Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
Thank you so much. Quick question: we have a connecting flight same day tomorrow on AA from TPA to PHL and after 3 hours layover to LHR on BA. What if the connecting is delayed, cancelled etc. and we need to rebook for 2nd or 3rd January. Is the original test (done today) still valid or is validity extended for delayed or rebooked flights?
A test done today is valid for travel today (Friday), Saturday and Sunday. So the 2nd is ok, the 3rd is not. If TPA-PHL goes whats-it, then ideally get rerouted via MIA or JFK for the same day if you can. I see a CLT (on AA) and ORD connecting flight leaving around the same time as the PHL connection. And if offered the choice, the answer is always CLT!
OGG flyer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A test done today is valid for travel today (Friday), Saturday and Sunday. So the 2nd is ok, the 3rd is not. If TPA-PHL goes whats-it, then ideally get rerouted via MIA or JFK for the same day if you can. I see a CLT (on AA) and ORD connecting flight leaving around the same time as the PHL connection. And if offered the choice, the answer is always CLT!
Thank you!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
Completed all Verifly trip and health requirements, green ticks on all and advised that we are ready to travel.
Tried to check in 18.15 and told error, you can’t check in on line & need to show your passports and advanced
passenger information must be checked at the airport. I’m furious, I’ve spent hrs & hrs compiling all of the
information , and at each stage getting the ok, only to be eventually told it’s no good.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Try again in a few hours. As you can see from the data points upthread, it may work later, and even if it does not do so, when you get to the airport it should save a fair amount of time, depending on your route.
biscuitbiscuit likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.
Thanks for your reply, yes rant now over and as you say, if it helps to get us
through the airport quicker I will be very pleased. Sorry, we are flying to
Cape Town
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Confus
Under current UK rules, entrants to the country must go straight to their place of isolation until they receive the results of a PCR test. Wandering round London, Windsor or wherever doesn’t really meet this requirement.
thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of that requirement. I guess we'll just relax in the lounge lol
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:00 pm

If it's just LHR-CPT then I would expect boarding passes to appear at some point, maybe in the PC version more than the App. But in theory showing your green Ready to Fly screen and a swipe of the passport will throw out a boarding pass very quickly. It's more annoying if HBO.

Look out for the VeriFLY check-in desks, they tend to move quickly. That is in Zone G if you are WT or WTP, and it may be useful if the nearby Club check-in area is busy.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 31, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Jeebus, after spending a total of a few hours this time between multiple uploads to VeriFly and uploading documents to BA's separate upload thing, the term dog's dinner is appropriate when we couldn't OLCI. LIS-LHR-SFO and we've done this 5 times in the last 6 months and this time has been a kerfuffle, some times you just have to laugh. Tomorrow morning will just be an old fashioned check-in at the First Class counter, hopefully expedited by the VeriFly green checks... The VeriFly took 8 uploads to get a green check mark on mine, they thought it must have been an Antigen test with the quick turn around but it was an expedited PCR so they kept refusing it for "test type" until they read what had been submitted.....

I'm hoping that the lunch at the Concorde Room is good.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
100% failure rate on VeriFLY despite passing all the checks well before checkin

Outbound was fairly swift at the First wing and sorted quickly with the app. Will have to see how things go tomorrow at JFK but it's particularly irksome as I wanted to book window seats that opened up at checkin in F. Will have to roll the dice tomorrow I suppose.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:30 pm

All green on Verifly - BA.com won't let me check-in though. I think this is more their loss than mine, but it's all a bit of a pig's ear really! Cannot say I would recommend either at this point!

rb211.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:32 pm

I'd actually like to know who is receiving feedback for the BA/Verifly integration on the BA side. I would like to provide some constructive feedback!

rb211.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Checkin was fast at LIS

Check-in to LAX via LHR from LIS for two of us took about 5 min, looked at VeriFLY but she checked Covid and UK PLF printouts anyway.

Originally Posted by backdoc
Jeebus, after spending a total of a few hours this time between multiple uploads to VeriFly and uploading documents to BA's separate upload thing, the term dog's dinner is appropriate when we couldn't OLCI. LIS-LHR-SFO and we've done this 5 times in the last 6 months and this time has been a kerfuffle, some times you just have to laugh. Tomorrow morning will just be an old fashioned check-in at the First Class counter, hopefully expedited by the VeriFly green checks... The VeriFly took 8 uploads to get a green check mark on mine, they thought it must have been an Antigen test with the quick turn around but it was an expedited PCR so they kept refusing it for "test type" until they read what had been submitted.....

I'm hoping that the lunch at the Concorde Room is good.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Sitting in the Galleries south at the moment…..checked in for the BA 57 to Jnb, showed my Verifly pass and no issues at all. Check in took all of 3 mins and we were on our way…
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Very slow for the PCR / LF results to be approved today. Normally I get the green tick in a matter of minutes. Been waiting nearly two hours.......
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Very slow for the PCR / LF results to be approved today. Normally I get the green tick in a matter of minutes. Been waiting nearly two hours.......
Maybe less staff on duty for manual reviews due to New Year’s Day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.