Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:38 pm

BA.com:
"We haven’t verified COVID-19 travel documents for everyone travelling on this booking. Passengers cannot check in until we verify all required documents. Add documents below or check your verification status."

Verifly:
"Ready to travel" for over 24 hours now.

Do the two systems not talk to each other?

rb211.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:11 pm

Return to UK date

Getting ready to return to LHR from YVR.

Flight leaves YVR on 3 Jan, arriving 4 Jan. But when VeriFLY automatically populates flight time it seems it uses UK time for departure time.. so if I select flight date as 3 Jan, it populates departure of 0505 3 Jan, arrival 1425 3 Jan (but in reality that is the 2 Jan departure from YVR - 2105 2 Jan, arrival 1425 3 Jan), so its autopopulating with the incorrect flight time/date.

I assume I should be selecting the accurate flight date in the date field, and ignore that the auto populated flight time/dates are incorrect?

Anyone else seen this problem?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Apologies... may I bring up again my question?
Originally Posted by Lefly
How VeriFLY manages trips to US with overnight connecting flights in relation to the new times requirements for Covid tests?
My itinerary is
AMS-HEL /overnight/ HEL-LHR-JFK. If I take the test 1 day before the first flight, is VeriFLY going to accept it or not since the LHR-JFK is basically on day two?
Could also BA have problems with it?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro

The two screen grabs are from a communication I had with Verifly. I'm thinking I need to wait to actually have my Antigen test, with QR code, before I can insert? Or does there need to actually be a template available for my origin-destination - LAX-OPO, for me to scan a QR code and then enter my flight information. Lol, I am really confused now. (I forgot to remove the CSR name, but she was very nice, very helpful.) I really just want to verify that I am not jumping the gun looking for a template before I get my test results. Cheers
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tack
The two screen grabs are from a communication I had with Verifly. I'm thinking I need to wait to actually have my Antigen test, with QR code, before I can insert? Or does there need to actually be a template available for my origin-destination - LAX-OPO, for me to scan a QR code and then enter my flight information. Lol, I am really confused now. (I forgot to remove the CSR name, but she was very nice, very helpful.) I really just want to verify that I am not jumping the gun looking for a template before I get my test results. Cheers
Portugal is currently not on the VeriFLY set up for BA, not least because Portugal's restrictions are relatively modest. More information about this upthread - only a subset of BA's services are on VeriFLY. You don't need a QR code on the antigen or PCR test. You just show the test results at check-in if asked, then again in Portugal, and it will help if you have the Portugal Locator form printed out too.
Tack likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Not sure if things have been resolved now, but In case anybody is having issues uploading the U.K. PLF - it is a known issue with VeriFLY and they are working to rectify it. In addition, the pilot on tonight’s (Monday 3rd) BA208, claims one of the reasons for our delay is due to a VeriFLY outage which significantly slowed down Covid doc checks for passengers. On the U.K. PLF issue - we just kept trying to upload until it finally was accepted, but it took several hours.

Pilot37
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Not sure if things have been resolved now, but In case anybody is having issues uploading the U.K. PLF - it is a known issue with VeriFLY and they are working to rectify it. In addition, the pilot on tonight’s (Monday 3rd) BA208, claims one of the reasons for our delay is due to a VeriFLY outage which significantly slowed down Covid doc checks for passengers. On the U.K. PLF issue - we just kept trying to upload until it finally was accepted, but it took several hours.

Pilot37
Was there a reason why you couldn’t scan the PLF QR code in to VeriFLY instead of uploading the document?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: BA
I used VeriFLY a couple of days ago coming back from Italy, the airport this time didn't check my docs so presume something showed that they had been verified already, they did check them in Sept despite uploading to both BA and VeriFLY. Still have to manually upload Vaccine Certificate as NHS use the short form of my name which triggers VeriFLY to reject it on QR code scan as it doesn't match name on my passport.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Was there a reason why you couldn’t scan the PLF QR code in to VeriFLY instead of uploading the document?
Neither feature worked, it appeared to be trying to verify the document (whether uploaded or scanned via the QR code) before an upload error was shown as it appeared to time out.

Pilot37
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
US Attestation check

Checked in at The First Wing for BA207 (MIA), yesterday, using a fully completed VeriFLY and was told that I had to re-do the attestation, using a QR code displayed by the check-in desk. The agent needed to see the resulting email confirmation before check-in could take place. Anyone else experienced this?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Just to add one additional data point, Verifly worked perfectly at Istanbul coming back to LHR on 2 January. Check in staff well aware of it and no additional documents were required to be shown.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Just used VeriFLY at LGW without any issues. Just wish Express Test was as efficient I had to chase them for my result overnight.
John
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by bestcoastflyer
Getting ready to return to LHR from YVR.

Flight leaves YVR on 3 Jan, arriving 4 Jan. But when VeriFLY automatically populates flight time it seems it uses UK time for departure time.. so if I select flight date as 3 Jan, it populates departure of 0505 3 Jan, arrival 1425 3 Jan (but in reality that is the 2 Jan departure from YVR - 2105 2 Jan, arrival 1425 3 Jan), so its autopopulating with the incorrect flight time/date.

I assume I should be selecting the accurate flight date in the date field, and ignore that the auto populated flight time/dates are incorrect?

Anyone else seen this problem?
I think this was mentioned up thread as well and I'm grappling with the same issue for my mother's flight back to the UK on Thursday (late US pm) which is showing in the app as Friday am UK, and hence if I use those dates it won't let me upload today's (2 day ahead travel) COVID test as it's a day "early". What a cluster.

Any solutions other than forcing the correct date of departure and ignoring the mess the app then makes of the flight time & date?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Guy Traveller
Checked in at The First Wing for BA207 (MIA), yesterday, using a fully completed VeriFLY and was told that I had to re-do the attestation, using a QR code displayed by the check-in desk. The agent needed to see the resulting email confirmation before check-in could take place. Anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I had the same thing happen at the First Wing - but it was about a month ago! Instead of the QR code displayed at the desk, they had put it on a stand-alone sign that one saw when approaching the end of the queue for the FW.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Grrrrrr. I feel sure I'm flying BA to Amsterdam tomorrow.....

UPDATE - Looking in Verifly at the list of supported destinations (last updated July 2021) the Netherlands is supported for AA and Aer Lingus but not for BA. Have gone through the TRAVELDOCS.BA.COM links instead.

Wondering why the discrepancy for BA.

Last edited by David_Doyle; Jan 5, 2022 at 3:41 am Reason: Updated info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.