Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm on the 288 from PHX-LHR and it looks as if half the flight are queuing to get their Verifly docs checked.
Should delay us by a good half hour - xant have a BA flight on time.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by xenole
I'm on the 288 from PHX-LHR and it looks as if half the flight are queuing to get their Verifly docs checked.
Should delay us by a good half hour - xant have a BA flight on time.
Interesting, wonder if UK Government changes are the problem. I've used Verifly successfully up until now when Verifly gives a green tick but BA won't let me check-in. It's really annoying as I have a long layover and planned to use the lounges at LAX. Of course without a Boarding Pass they won't let me in so I have to go to BA, hope they are open, and then go back through Security.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Interesting, wonder if UK Government changes are the problem. I've used Verifly successfully up until now when Verifly gives a green tick but BA won't let me check-in. It's really annoying as I have a long layover and planned to use the lounges at LAX. Of course without a Boarding Pass they won't let me in so I have to go to BA, hope they are open, and then go back through Security.
It's possible they could check in and came to the gate with hand luggage? Seems hit and miss.

I got named called to come up to the desk.
Had them checked at San Jose.
Missed my flight from LAX due to a late connection, so flew from PHX. They rebooked me in the Admiral's Club, but checked nothing there bar my passport.
Quick flash of my pass with the green (wrong flight still showing) and nothing else.

Question..
I'm flying to SOF next week.
Then SOF to LHR, and then transitting to JFK.

Do I have to do Verifly 3 times?
Also does it know whether you need a PCR / Allergen test etc.?
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Question..
I'm flying to SOF next week.
Then SOF to LHR, and then transitting to JFK.

Do I have to do Verifly 3 times?
Also does it know whether you need a PCR / Allergen test etc.?
So I am doing the same in mid-December and there are some challenges. There is a report on SOF that Verifly didn't work on the way back.
I have my PCR booked for SOF and plan to use that to enter the US. I cannot fly out BA so am on Easyjet (wish me luck).
Then I'll do a Verifly SOF-LHR to see if it works and then a separate LHR-JFK.
Today I am going LAX-LHR-CDG staying airside. PLF works fine with this, but not Verifly.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Worked for me

VeriFLY worked seamlessly for me today. Lateral Flow at 12:57 at St Paul’s (Express Test) and by the time I got to Notting Hill results were back. Uploaded to VeriFLY and approved by the time I got to Paddington. Checked in online but no boarding pass issued so got to collect them from TFW in the morning.
John
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:31 am

flying DUS-LHR-JFK tomorrow, uploaded everything to Verifly yesterday for the LHR-JFK leg as supposed to, got my verify pass but still can't checkin online. Anyone had the same issue on transiting journeys?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Markie
So I am doing the same in mid-December and there are some challenges. There is a report on SOF that Verifly didn't work on the way back.
I have my PCR booked for SOF and plan to use that to enter the US. I cannot fly out BA so am on Easyjet (wish me luck).
Then I'll do a Verifly SOF-LHR to see if it works and then a separate LHR-JFK.
Today I am going LAX-LHR-CDG staying airside. PLF works fine with this, but not Verifly.
I uploaded my Covid vaccination certificates for LHR-SOF earlier, and it went through fine.
Also did the SOF-LHR and the same (plus the covid test bit, stage 2, is ticked as well).
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by xenole
At DFW this week, it took BA less than five seconds to look at the green Verifly screen on my phone. So that was easy. However, they were also checking Day 2 test reservation / payment receipts, even though that is part of the Verifly process, to confirm that the Day 2 test met the new British requirements that came into effect this week. So that part slowed everything down for everyone
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
last week out to SFO and back to LHR, both check in agents delighted to see a green tick, boarding passes issued quickly and a ‘normal checkin’

J
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
At DFW this week, it took BA less than five seconds to look at the green Verifly screen on my phone. So that was easy. However, they were also checking Day 2 test reservation / payment receipts, even though that is part of the Verifly process, to confirm that the Day 2 test met the new British requirements that came into effect this week. So that part slowed everything down for everyone
At NCE yesterday I was about to show Verifly on my phone but the agent told me that my Verifly status was already showing on the computer as ready to travel so I didn't need to.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
What's the cutoff for VeriFLY? I ask because:

5 days ago, I booked a flight from AMS to LCY last minute (2 hours before departure) and I couldn't add my trip in the app. Therefore, I couldn't check in and had to book another flight. Slightly annoying but it was with Avios so it was just a matter of voucher for another flight.

I'm guessing it's around the 3 or 4 hour mark before departure?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
I just finished my first verifly pass and everything went well but when I display the final pass there is this green ring around my photo but under above the photo where the date of birth is supposed to be display it display just month of my birth and year (it looks like this -> " 6. 1989"). I removed the trip, added new one and on the first page of adding new trip at the very bottom there is the date of birth select boxes and I am 100% sure I filled it correctly (I had to choose option from drop down boxes and the months were written by its name so it is fail proof).

I tried to contact the verifly support but no response yet. I know that how it looks like right now (6. 1989 instead of 26.6.1989) it is useless :/ But if I go to the manage my trip the DOB is displayed correctly which means I entered it right but it is displayed wrong on the pass itself :/ Has anyone experienced the same problem as I have? If so how did you solve this?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
I used Verifly with no issues from Barbados yesterday. I had to show the app, not sure why you do at some places and not at others.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I used Verifly with no issues from Barbados yesterday. I had to show the app, not sure why you do at some places and not at others.
and was there any QR code after you finished the verifly pass? Or just a photo with green ring and that is it? Also was your birthday displayed correctly?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: BA, IB, Vueling, Accor, Hilton
Trip Wed 1 Dec BCN-LHR : Verifly process worked well, seamless ‘approval to checkin’ on BA and smooth checkin/fasttrack/security at Barcelona. The Verifly app itself has been improved immeasurably since early versions. I think, on balance it has been a reasonable, perhaps good, performance by the IT team.

Obviously there are wrinkles yet to be addressed. [I am thinking particularly of those older generations, like myself, who struggle with the small keyboards, attaching documents from Google into Apple and auto-correct on our mobiles! We may have learned how to do it on PCs and even large tablets, but mobiles…. !!] A simple one to fix could be a sense check on record locator. A duplicated digit in my first attempt led to much head-scratching and eventual need to delete app and start with my photo again. The app could check it is only 6 digits! That is an example, there are many others. Help the aged!

A question to the experts : my return trip LHR-BCN. My version of the app covers the trip, good. But only for AA and EI. Is that correct, or have I corrupted the app. Genuine question from the ‘IT challenged’! It just seems ‘odd’.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.