Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Not asked for it at first check in at dxb at close to midnight

Regards

Tbs
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
CDG-LHR-DXB next week so will be transiting LHR.

My understanding is that I don’t need a UK PLF as I’ll be transiting airside.

However, how do I get VeriFLY to understand this as it’s asking me for the QR of the PLF for the CDG-LHR flight?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:11 pm

Flew to BER recently.

Required doc was vaccination certificate - uploaded okay, verified after one day.

Verifly clearly stated that a passenger is required to complete the Digitale Einreiseanmeldung (Germany’s equivalent of the UK’s Passenger Locator Form) but isn’t required to upload it. So I didn’t. But I received an email subsequently that my documents were incomplete because I hadn’t uploaded the DE. A total disconnect.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Flew to BER recently.

Required doc was vaccination certificate - uploaded okay, verified after one day.

Verifly clearly stated that a passenger is required to complete the Digitale Einreiseanmeldung (Germany’s equivalent of the UK’s Passenger Locator Form) but isn’t required to upload it. So I didn’t. But I received an email subsequently that my documents were incomplete because I hadn’t uploaded the DE. A total disconnect.
If flying LH they allow you to upload the German PLF via their version of MMB.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have been playing around with VeriFLY to see how it interacts with BA MMB and OLCI, and in particular whether it allows a boarding pass to be printed. Now there are many reasons why a boarding pass proves to be elusive (and a whole separate thread, via the BA Forum Dashboard). But on a route where VeriFLY is strongly encouraged - e.g. USA and Canada, there is a specific message on OLCI where BA hasn't seen your VeriFLY input. Viz.:

This appears in the OLCI process on the screen before the seat selection / confirmation. If you have done VeriFLY and you have the Ready to Travel pass with the green tick but see the above then something has gone wrong, so check the obvious details in VeriFLY such as flight numbers and dates. Normally if you have the Ready to Travel pass then almost immediately OLCI takes you on to the usual seat selection/fconfirmation screen. This is the same in App, tablet and PC versions. Occasionally the feed of data from VeriFLY to BA is disrupted, but usually the above message would go once you have got a correctly lined up Ready to Travel pass.
Didn't work quite that smoothly for me, on my Sunday flight LHR->SFO. Verifly accepted all the info promptly, but I got the error you mentioned several times over the 24 hours before the flight, including the morning of. Finally, about 2 hours before the 11am flight, I was suddenly able to get a boarding pass.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I suspect the problem does lie with VeriFLY for us.

Has anyone managed to check in online for a BA itinerary originating outside the UK? We are flying CDG-LHR-DXB tomorrow and have completed VeriFLY for the LHR-DXB leg. But now BA says we need to have our documents checked at the airport and won’t let us check in or select seats for free (we are BA blue). Does anyone have some advice or recent experience?

The error message is:“ We’re sorry, your online check-in can’t be completed right now. We may not have been able to verify your health documentation – check travel and entry requirements here. Please proceed to the airport with your required documentation to check-in and collect your boarding pass.”
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well you are basically in the scenario just mentioned above, namely that the automated side isn't working for you, perhaps due to the CDG-LHR leg. At the risk of asking the obvious, did VeriFLY give you a pass for CDG-LHR, in other words have you put in a PLF + transit sector for that?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:59 am

I’m going the same route next Saturday and I asked a similar question in post 767 albeit more around PLF and VeriFLY.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by StingWest
Didn't work quite that smoothly for me, on my Sunday flight LHR->SFO. Verifly accepted all the info promptly, but I got the error you mentioned several times over the 24 hours before the flight, including the morning of. Finally, about 2 hours before the 11am flight, I was suddenly able to get a boarding pass.
There clearly is an automated side to this from my experiments (I used another flight number, switched to the second flight number, then Amadeus within 2 seconds triggered an update). Your experience suggests a manual component - do you have a hypernated, common or unusual surname? And/or are there more than 1 person on the PNR?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
If flying LH they allow you to upload the German PLF via their version of MMB.
I believe BA also allows this to be uploaded, but there’s a specific message on screen that says you DON’T have to upload it. Hence it was confusing when subsequently someone came back to say because it wasn’t uploaded, the documents are considered incomplete.

So - just upload your vaccination cert and the German PLF together, regardless of what message the screen displays.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:18 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well you are basically in the scenario just mentioned above, namely that the automated side isn't working for you, perhaps due to the CDG-LHR leg. At the risk of asking the obvious, did VeriFLY give you a pass for CDG-LHR, in other words have you put in a PLF + transit sector for that?
Hi CWS, thanks as always for your help. We did look at doing VeriFLY for CDG-LHR but it wanted us to put in a PLF. My understanding from Gov UK was we don’t need a PLF for an airside transit. Is that right? We therefore didn’t generate a CDG-LHR pass on VeriFLY and just stuck with an LHR-DXB pass. This is our first time using VeriFLY, as you may be able to tell.

Happily, an amazing BA agent at NCL has sorted us out today after we checked in for AF NCL-CDG. He checked our documents and checked us in for the flights from CDG.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Has anyone managed to check in online for a BA itinerary originating outside the UK?
Yes - NCE-LHR last Tuesday.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Hi CWS, thanks as always for your help. We did look at doing VeriFLY for CDG-LHR but it wanted us to put in a PLF. My understanding from Gov UK was we don’t need a PLF for an airside transit. Is that right? We therefore didn’t generate a CDG-LHR pass on VeriFLY and just stuck with an LHR-DXB pass. This is our first time using VeriFLY, as you may be able to tell..
That is correct, airside transfers no longer need a PLF but that's a recent change, which isn't widely known. Personally I would do the PLF, it doesn't take long to complete, it avoids problems with ground staff, and works for VeriFLY.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:19 am

VeriFLY updated for new UK pre departure test requirement?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know when VeriFLY will be updated to reflect the new rule changes?

I have just received the following email from BA which suggests that pre departure negative result will have to be uploaded to the app. However, the app is still showing a green tick next to test results as I have uploaded my vaccine certificate.

thanks

Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I am flying BA from Heathrow to Manchester on Tuesday and back Wednesday.

Verifly wants a PLF but the Gov site says I don't need one for travel within the UK, any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.