimpanzee-level software quality.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I used my booster dose, albeit via QR code, and it was fine with that. I had that back in early October so well over the 2 week lag. This shows as 3 out of 3 on the NHS system.
Mine is by QR code as well, issued by state of California. This looks like a straight up integer equality check fail so if yours worked I'd be curious what data it showed on the screen below for you, and what the route was.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:32 pm

My route was LHR-BOS and ORD-LHR. At QR level it shows as 3 out of 3 if I use an external decoder. Because it was immediately accepted I don't get to see VeriFLY response. Did you try the manual upload instead?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My route was LHR-BOS and ORD-LHR. At QR level it shows as 3 out of 3 if I use an external decoder. Because it was immediately accepted I don't get to see VeriFLY response. Did you try the manual upload instead?
Interesting. Wonder if they have some code paths such that it works for NHS verification but not SMART.

I could do the manual review. Never used the app before so I'm not sure if they'll validate it in time anyway.

EDIT: Manual review not accepted because card from the Apple Health app doesn't have DOB on it, it's encoded in the QR code. VeriFLY app says they can't manual verify QR codes, lmao. I guess they want a photo of my CDC card which, as a photo, wouldn't be distinguishable from me just printing a fake card onto normal paper.

Easier to just do at the airport.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 9, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Verifly worked fine for my NAP-LHR today. It's presented very logically now and as long as you have locally loaded copies of all the docs then it's not a major faff.

The checkin agent at NAP said it makes a huge impact on queues for checkin if things have to be done at the airport when only 2 staff are allocated to checkin. 2 of us were checked in and bags loaded within 2 mins today.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Used Verifly for our journey back from MIA last week and it worked a treat, the check-in agent was so appreciative of how simple it made the whole transaction. No difficulty in loading documents.
We were helping another older traveler who was still using paper. He took closer to 10 minutes to get sorted, ours took less than 2.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone had any luck with VeriFLY/OLCI at SOF recently? I have a family member who's traveling tomorrow, has completed verifly and got confirmation and yet ba.com says "Online check-in not available".
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:48 am

Flying back to MIA from London last week, Verifly made me put in our CDC vaccination again. We have both had two doses plus the booster. I put in my card and the date of the booster dose and it wouldn't accept it. I did the same for my wife and it accepted it. I then changed the last vaccination date on mine to the date of the second dose, same card with three doses shown, and it accepted it! Go figure!
Old Dec 10, 2021, 7:43 am

I have a return flight from Boston to Heathrow operated by American Airlines, booked with BA. Verifly requires me to enter the AA flight details, not the BA codeshare details. The problem is that my BA 6 character booking reference contains some numbers. Verifly won't accept this because AA booking references are apparently all letters. Verifly Support (who have been very responsive) say I must 'do a manual check-in at the airport'.
I can get Verifly to accept a wrong booking reference of any 6 letters but I'm not sure if that will help at all.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Welcome to FT DaveWA and congratulations on your first post

You will have a different code for your AA flight which you should be able to use. If you go in to seat selection on your BA booking you should see the AA booking code shown there next to the AA flights.
casey89 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:14 am

Verify help page state the following for BA:
VeriFLY supports all international flights into the United Kingdom.
Source: https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-...ritish-Airways

​​​​​​Set up a flight from LCA-LHR, everything checked including manual check on the new pre departure LFD certificate, got the green tick.

Only to find come check in that check in is unavailable.

Turns out on the BA page:
excluding from Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Portugal
Source: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/entry-requirements

I've set up the trip with the flight details and VeriFly is giving me a green tick even though they know they don't support that location.

Reuploaded to the equally poor BA Salesforce form, hopefully they'll check them in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.