Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:34 am

I now have my negative Covid Test Certificate and was so excited but then I tried to add this to my verify trip.

I am flying EDI- LHR-CPT on 27th Jan leaving Edinburgh at 16.20 and then LHR at 21.40
My verify trip shows only my LHR-CPT flight and so it is expecting a PCR test 72 hours before 21.40 but the rules are actually 72 hours before my flight at 16.20 which my test complies with.
The system won't let me inout the PCR for review when I put the time of the test into the app

Am I doing something wrong or will Verify not work if your first BA flight is a domestic connection?

Thanks for any guidance
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
For AMS you have to upload the documents in MMB to be able to check in
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scotsgirl
Am I doing something wrong or will Verify not work if your first BA flight is a domestic connection?

Thanks for any guidance
No, and though VeriFLY does work with domestic connections, the process centres on the flight that takes you to SA, so it doesn't know about the domestic connection timings. If your PCR was timed to be OK from a London end it would be fine. So I suspect you will have to check-in at the airport. Obviously give it another go, but this is a level of complexity too far for VeriFLY in its current format.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Note the workaround mentioned upthread, switching the phone to GMT, denying local network time-setting, entering the test result under GMT, then switching the phone back to local time and local networks,
Thanks, c-w-s, but this has to do with the time of the flight from the West Coast being in GMT. If you pick the correct date (i.e. date that actually matches your departure time/date converted to GMT) then one cannot do early check-in because the date of the flight and the Verifly date doesn't match. If one enters the prior date then one cannot do early check-in for some other indeterminate reason. So this isn't to do with test date/times, but with flight times it works out all by itself, but in GMT which messes up dates for West Coast flights! That's how it was in late December.

rb211.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:15 pm

No, and though VeriFLY does work with domestic connections, the process centres on the flight that takes you to SA, so it doesn't know about the domestic connection timings. If your PCR was timed to be OK from a London end it would be fine. So I suspect you will have to check-in at the airport. Obviously give it another go, but this is a level of complexity too far for VeriFLY in its current format.
Thank you for your reply. I have had it confirmed by VeriFLY that they can't "deal with my connection" and as you suggested I will have to check-in at the airport. Given I don't have a seat booked it isn't ideal but at least I am flying again!

Unfortunately as the CPT flight is at 21.40 there was nothing open for in person testing yesterday evening after this time and I didn't want to wait until this morning to get my PCR test.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:29 am

So, connecting flights still do not work on Verifly? Flying AMS-LHR-IAD on Jan 31. I would need to set up two verifly passes?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Yes
I don't seem to be able to find "Denmark" on the list in Verifly - am I missing something? I thought people had used it for Denmark in the past...
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
So, connecting flights still do not work on Verifly? Flying AMS-LHR-IAD on Jan 31. I would need to set up two verifly passes?
You can just present your USA paperwork in AMS if you prefer, since if you are staying airside there are no UK requirements. And / or you can just do LHR-IAD only on Verifly and show that at AMS. AMS will know about the UK situation. I guess you could also do AMS-LHR but that will make you do a PLF, which for transit passengers is fairly quick to do, albeit unnecessary, and for some locations may be worth doing to shut off discussions. This may make it more likely for OLCI to work. But AMS isn't somewhere where there would be a discussion. Overall I guess it depends on whether you have any bags to check in. You have to get a passport scan somewhere down the line, and that's a pre-Covid requirement.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:11 am

You can just present your USA paperwork in AMS if you prefer, since if you are staying airside there are no UK requirements. And / or you can just do LHR-IAD only on Verifly and show that at AMS. AMS will know about the UK situation. I guess you could also do AMS-LHR but that will make you do a PLF, which for transit passengers is fairly quick to do, albeit unnecessary, and for some locations may be worth doing to shut off discussions. This may make it more likely for OLCI to work. But AMS isn't somewhere where there would be a discussion. Overall I guess it depends on whether you have any bags to check in. You have to get a passport scan somewhere down the line, and that's a pre-Covid requirement.
Thanks! No bags to check, and indeed would need to do the passport check as per pre-Covid, just would want to be able to do OLCI, so might just do two passes and present my passport at LHR as I used to do.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
CDG-LHR OLCI not possible despite Verifly Green

Just a data point. Last week it was fine and OLCI possible and this week it is not.

On the upside the interim schedules mean that I am taking the midday flights and have been very pleasantly surprised by the AA Lounge which closes at 3pm!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Am I doing something wrong??

I am flying MAN-LHR-FNC in a few days so setting up in the trip in VeriFLY

I select add trip to Portugal and then the only option it provides in select airline os EI for DUB-LIS

any ideas?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I select add trip to Portugal and then the only option it provides in select airline os EI for DUB-LIS

any ideas?
Not all European destinations use VeriFLY, more details upthread. FNC has a differet set of rules to the rest of Portugal.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Not all European destinations use VeriFLY, more details upthread. FNC has a differet set of rules to the rest of Portugal.
cheers. I will just have the paperwork ready for when asked.

I will use it for the return as there was reference above to using it at check in at FNC
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by HarryBA
I will use it for the return as there was reference above to using it at check in at FNC
Most destinations from the European mainland to UK are indeed on VeriFLY, and that's purely for the PLF and vaccination proof now.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I have a trip to the US on Saturday the 29th. Tried to begin to upload some documents to VeriFLY and after entering the initial flight and personal details I get the error message -

Unable to save.
Please ensure you have an existing pass that contains the "Confident Traveler - USA" - "Passenger Details" requirement.

Which is odd as I am entering the details into the "Confident Traveler - USA" option

Anyone seen this? Any proposed resolution?

I have previously used VeriFLY successfully in recent months for Denmark and Spain, not the US though (not sure if this is a factor?)
FYI

This was not a timing issue. The error message remained all through to yesterday. Upon which I contacted VeriFLY who advised to delete the app, reinstall and recover your account, and start again.

it works fine now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.