Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
For the first time today, VeriFLY app had warning that it would take over 60 minutes to approve documents or I could pay to be prioritised. £9 for one person, £15 for more than 1 person. I declined.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA,HILTON HONOURS, AMERICAN AADVANTAGE. Hertz Gold,
Verifly

Worked really well on our BA 281 LHR-LAX 08/12/20121 and the return BA280 Some several weeks later
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
For the first time today, VeriFLY app had warning that it would take over 60 minutes to approve documents or I could pay to be prioritised. £9 for one person, £15 for more than 1 person. I declined.
I had that at the end of December. I too declined.

rb211.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:03 pm

Does anyone know if they've fixed their main time zone handling issue?

rb211.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Does anyone know how quickly Verifly gets updated when the rules change? I have a trip to Switzerland on 26/1. Yesterday, on 22/1, the rules for Switzerland changed such that a negative test prior to boarding is not required for fully vaccinated people. However Verifly is still asking for a negative test result and a vaccination certificate, ie it is wrong.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aoyamaguy
Does anyone know how quickly Verifly gets updated when the rules change? I have a trip to Switzerland on 26/1. Yesterday, on 22/1, the rules for Switzerland changed such that a negative test prior to boarding is not required for fully vaccinated people. However Verifly is still asking for a negative test result and a vaccination certificate, ie it is wrong.
Usually VeriFLY updates within a day or two of regulation changes. Are you able to put in a vaccine certificate before the test? What has happened in other places is that once the vaccine certificate is OK'd then the test requirement greys out.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
That’s not happening unfortunately (ie I have uploaded vaccination cert but the testing item is not greyed out so it’s still asking me for a test cert). Hopefully it will fix itself in the next couple of days.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:32 am

When England eased its test requirements earlier this month, Verifly didn't update immediately on the day. I dropped a line to Verifly customer service and by the time I had received a reply a couple of hours later, the app had updated and I showed 'fit to fly' without any further intervention needed on my part.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:04 pm

Anyone an idea why I can’t select BA as a carrier for a trip to AMS. I thought VeriFLY could also be used for travel from the UK to EU countries?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by StanStorby
Anyone an idea why I can’t select BA as a carrier for a trip to AMS. I thought VeriFLY could also be used for travel from the UK to EU countries?
It can, but not NL. Some places require a data upload within MMB, other locations they just check at the gate if the requirements are low. I think NL is a check-at-the-gate location, due to some complexities relating to transfer passengers.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It can, but not NL. Some places require a data upload within MMB, other locations they just check at the gate if the requirements are low. I think NL is a check-at-the-gate location, due to some complexities relating to transfer passengers.
Thanks C-W-S.

Maybe useful info for others: on a recent BOI-SEA-LHR journey, I wasn't able to do OLCI.
At BOI, AS staff were able to check me in for the BOI-SEA leg, but they couldn't check me in for SEA-LHR.
I actually had to go to the BA Lounge in SEA where they could check me in after verifying in person my paper/digital documents (although VeriFLY had already given me a green tick).
The outbound journey was a lot easier/less complex. VeriFLY completed, all set, boarding passes issued.

Stan
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hitting a brick wall trying to OLCI for my SFO-JFK-LHR-MAN trip tomorrow. Got the green tick on VeriFly, but that's for the JFK-LHR trip (as that's the UK entering flight) - BA flight number on AA metal.

I'm assuming that's the issue here, as SFO will have to VeriFly my documents before issuing the boarding cards?

Is there a work around to get it to work, or is it just an airport check-in tomorrow?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:44 pm

If it's an AA operated flight then you are under AA's rules, not BA's, and you may get some pointers in the AA forum. However as mentioned upthread you need to enter the prime flight number, not the BA flight number, if it's a codeshare.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
Does anyone know if they've fixed their main time zone handling issue?

rb211.
This was an issue for several flying from the West Coast to LHR about a month ago... anyone know if it's fixed?

rb211.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by RB211
This was an issue for several flying from the West Coast to LHR about a month ago... anyone know if it's fixed?

rb211.
Note the workaround mentioned upthread, switching the phone to GMT, denying local network time-setting, entering the test result under GMT, then switching the phone back to local time and local networks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.