Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:30 pm

Quick question - if I'm transiting LHR to somewhere else (MAD) from the US, do I need to select 'A Trip to the UK'? When I select Spain, it actually doesn't give me an option to pick BA - only AA and Aer Lingus.

EDIT: Nvm, looks like it's not supported.

Last edited by stupidhead; Dec 7, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You need a trip for the UK for USA to LHR service. It's not unusual for BA not to offer VeriFLY for services leaving the UK, in the case of Spain the requirements are currently fairly minimal and it probably doesn't warrant a VeriFLY solution. However BA has committed to adding in other sectors by the end of the year.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can confirm that for flights to the UK, now requiring a pre flight test within 2 days of departure, that VeriFLY accepts certificates from Klarity as proof of testing. I've put a few more details in the main thread, in the UK Arrival thread in the Coronavirus and Travel forum.
PETER01 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You need a trip for the UK for USA to LHR service. It's not unusual for BA not to offer VeriFLY for services leaving the UK, in the case of Spain the requirements are currently fairly minimal and it probably doesn't warrant a VeriFLY solution. However BA has committed to adding in other sectors by the end of the year.
Okay, thanks. That makes sense.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
A word of warning - currently at JFK, all Verifly completed and ticked off as ready to fly including a boarding pass with my TSA pre check. Only thing missing was a document check which I usually do in the lounge. When I went to the TSA precheck area my phone boarding pass was refused- the would only accept a paper one - and I had to check in in person and show the same documents that had already been checked by Verifly. In addition the new boarding pass did not show my pre check.

The economy line stretched right across the terminal although biz and first lines were very short.

Hopefully they'll improve things over the next few days, the overcrowded lines with no social distancing was an ideal place for spread of the Omicron.

Last edited by dwugson; Dec 7, 2021 at 5:00 pm Reason: clarity
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by stupidhead
Quick question - if I'm transiting LHR to somewhere else (MAD) from the US, do I need to select 'A Trip to the UK'? When I select Spain, it actually doesn't give me an option to pick BA - only AA and Aer Lingus.

EDIT: Nvm, looks like it's not supported.
Just struggling with VeriFly for my YUL-LHR-PRG trip. The suggestion was to add only the last leg which is LHR to PRG on BA.
The only choice the app offers is Aer Lingus from Dublin.
So I am stuck and will not bother with this any longer.
All paperwork to show at the airport.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:46 am

And I would give the same answer, just enter YUL-LHR. Czech has slightly more restrictions than Spain, but not enough to put the route on VeriFLY yet.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
And I would give the same answer, just enter YUL-LHR. Czech has slightly more restrictions than Spain, but not enough to put the route on VeriFLY yet.
Thanks, will give it a try.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Worked like a dream this morning for my JFK tomorrow. Got the green tick once I uploaded my test results and almost immediately I could check in on the BA app.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by mrdisco
Worked like a dream this morning for my JFK tomorrow. Got the green tick once I uploaded my test results and almost immediately I could check in on the BA app.
I could check in on the app but the boarding pass on my phone was not accepted by security — they wanted a paper one and I still had to show my negative COVID test at the desk before that was issued
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a flight to ZRH on Saturday and currently trying to complete Verifly for a trip to Switzerland.

All works well except for the last part (4- Before you go to the airport). There is a statement asking to confirm that I have not travelled to any red list country (including the UK) for the last 14 days.
as I live in the UK, i can't therefore confirm that statement and cannot complete the Verifly process.
Am I missing something or does it mean that UK residents travelling to CH cannot use Verifly?
Thank you
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:05 am

Verifly seems to be a waste of time. I downloaded the app and uploaded all required documents and got a green "ready to fly".
However, I can't check in online for a flight tomorrow because BA online check-in says they can't verify my Covid docs! They suggest I download Verify which I have already done!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: US Gold
Solved now. Never mind.

wg

Last edited by wendyg; Dec 9, 2021 at 10:59 am
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by NDFan
Verifly seems to be a waste of time. I downloaded the app and uploaded all required documents and got a green "ready to fly".
However, I can't check in online for a flight tomorrow because BA online check-in says they can't verify my Covid docs! They suggest I download Verify which I have already done!
Out of interest, is this just a siimple booking such as JFK-LHR, or are there, for example, additional sectors onthe booking?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:15 am

Out of interest, is this just a siimple booking such as JFK-LHR, or are there, for example, additional sectors onthe booking?
I have one booking VLC-LHR-BOS with overnight in LHR.
I have two separate trips on Verifly: one is VLC-LHR which is showing green. The LHR - BOS I cannot complete until tomorrow.

Online check-in show the two separate flights and asks me which one I want to check-in; I tried VLC-LHR but it says they cannot verify Covid docs.
Maybe you cannot check-in for first flight only, even though second flight is next day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.